Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Default My opinion.

Relax. It's my opinion. It doesn't need a rebuttal, or statistical analysis.

Since the "Events of January 2006", this little, deemed-unimportant section of CruiseMates has lost a huge portion of its spunk. A moderator belittled the event by saying "we lost a couple of prolific posters". What an incredibly colossal understatement. (He should run for public office, with spin like that)

And I'm sad. I understand it's a business (and for this I do not blame anybody), but I did post regularly (not anymore) and this was once my homepage......

I know those in charge do not profit directly from my presence, but I did enjoy hanging out here (and having my clicks counted). However so many have moved to "that other place" that this specific CM B.B. is (imho) a shell of it's former self, and I feel it will take a good long time to recover.

Do I join those folks at the "other place"? Do I go back to the Addicts BB I used to frequent before I dropped anchor here? Tough questions. But definitely time to address them.

CruiseMates.... it's been swell, and I will pop in from time to time.

regards,
" A Cynic in Limbo"
Sponsored Links
Old March 28th, 2006, 12:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Relax. It's my opinion. It doesn't need a rebuttal, or statistical analysis.

Since the "Events of January 2006", this little, deemed-unimportant section of CruiseMates has lost a huge portion of its spunk. A moderator belittled the event by saying "we lost a couple of prolific posters". What an incredibly colossal understatement. (He should run for public office, with spin like that)
Quote:
However so many have moved to "that other place" that this specific CM B.B. is (imho) a shell of it's former self
Honestly Cynic... I'll hate to see you go (believe it or not). You can offer some unique views and I appreciate that, even if I don't always agree.

But I also do think you've overstated things in your own analysis. Frankly, since the "event" you've referred to maybe a half dozen people choose to no longer post here at all. Others are "cross posters", and are certainly still welcome here. Lots of people here post to multiple sites.

The "other site" that you refer to gets maybe 30 or 40 visitors a day...(and if they're happy going there then that's terrific). But many of them still also post here as well. I assume out of a desire to do so, because they enjoy it here.

Fact is (even if you don't want to hear them ) since January the CruiseMates site as a whole (not just the Chit Chat folder) has grown CONSIDERABLY in numbers of readers, and numbers of members... becoming the second most visited cruise related web site on the Internet.

And visitors to CruiseMates now spend more time, and now read more (page views) per visit than ANY cruise related site on the net.

So.. while you may not care for the direction the Chit Chat message board has gone (whether others agree or not) I don't think you should
overlook the growth and value of the site as a whole.

I do honestly hope that you find a site that fills the need you're looking for. Perhaps you need to look around more; it may not be a cruise site you're really after.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:12 AM
Admiral

"Relax. It's my opinion. It doesn't need a rebuttal, or statistical analysis."

Thanks, Kuki. I somehow knew you would anyhow.
Old March 28th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Admiral

Dang , can't we just get along

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 28th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Admiral

sorry to see u go, CC....