Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Are You A Room Service Junkie?

Are you addicted to that tempting menu? What floats your boat, and when does it get floated? Is there a delectible, you just cannot get enough of? Or do you not indulge..I know morning coffee for many, is a MUST!

For us, it's usually after we get back to the cabin, after the days activities, [like we haven't eaten enough already] a snack, a nap, then dressing for dinner!

But then again, when the night is over, maybe tea, coffee, and a dessert. which we don't usually eat at dinner.

So, where do you fit in the the mix?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Trip,
We like our coffee, a danish in the early morning if there is a shore trip planned first thing. Other wise, we go to the main dining room, The lido for lunch. We may order something after the last show before we turn in.
Got to get the moneys worth... eat, eat,eat 8)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:02 PM
Admiral

I thought about using it for tea in the morning but never got around to doing it. Maybe next trip.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

We rarely do room service breakfast but will do room service when not up to doing dinner or some other meal.

Full dining room menu from room service is a nice feature that many more ships and lines are now offering.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Admiral

We've been on 17 cruises to date and have never called room service. We tend to stay up late and to sleep late, and in the A.M. we head for the buffet. We spend so little time in the cabin that room service never seems to fit our schedule. And we seldom get a balcony, so there are no mornings where we enjoy a room service breakfast as we enjoy the scenery. I guess we're just not room service people

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:30 PM
Admiral

we use room service quite often. Its a great wake-up call(especially on shore days) we order coffee, juice, fruit,maybe a danish, sit out on the balcony in our robes read the ships paper, watch the ship come into port, its a great way to start the day.
We will order a sandwich or salad late in the day(to tide us over to dinner)
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

So far DH and I have never used it. The kids did though, for chocolate chip cookies and milk at midnight. They really enjoyed it.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:42 PM
Admiral

Not a junkie at all, but have used it once or twice, when just before retiring for the night we realized we were hungry and too lazy to get dressed again, so ordered an ham&cheese sandwich (with chips!) from room service.

donna
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I rarely use room service. I am a "morning" person. I usually dress and go to lido for coffee. If I have a roomie she usually appreciates the quiet to sleep in. then when I finally go back to the room I bring coffee for us and fruit and danish.

Laura
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

We love room service in the morning. As was said, it is a great way to have a wake up call, and food at the same time.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yeoman

Default Are you a room service junkie?

Love to languish in the morning. Usually order a pot of coffee for two, then later my "cabin boy" (dh) goes up and brings me 2 slices of bacon, cantalope and more coffee with sugar in the raw and much cream. Just love fruit on cruises.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to lexxity

We always have breakfast in cabin, it's just so much more civalised than an alarm clock, especially on a port day. I always have a pot of tea after I get back at night. Sometimes I will have a snack after getting back from an excursion.

Queen Elizabeth 2 - Trans-Atlantic 2001
Queen Mary 2 - Caribbean - 2004
Queen Mary 2 - Mediterranean - 2004

QM2 Transatlantic
QE2 40th Anniversary Round Britain Cruise.
Old May 6th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I love room service, and will even opt to miss dinner after a long day in port just so I can sit in my jammies, eat dinner in the cabin, and watch a good movie. This is where the luxury ships shine, you can have your butler bring you dinner from the dining room menu, one course at a time. And of course they bring the linens and all the food as warm as possible.

One Princess cruise we had early seating (which I never do) and every midnight I was hungry again so I ordred a sandwich at bedtime. I gained almost 10 pounds that cruise.

I also found out a secret about Costa ships. If you are sick in your cabin they will bring you dinner from the dining room menu. All at once and no butler, but nice anyway. Yes, I got "sick" at least once on that cuise.

I must have coffee almost every morning before I face the multitudes. Take a shower and get dressed to go to the buffet without coffee first? no can do...
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

My wife and I have room service each morning, being coffee or a full breakfast.
We are not morning people and getting dressed to hit the buffet is more than we can stand.

Other than morning we rarely use room service.

Old May 6th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Passenger

We really enjoy having breakfast brought in, and love to sit out on the balcony. That's the only time we use room service.
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Admiral

I'm with Darcy's kids - we ALWAYS order cookies, brownies and milk late at night!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Dorothy you are my kind of friend!!!! I usually order coffeee and maybe a small snack at night. My kids love room service and will order every day soemthing. Middle daughter sometimes just stays in cabin, watches movies and orders room service all day.Now you know why we will never have a cabin with our kids

On our last few Disney cruises youngest always ordered ch. chip cookies and ch. milk.They also have a great tray of ass. cheeses, crackers and fruit that I liked. Our kids will get an ample amount of $$$$ bills and always tip the waiter when he brings the food. They love it.
Old May 7th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Captain

I'm generally not a room service type, as I am a morning person, love to get up and out, probably because I travel alone.

I must say though, Jennifer and I ordered breakfast every day on our Glory cruise; I enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony! We had one of those extended ones, it was great!

I had a balcony cabin by myself on a Costa cruise and didn't think about ordering a wake up coffee! Probably just in shock over having a balcony in the first place!!! :-)
Old May 7th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter
I love room service, and will even opt to miss dinner after a long day in port just so I can sit in my jammies, eat dinner in the cabin, and watch a good movie. This is where the luxury ships shine, you can have your butler bring you dinner from the dining room menu, one course at a time. And of course they bring the linens and all the food as warm as possible.

One Princess cruise we had early seating (which I never do) and every midnight I was hungry again so I ordred a sandwich at bedtime. I gained almost 10 pounds that cruise.

I also found out a secret about Costa ships. If you are sick in your cabin they will bring you dinner from the dining room menu. All at once and no butler, but nice anyway. Yes, I got "sick" at least once on that cuise.

I must have coffee almost every morning before I face the multitudes. Take a shower and get dressed to go to the buffet without coffee first? no can do...
Man, I wish I had known this! My husband broke his ankle in Cozumel and I decided to stay with him that evening instead of going to dinner -- lobster night! I ordered off of the room service menu and we had sandwiches.

That just reminds me that we should at least ASK in a case like that. All they can do is say no. Thanks!

Caribbean Travel Photos & Pictures