Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Captain

Default Med cruise

Hi,
I noticed Susie is taking a Med cruise and it got me thinking. What is a Med cruise like compared to the Carib. cruises?

Karen
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Passenger

Hi!
I've only been on 9 cruises, but two of them have been on the Mediterranian: One on the Crystal and the other on the Grand Princess!
To me and for all the money, I BELIEVE THAT THE MED. IS THE GREATEST CRUISE going!
The scenery is better ,the people are more friendly, the locations are fabulous: Monte Carlo, Istanbul, Greek Isles, Italy Spain!
Enjoy your trip. I wish I was going with you, but my next trips are to the Caribbean, Panama Canal and Disney with the Grandkids!
Let it all hang out and have a great time!
littlemoe
Old April 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The Med is VERY different from a Carribbean sailing. Very intensive and active touring necessary for most ports of call, and so much to see you really have to pick and choose what you're going to devote the short time too.

It's an excellent way to get an "appetizer" of what Europe has to offer, and quite an economical way to see Europe, because land travel, with hotels and restaurants, in Europe can be very expensive.

The Caribbean can be as relaxing as you like. In Europe if you're not on the go in every port you really feel like you're missing something.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 11th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Captain

I think Kuki sums it up pretty well! I've cruised for the last 20+ years and there's just some places I haven't cruised to yet.

The Med has been high on my list so 2007 is the year I'm going to do it.
I've had my eye on it for years and just haven't but now that Princess is putting a small ship in service, an added incentive.

I really didn't want to do the Med on a ship with 1,500-2,500 people. I don't mind big ships but they do have their drawbacks when tendering is involved for one thing. Also traveling alone, meeting up with people more than once can be a problem on a bigger ship, too.

The Med takes some planning, more money, flight times, hotels are more expensive, meals, etc. Cruises are generally longer, too although they have 7 day ones. Trouble with 7 days is, you have the long flights to get there.

Well, that's it in a long nutshell!!!