Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

It's Saturday and in Houston, the weather is 75F and cloudy. Actually, at this particular moment, we are under a tornado warning until 8am. There was an 80 percent chance of storms through the night but, not a drop yet. Today, DF and I are going to a classic car show and then some movies this evening, unless we decide to stay on the coast. Have a wonderful day every one.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:04 AM
Admiral

Good early Saturday morning Michael and those to follow. Looks like it's going to be another nice day. Up early to go to work. Then going out to dinner with my mom tonight.

As much as I miss my husband, boy is it nice being alone. They start their drive back from Tampa today. Please keep them in your prayers for a safe trip.

Not much else going on.

Michael--it is good to see you happy again. Have fun at the car show.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Admiral

here in W TX, we have had tornado warnings all week... gor LOTS of rain tonight... and the season (tornado is just getting underway) it really stresses my son out BAD !! We TRY to keep him distracted... but not always successful !

He is very excited that we are having his bday party tonight & we leave for Vegas soon !! Hard to believe this time next week we will be thinking about packing to come home..... Why do work weeks DRAG on while vacation weeks FLY by ? Someone needs to fix that !

Hope u all have a grreat Saturday... heed any weather warnings responsibly ! Possessions can be replaced, people cant !

Take Care,
Steph
Old May 6th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
Today is National Scrap book day. Our store is having a big party for 24 hours of non stop crop (thats slang for doing scrapbooking), eating, games, etc.
Today is the KY derby and DH birthday.
We have a lot to celebrate.
God bless America.
Carole 8)
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is gonna rain today, oh well, just means we will open the pool tomorrow instead of today.

Today is a Mother/Daughter Banquet at church. This will be at 1. Then we will come home and help my son get ready for the prom. He ordered a zoot suite (or is it zuit suit). Black dress shires, white suit with black pin stripes, white and black shoes and he bought a real spiffy hat (as they can't be rented). Hope his date is up for this.

That will pretty much take up the entire day.

Hope you that are facing bad weather stay safe. Very scary!

Wishing you all a great day,
Jen
Old May 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal where it's dull, overcast and down to the teens again. Right now it's only 11C, going up to maybe 14C, which in the 50's F is not very pleasant.
Not much on the agenda today, just Pilates and maybe a Garage Sale, and some gardening if it doesn't rain....

VTJen, your son's suit sounds like fun! I hope you will post photos for us!

SeaTrekker, I'd love to come to your Scrapbooking Party! If you let me loose in there, I'd spend way too much money!

Steph, please keep safe and out of the way of those tornadoes!

Nolou, enjoy your alone time - it won't last long!

Michael, enjoy your day. you sound so much more positive about life!

And speaking of positive - I was so pleased to see that Delfthuis posted here on her own yesterday, and is managaing to to get up and around also. She's been through a really rough time, and it's good to see her getting back to normal!

donna
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:26 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates from cloudy AR. 58 right now with a high of 68 predicted. Rain coming our way this afternoon and into the evening.

DW and I will be going to Wal-Mart this AM to get some items we can't without! Hope to get all this done before the rain hits.

Kentucky Derby this afternoon and we will be rooting for Lawyer Ron to take it all. He did well and won the Arkansas Derby here at Oaklawn Park in Hot Springs last month.

It's all over but the shouting with the Rock the Lock Cruise. The last leg from Cabo to San Diego could be a little rough and windy today.

Everyone have a great day and be safe.
Old May 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is clear out, but humid. Last night I went to bed so tired that I said " Lord, I am so tired, if the Tornadoes come, please blow a mattress over me and my kids." When we are under the warnings like Steph and Michael, someone always stays up in case there is an emergency, but not last night. Yesterday was "Field Day" at school. All of the students spent the day on the play ground, doing different games. It was hot and humid and the kids got in bad moods, and said things like, "He touched me" He 's not being fair" etc. You get the idea. It is suppose to be fun, but I wonder sometimes.
Today I am sore, and sun burned, and still tired.

Tonight is my youngest Prom. He is so cute with his preparations. He is going with a girl that he says is a least likely girlfriend. He tells me that he does not want a regular girlfriend, so he wanted to go to have fun but to not have it lead up to something else. All the students were asked to sign a "No sex, no drinking pledge" I told him that I was not stupid, and wanted him to be protected in every way, so if he was embarrassed, and needed me to buy him something I would. He said it wasn't necessary. YES!! That's what a mom wants to hear. I am very proud of my boys. We have always had an open relationship, and can discuss these things.

Today, I am going to clean. With me working full time this week, I have neglected a number of things.

I have not kept up with everyone this week, but hope that all are well, and happy. We have a moment of silence every morning at school, and I always ask the Lord to protect my Cruisemates friends.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Following up on my earlier posting... the rain has come and, boy, did it ever!! :o It started as I was driving in to work at 5:20am. Would have liked to have seen it rain last night so I would not have had to had worked that second job.

Thanks for the words Cheryl and Donna. Yes, I feel like a new man now. Incredible and always uplifting to watch Him at work in our lives. He has taken a bad situation and blessed me with his favors and delivered my happiness and life back to me.

Only 37 days until DF and I get on the Esctasy and go to Mexico.

I see where Carnival is having an incredible sale right now and I am going to talk to DF about maybe a third cruise in December.

Everyone have a safe, relaxing and joyous Saturday!!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 6th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Had an unexpected road trip to South Carolina this week for my husbands uncle's funeral and arrived back home yesterday.
Today my son is taking the SAT and we're getting ready for a low country boil dinner/Kentucky Derby party we decided to host.
Angela Z.
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Saturday Morning!

till we leave for Ft. Lauderdale!!! This time next week, we'll be on the Ship! YIPPEE!

Old May 6th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Only one way to describe it outside: OVERCAST! Well, when it burns off, it'll be another magnificent day like yesterday.

Keith still has problems with his new glasses, so it's back to Pasadena today. I have floors to wash and ironing to do.

Don't know if we'll be home to watch the Kentucky Derby or not.

Have a good Sat whatever you do.

Judy
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I know it's a little late, but better late than never. When I planted the rose bushes for MIL, I tweaked my knee a bit, and it's still not right. So I decided not to go hunting this morning. Just as well, because it's raining out, and I hate sitting in the rain (except if it's a football game ). So I've been helping DW do a little spring cleaning. I'm getting all the high spots, and she's cleaning below. Now if we can get out of each other's way.

I figured it was time for a break, here I am.

Don't forget the Kentucky Derby later on today. And don't have too many Mint Juleps!

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Eddie, Just curious. What do you hunt this time of year? Sorry about your knee. Hope it gets to feeling better.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 6th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
I've been up since before 8AM but just came in here to see what's happening. I didn't want fasteddie to have to be the last one to post. I'm used to it!
It's about 77 here already in Avon Park.FL. Rain chances are no higher than 20% this weekend into the week--but that is Tampa.
We'll be watching the Kentucky Derby this afternoon. There is a local horse from Tampa/Ocala farms that will be running-some long name, so I may bet on him.
Yesterday Trevor re-arranged my computer set-up, changed the settings on my music, etc. Now I can actually hear the surround sound! It makes a difference, plus turning the bass all the way up. Think "We Will Rock You" by Queen! Now I need him to change my desktop picture to St. Thomas from Ochos Rios!!
Is this page especially wide this morning or is it just my computer. I don't think the wrap around is working-had to scroll to read entire lines.

Anyway-have a terrific days. I hope all of you in the rain don't get washed away!!
Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old May 6th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Admiral

Ed, maybe you need to do the potato sack lifts for the knees...