Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default My Jaw Just Dropped!

I just checked, Delta and Continental's websites for airfare for the Century cruise for new years eve...Delta's price was $1,018.00, and Continental was $1240.00. Air Tran and Jet Blue, do not have their books open yet for those dates.. I sure hope this changes, because we will not be going with these prices! I wanted to type, I didn't mean first class! [OY]

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Admiral

trip, ou for got the vey! OMG, that is steep!

I also noticed fares on the upswing with AC.

I may look into better packages with air fare, and for a longer cruise,
travelling wih some friends who would like to go, but dont want to go on a five day cruise.
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

OMG Trip,
Those prices are more than we will pay for the cruise. Right now at this point, its doubtful I can go anyway, if the airfares stay like that, no way, I do hope they change.

Please keep us posted, OK?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:06 AM
Admiral

That is outrageous! It's hard to justify a cruise when the airfare is so steep. Boy, am I glad I live in Florida and can drive to any port.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 27th, 2006, 06:40 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to LGriggs548

Trip,

I already booked our air for the New Years cruise. We never get good fares out of Raleigh but I found 325 on Delta for us and grabbed it immediately. After your post, I'm glad I did. And I thought 325 was too much. Guess not. I couldn't find decent hotel prices for the pre cruise, so that's why I booked the extra 2 day portion of the cruise (to help justify the high air?) and used reward points for the hotel. Keep looking, it will go down, I hope. There's always Southwest to FLL and then cab over which we do most of the time. Delta just happened to have a straight through flight down and back with no going through Atlanta so I grabbed it. Good luck and I'll keep my eyes open too.
Linda
Old March 27th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Admiral

A few weeks ago I read an arcticle that all the airlines are charging more now...period. I don't think the prices will come down any time soon I am glad I live in swfl too Thomas , this way I save on airfare also an djust drive to any of the FL ports
Old March 27th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
That is outrageous! It's hard to justify a cruise when the airfare is so steep. Boy, am I glad I live in Florida and can drive to any port.

Regards,
Thomas
Ditto! I can't imagine paying more for airfare than I paid for the cruise!

A good site I recently found for trying to find cheaper fares (forgive me if I'm not supposed to post this) is www.kayak.com. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 27th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Admiral

Trip - that is outrageous to say the least. It might be worth your while to check into flights out of Worcester(not that far for you) TF Greene in Rhode Island or Manchester,NH. Southwest i think does go out of Worcester.
Old March 27th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas

Regards,
Thomas
Ditto! I can't imagine paying more for airfare than I paid for the cruise!

A good site I recently found for trying to find cheaper fares (forgive me if I'm not supposed to post this) is www.kayak.com. Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Michelle P.
Another site you can look at is www.mobissimo.com. Also www.qixo.com.
Old March 27th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thanks everyone, I am still on this mission,and I am making some progress. One sight, that Tweety told me about, showed some reasonable prices, but when I clicked on one itinerary, it went to the higher priced flights that I had already looked at. The route from Boston to South Florida, is a very, very busy one here, and I really have not seen these prices in a long time.

I have checked out Providence. Flight times are awful too, I like to leave in the early morning. I am going to see what happens, in 2 months, when the return flights for January, come up for Jet blue, and Airtran. I will see what's what, unless I become lucky in my investiagtions now.

I hate to see what hotels will be, one sight had prices sky high! My usual cruise time is in October, so this is quite an eye opener.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator