Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Admiral

Default Good rainy Saturday morning

Up extra early this morning to go to work. I need to leave early to get my hair done for a wedding tonight. It has been raining heavy since last night and is going to continue today. Hope it stops abit for the wedding.

My daughter comes home tonight. YIPPEE!!!! My son had a great time riding in the Ferrari's yesterday.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning Cheryl and all to follow. I too am up earlier than usual on a Saturday, had to drop off youngest daughter at her school for a band trip to Cedar Point,Ohio. We have a weekly production meeting at work that starts at 7 am, so I thought I'd come in early to catch up on the boards. Good weekend to all!
Caribbean Princess....Jan. 2007
Crown Princess.........Jan. 2008
Caribbean Princess....May 2008
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2009
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2010
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2011
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Captain

Good morning,
I hope DH gets up soon to make our saturday morning feast. French toast I hope for this moring. We use the whole wheat cinnamon raison bread to make it. I think Freighoffer's puts it out the kind I like. Great to make french toast. Or should I be calling it freedom toast. Just kidding

Karen
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning Cheryl, crusingalong and Karen, and everyone else this morning. Houston has 61F under clear skies. Moving under 30 days until Sandra and I cruise Woo Hoo! I can't wait. Check in later...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 13th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Good Morning all,

Rain on the forecast. Guess this pretty much secures the fact that I'll have to hosting tomorrows shinding inside. I so hoped to do it outside, as the house is so small that it makes it down right hard to fix the food and serve it with all these people. Will have to set up one table in the living room and put the leaf in the the one in th kitchen/dining room (you don't know how I wish I had a spereate dining room!!!!!)

Got to bed so late last night. DH worked until 9. Then went to bed as he had to be up at 1:30 as he had to be at work at 2:15. DD was at a friends and got in at 1:30 - then needed to wait for her father to finish in the bathroom so she came and chatted. By the time he left at 2 and she got to bed and the arlarm rang at 5:30 I think I got about 3 to 3.5 hours of sleep. Not enough for me to do all this driving and cooking. I've doubled my coffee intake this morning.

Gotta run. I'm a little behind, but had to drink my first cup before while not cooking (I cooked some before I made it).

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning.......sure wish you could bottle that rain and send it down to us in very parched Florida! We are having a Chamber of Commerce weekend full of PERFECTLY gorgeous weather.....moderate temps/low humidity.

Hope everyone has a super weekend....whatever you do.
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates from a Sunny Side up, Full Moon, Hot Water City.
That Full Moon is really making the crazy people even crazier.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day. I am hoping that you folks in Florida get some rain sooooon. I am keeping updated on all the fires and sure pray they stay away from all of you.
bigjohn out.
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a miserable rainy Montreal. 2nd day in a row. MGram, if I could figure out how, I would gladly send some rain down to Florida, if you promise to send us some sunshine and warm temperature in return!

Jen, promise me you will slow down and SMELL that coffee this weekend, not just drink it!

Michael, I think your thermometer is stuck. It seems like every morning it reads 61!! Today it is 12C, which is about 53F, but it supposed to go to a high of 16, or about 61F just like Houston!

I had a very nice surprise last night. Hubby, son and I went out for dinner, as we often do on a Fri. night. I invited Delfthuis and her son to join us, because she's been cooped up recovering. Well, we had a rip roaring laugh up at dinner and enjoyed ourselves immensely. But the best part, was when our bills came, and our two sons picked up the tab and said "Happy Mother's Day!!" I was in shock that he even remembered!
That certainly made my day - and my week!

donna
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Cruisers and Cruisettes.

It's cold (at least for May) and rainy here in Minnesota. It's a "Hard Liquor and Handgun's Daycare" day for Grandma and Grandpa. Our daughter is doing a full day vaccine clinic today so we'll have the kids until late. With the weather it will be an inside day.

