Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.
Default Good Friday Morning!

Good morning from Orlando....yes, I know it's still Thursday night but some days are like that.
We'll be off early this morning for Miami. Our son was picked for the tournament team for a water polo tournament and since it's also his 17th birthday today DH and I decided we should take the day off and go to Miami and spend the night and see the games Friday night and Saturday.
Have a great weekend mates!
Angela Z.
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Admiral

Well, let me be the 2nd to say good morning, and it is officially morning here, at 2:30a.m.. Still not asleep, too wound up from skating earlier this evening, and fighting leg cramps!
Will check in later with weather update...

donna
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Cruisemates from NH's beautiful Lakes Region. It is 3:20 AM. Unable to sleep so I am wandering around the website catching up on all the posts. Work for me today and Patty will be here tonight. Have a great day Cruisemates.

Laura
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:55 AM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Jacqueline

Goodmorning early birds.

Angela, there is no plane coming your way on budget prices

RD, take a warm bath for your legs!!

Cruznut, go to bed.

Have a great weekend!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old April 7th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

We were busy yesterday trying to adjust our weekend plans. Going to the funeral tomorrow for our fire chief was the most important, so we had to move some activities. The other important activity is making pierogis for Easter. We were going to do this Sat. morning, but we're going to make them Sunday after church.
Just in case you folks don't know what pierogis are, they are sort of a large dumpling filled with a mashed potato/sharp cheddar cheese mixture. We usually make about 12 dozen of these, boil then to cook the outside dough, and then freeze them for Easter day. Then we fry them in butter/margarine with onions. What a treat!

Picked up my new 'puter yesterday, but I didn't have time to set it up. Maybe after work I'll have time, otherwise, it's after the funeral.

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Today my new front entry door is being installed. should be nice, we got glass inserts, so the entry will now be light...one estimate we got for pretty much the same doors, was $10,000! We asked if they were made of gold!!!

Bruce took the mini dog from hell, with him to work today, I have the other 10 pound yipper.We didn't want the workmen to run screaming from the house..I also have the baby around noon, I hope they are done,and,I am still not feeling up to snuff....OY OY OY!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 7th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning Angela, Donna, Laura, Jacqueline, Ed and Trip. Houston has 71F and cloudy. Suppose to burn off to be a hot, clear day today. Bad night emotionally last night and actually, the entire day yesterday. Why can't I be a cold person? . Might do a cruise next month as a single. That might help. Working on it. I trust everyone is doing well this morning. Have a wonderful day everybody!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone!!!! It is about time the week came to an end. It appears that we are going to have a rainy weekend so finishing the deck is off the weekend schedule.

Michael, hang in there!!!!

Eveyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 7th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Sun is shining so that's good.

Getting together with my girlfriends from high school tonight. We only get together about twice a year now. One of them moved to Orlando a couple years ago. Can't wait to see them. I also can't believe I've been out of high school for 30 years.

Have the roofer coming today for an estimate. We lost a few shingles during some heavy winds. Also getting our new basement door done on Sunday. It's nice to have friends in the construction business. (cost is low and they work on weekends.)

Working all weekend so I'll miss the Red Sox on Sunday. But I'll see them tonight (we're going to a bar/restaurant) and tomorrow.

Michael--keep positive. The light at the end of your tunnel will be getting brighter.

Eddie--Can I order some pierogis to go? Sounds good.

Angela--have fun in Miami. Good luck to your son.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old April 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Grey and rainy, and could turn to snow again tonight. But high 50's are predicted for next week! DH took the day off and is puttering on the Bathroom Project. It could be a long weekend. My biggest hurdle of the day is supper tonight. Nothing sounds appealing.

Sounds like most of you have some fun plans. I'll just be watching the Sox!

Mike - praying expecially for you today! Find something to do this weekend.

Good Weekend to you all,
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Admiral

A second good morning from Montreal, where it is dull, gray, and a light rain accompanies 4C. Warming up for the weekend though, so we have something to look forward to....
I feel like I haven't slept at all, so I'm going to enjoy nap time at work today!

donna
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:28 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from SW AR. Sorry to hear a number of you couldn't sleep last night. Called a bummer!!!

We are going to have sunshine with patchy clouds today and will be a little on the warm side. 82 F. Woods behind the house are looking real good with all the green showing.

Like Ben said yesterday, we too are having the same green mist from the trees covering everything outside.

All three landscaper contractors have been by and the estimates are now being done. Two of them seem to present themselves much better then the third one did. We shall see what the $$$$$'s will be.

Just got a call from the furniture store in Hot Springs and the last of our furniture we ordered six weeks ago will be here between between 10 and
1. Yeeeaaaa.

Everyone have a great day and be careful out there.
Old April 7th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

Good morning from utah! Suppose to clear and have better weather for a while--so tired of the rain and snow. It will be nice to see the sunshine.
Got all my travel reservations done for labor day weekend. What a chore! you'd think that you'd be able to find a hotel room w/ 2 queen beds and a pool in Reno for a decent price--NOT on labor day weekend! --but managed for about $238 total for both nights so that wasn't too bad. (just didn't want to spend that much) Hotel for Elko done as well as on our way to LA so we're all set! (we have to go to Reno first for a wedding before going to LA for our cruise) Now i can sit back and relax for about 5 months--NOT! lol- -I 've got garden to plant as soon as the weather cooperates and other projects as well. lol! It will help me take up my time until trip time tho--so looking forward to the diversions.
one cute thing--my 5yo asked this morning is it time to get on the boat yet?? lol--I showed him a calander and tried to explain that it will be a while--they don't have that comprehension yet.
Old April 7th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from once-again-sunny Southern California. We have been given another day's reprieve from the next batch of rain. Honestly, all the whining about the so-called "dry" winter!

Looks like I wasn't the only one awake at all hours last night. My excuse was bad dreams.

Angela, have a god time!
RD, "I get leg cramps, too. I was told it's a calcium deficiency.
Eddie, mmmm, thos pierogis sound good!
Michael, have courage.
Trip, we had a new front door instaled several years ago. Expensive, isn't it?
Mike, hope you're feelin' better.

Ironing to be done . . . Keith has a workshop project he's working on.

Gotta end this long one!

Judy
Old April 7th, 2006, 11:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! It's still raining in Calgary even though the forecast was for clearing and warmer temps. Don't we all wish we had jobs where we could be wrong all the time, and have people expect it?
I can see my perfomance evaluation.....
Kuki screwed up 93% of the tasks he was assigned. A 19% raise in salary is recommended

Spent last night getting our "tax stuff" ready to go to our accountant, Bill U. Tilubleed.

Mrs. K was at the Dr. yesterday and he told her how I good I looked in a tv interview he saw me on this week. Guess that means I can skip my physical now because I've already got his opinion for free
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning everyone from Central Texas, where it is sunny and cool for awhile. Have classes today, but had a break, so came home to check the home front.

Depression has lifted, and feeling myself again. It is good to get back to helping people on the boards, and to saying a very present Hello.

Everyone have a good day. Prayers to those who need it, and love to all.

Luanne