Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:00 PM
First Mate

Default My cruise story!

Since you asked, I will post my story. I first want to thank cruise mates for this website. It is a HUGE HELP when deciding on which cruise to take!This was our 4th cruise… first with NCL.

We went on the norwegion jewel, from miami to san juan to st. johns antiqua to st thomas to stirrup cay. San juan was very americanized. We did the old and new san juan tour. At antigua we had a lobster lunch on the beach and swam. Saw a valcano across from antigua spewing ash, that was awesome. At st thomas we went to maegans bay, very pretty. Then stirrup cay was a beach break, water was very nice, beach was crowded though. Like I said before, there was a rainbow as we approached st thomas and it ended right next to our ship in the water, pretty cool huh???

As for the ship, clean, beautiful, staff very friendly and genuine! We ate in the french restraunt la bistro…had to pay $10/per person, but WORTH EVERY PENNY. Our seat was a plush red velvet curved couch with throw pillows. I had escargot mmmm, He had a norwegion seafood something appetizer he kept going on and on and on about that, very tastey…filet minogn with a truffle sauce mmmm, cheescake for dessert. Top notch food and service I highly recommend. My husband was skeptical at first about the french food, but after the cruise was over he agreed the french place was the best of all the restraunts. We went to cagney’s steak house. 15$/per person, Very good. I got the lamb, he got the steak. I also got the oysters rockerfeller casserole appetizer…good. He got the crab cake, very good. For dessert, sinful dark chocolate cake OH MY GOD! YUM! We also ate at the non pay restraunts… good as well. Tsars place was very nice (main dinning room). Each time we were sat next to the window overlooking the ocean. Candle light dinners every night.

The kids club was crowded, but I believe that was due to all the spring breakers (we brought our 4 yr old). She seemed to have a good time though.

Staff/waiters/waitresses… top notch! The shows, top notch! Le Circue Biju sort of like a cicus sole (how do you spell?) very neat. Comedian was funny, magician was good. Cruise director was funny. The staff variety show was funny.

Embarkation, disembarkation, and we even had to go through customs in the middle of our cruise before getting onto one of the islands….all SMOOTH AS SILK! They have got their stuff together on this ship let me tell you!

Like I said, the cruise I did before this one had me second guessing ever going on another cruise again…but now my faith has been restored once again…I’m ready to set sail as soon as I finish with washing that mountain of dirty clothes!!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Review. Now what about the pictures? Glad you had a great time.

Luanne
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Glad you had a great time!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:17 PM
First Mate

i put some pictures in the gallery! just got off the phone with my husband, he said, he wants to book a cruise in june and doesnt care who it is....he is very depressed PCD bad!
NCL JEWEL 4/9/2006
DISNEY WONDER 6/15/06
NCL SUN 1/23/07 (girls trip!)
NCL PEARL 3/30/07
RCCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/27/07
NCL Sky 8/31/09 (Mom's Bday Cruise)
Disney Magic 10/17/09 with the baby!!
Next Cruise...NCL Dawn 6/6/10 NYC to Bermuda ;-)
Old April 17th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Admiral

Thank you for sharing your trip. It sounds like you had a great time. I know how he feels.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old April 17th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Delighted to hear you had such a great time. Please add your review to our Readers Review area as well, so it will be easily accessible to readers for a long time to come.

I'm doing my very first NCL cruise in June, and you've certainly added to my eager anticipation of it, thanks!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Kimbo, sounds great, and now you have to get busy researching ANOTHER one! By the way, the proper spelling is "Cirque de Soleil". Did you know it originated here in Montreal?

donna
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Wow Sounds like you had a wonderful time and cruise. I know how your husband feels. I get it after every cruise.

Rollerdonna, What ever you say Donna. I can't even pronounce it, much less spell it.

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old April 18th, 2006, 09:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Kimbo, we were on the same cruise. It was wonderful. I agree with everything you wrote. The volcano you saw was actually on the island of Montserrat. It was pretty cool. We were at Dark Wood Beach, Antigua watching it, too. And the show is actually called "Cirque Bijou". We got side tracked so we missed it.

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. We liked it more than the Dawn.
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Admiral

You picked a wonderful ship for your first NCL cruise, kimbo. We were on the Jewel in November (W. Carib.) and again in January (E. Carib.), and that ship is everything you wrote about it and more. Glad you enjoyed yourselves so much.

Fisch, it's too bad that you missed the spectacular Cirque Bijou. It was without a doubt the best show we have ever seen on a cruise ship.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Glad you had such a great time, Kimbo. Thanks for sharing it with us. It's good to hear more about Norwegian Cruise line too.

Phyll
Old April 18th, 2006, 05:51 PM
First Mate

Default My Cruise Story

kimbo
So glad you had a wonderful cruise. Hopefully our First cruise will be also.

We have seen Cirque de Soleil in Las Vegas four times, "O" once and KA once. They are all great shows, but think we like the Cirque de Soleil best.

rollerdonna, I have seen one of the Canadian shows on T.V. We think they are GREAT. The problem we hae was trying to EXPLAIN the show to everyone when we returned home.

crabbie1