CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   My cruise story! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/312532-my-cruise-story.html)

kimbo April 17th, 2006 12:00 PM

My cruise story!

Since you asked, I will post my story. I first want to thank cruise mates for this website. It is a HUGE HELP when deciding on which cruise to take!This was our 4th cruise… first with NCL.

We went on the norwegion jewel, from miami to san juan to st. johns antiqua to st thomas to stirrup cay. San juan was very americanized. We did the old and new san juan tour. At antigua we had a lobster lunch on the beach and swam. Saw a valcano across from antigua spewing ash, that was awesome. At st thomas we went to maegans bay, very pretty. Then stirrup cay was a beach break, water was very nice, beach was crowded though. Like I said before, there was a rainbow as we approached st thomas and it ended right next to our ship in the water, pretty cool huh???

As for the ship, clean, beautiful, staff very friendly and genuine! We ate in the french restraunt la bistro…had to pay $10/per person, but WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our seat was a plush red velvet curved couch with throw pillows. I had escargot mmmm, He had a norwegion seafood something appetizer he kept going on and on and on about that, very tastey…filet minogn with a truffle sauce mmmm, cheescake for dessert. Top notch food and service I highly recommend. My husband was skeptical at first about the french food, but after the cruise was over he agreed the french place was the best of all the restraunts. We went to cagney’s steak house. 15$/per person, Very good. I got the lamb, he got the steak. I also got the oysters rockerfeller casserole appetizer…good. He got the crab cake, very good. For dessert, sinful dark chocolate cake OH MY GOD! YUM! We also ate at the non pay restraunts… good as well. Tsars place was very nice (main dinning room). Each time we were sat next to the window overlooking the ocean. Candle light dinners every night.

The kids club was crowded, but I believe that was due to all the spring breakers (we brought our 4 yr old). She seemed to have a good time though.

Staff/waiters/waitresses… top notch! The shows, top notch! Le Circue Biju sort of like a cicus sole (how do you spell?) very neat. Comedian was funny, magician was good. Cruise director was funny. The staff variety show was funny.

Embarkation, disembarkation, and we even had to go through customs in the middle of our cruise before getting onto one of the islands….all SMOOTH AS SILK! They have got their stuff together on this ship let me tell you!

Like I said, the cruise I did before this one had me second guessing ever going on another cruise again…but now my faith has been restored once again…I’m ready to set sail as soon as I finish with washing that mountain of dirty clothes!!
LOL

Luanne Russo April 17th, 2006 12:25 PM

Good Review. Now what about the pictures? Glad you had a great time.

Luanne

mehawk April 17th, 2006 12:27 PM

Glad you had a great time!! :D

kimbo April 17th, 2006 01:17 PM

i put some pictures in the gallery! just got off the phone with my husband, he said, he wants to book a cruise in june and doesnt care who it is....he is very depressed PCD bad!

dina April 17th, 2006 01:37 PM

Thank you for sharing your trip. It sounds like you had a great time. I know how he feels. LOL

Kuki April 17th, 2006 03:54 PM

Delighted to hear you had such a great time. Please add your review to our Readers Review area as well, so it will be easily accessible to readers for a long time to come.

I'm doing my very first NCL cruise in June, and you've certainly added to my eager anticipation of it, thanks!

rollerdonna April 17th, 2006 05:06 PM

Kimbo, sounds great, and now you have to get busy researching ANOTHER one! By the way, the proper spelling is "Cirque de Soleil". Did you know it originated here in Montreal? :D

donna

David West April 18th, 2006 09:02 AM

Wow :!: Sounds like you had a wonderful time and cruise. I know how your husband feels. I get it after every cruise. :(

Rollerdonna, What ever you say Donna. LOL I can't even pronounce it, much less spell it. :-?

Happy Sailing to all;
David

Fisch April 18th, 2006 09:58 AM

Kimbo, we were on the same cruise. It was wonderful. I agree with everything you wrote. The volcano you saw was actually on the island of Montserrat. It was pretty cool. We were at Dark Wood Beach, Antigua watching it, too. And the show is actually called "Cirque Bijou". We got side tracked so we missed it.

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. We liked it more than the Dawn.

KimJack April 18th, 2006 11:23 AM

You picked a wonderful ship for your first NCL cruise, kimbo. We were on the Jewel in November (W. Carib.) and again in January (E. Carib.), and that ship is everything you wrote about it and more. Glad you enjoyed yourselves so much.

Fisch, it's too bad that you missed the spectacular Cirque Bijou. It was without a doubt the best show we have ever seen on a cruise ship.

Jack

Phyllbo April 18th, 2006 03:57 PM

Glad you had such a great time, Kimbo. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's good to hear more about Norwegian Cruise line too.

Phyll

crabbie1 April 18th, 2006 05:51 PM

My Cruise Story

kimbo
So glad you had a wonderful cruise. Hopefully our First cruise will be also.

We have seen Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas four times, "O" once and KA once. They are all great shows, but think we like the Cirque de Soleil best.

rollerdonna, I have seen one of the Canadian shows on T.V. We think they are GREAT. The problem we hae was trying to EXPLAIN the show to everyone when we returned home.

crabbie1