I hope everyone has a great day and to all the Mom's out there I hope tomorrow is a wonderful Mother's Day

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Admiral

Default Good Rainy Saturday Morning

No rain here in Socal. We've enjoyed some Chamber of Commerce Days as well.

Housework awaits me. Keith fixed a leaky frig yesterday, and it's chugging along just fine.

Have a good Saturday, all.

Judy
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

I decided to take a break from the housework and check my e-mails. So then, I figured, I may as well check out my 'mates! It's a bit cloudy out, but every so often, the sun peeks out. We are going to get some more rain later this afternoon, but I'm hoping it holds off tomorrow for our big shindig.

Well, it's time to go back to work.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
It's about 72ish, sunny and breezy here in Avon Park, FL. I've been up since shortly after 8AM and here I am 2 cups of coffee later, half the paper read and finished with conversations with Trevor concerning the falling through of his daughter's move to Arizona at the end of the month.

The derailment of the trip is too complicated to go in to, but I'm sure that daughter and son-in-law will have to spell out exactly what they want to do with an expensive house out there and a buyer candidate for their now fixed up mobile home in Lake Wales, waiting in the wings. That's the the surface discussion. Underlying issues are ingrained. No talk of separation or divorce at this point. Just some "real" talking needs to be done.

There's nothing big on tap for today. I've been trying to find a picture of the new Freedom of the Seas that my computer can handle.

Bye for now! Lynne
Kuki-I printed your article about cruise gambling for Trevor to read. He's a blackjack player!

Ruby Princess
Old May 13th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where the weather is nice and cool.

What a week I have had. Still working in the classroom of the teacher that is so very sick. It now feels like my classroom. My students It is easy to step into a classroom for the day, but to take over and start making decisions is a bit over whelming. All are good kids, but many do no realize that education is so important. Want to shake them and say"This is your life we are talking about, not mine"

I have a combination of Military kids, whose fathers and mothers are in Iraq, New Orleans kids, who are for once experiencing a real education, and at least one who has lost a parent in Iraq. Needless to say, our counselors are busy dealing with my classroom students.

I am most impressed with the N.O. kids. They for one do not ever want to go back. Their lives have completely changed. One told me that in N.O. mom collected money for welfare, and dad could not live in the home. Mom was sad not being with dad, and dad was also sad. They now live in one house, both parents have jobs, and as the child says "we had to stand on our own feet, because Texas makes you" Sounds like something a parent would say. All are progressing very well. When they came to Texas last summer, all were very far behind, but with lots of resources, and much love they are catching up.

Hubby has been gone 2 weeks now. I miss him so much. It would be nice to come home after a long day, and get a hug. I miss those hugs. If you are with your spouse today. Give them and extra hug for me.

Today, I am going to clean house and get ready to do this all for another week. Somewhere in the next two days I plan to do for myself. Maybe for a minute or two.

I have not been posting a morning thread because of lack of time, but I do come home at night, and try to keep up.

My best to all of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Like Pat said, it's a chamber of commerce day here in Florida.

Luanne and Jen, you both sound so busy. I'm glad you can find the time to post and keep up with this site. Just be sure you take a little time off for yourselves. :-)

It's Saturday so that means laundry, ironing etc. Doesn't sound too exciting, but maybe we'll get a walk in on the beach after dinner. I like the long days that we are having now.

Take care everyone and Happy Mothers Day to all you moms, and special thoughts to those who no longer have their mom around.

Phyll
Old May 13th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining in Calgary, but temps are a bit cool. Forecast high is low 60sF.

Good enough for me to go golfing though so that's what I'm doing.

Next week at this time I'll be flying to LA for Christening Ceremonies for the new NCL Pride of Hawaii, and a 2 night sailing on the new ship.

Just have to figure out how I'm going to eat in 10 restaurants in two nights.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 13th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Captain

hi everone i became a great aunt this moring my nice had here baby
at 7:30 this moring a little girl here name is ava every thing fine hope you all have a good day