CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Great News... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/314138-great-news.html)

UConn1 May 16th, 2006 08:25 PM

Great News...

I coudn't post until today, because a coworker SLei15, frequents the boards, but I was promoted to Manager at work. I have been working hard to get this position and was being mentored by the person who hired me. I found out on Thursday, but formal offer from HR didn't come until today - Though it became common knowledge yesterday.

Unfortunately for Scott (SLei15), this means much more work for him - we both do fixed asset accounting and share the workload, but now he has it all (until they hire someone to help). I am moving out of accounting and moving to Office Development which covers all of our corporate offices (Vegas, Seattle, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale) and all of our sales offices - too many to mention.

Scott, I know you can handle the workload, your technical skills are amazing (and I have told our bosses that) and I know you will move up quickly in the organization. Just hang in there like I did, and the opportunity will arise. I will still be working closely with you and know that you can handle anything that comes your way.

This news has trumped my excitement about my next cruise...but since I leave on Thursday, it doesn't really matter....

Thanks to all who have supported me, especially you, PapaBill, many things you said over the past couple of years gave me the encouragement I needed to keep up the work.

Lynne&Trevor May 16th, 2006 08:43 PM

That is terrific. I know that you'll do well, whatever position you have! You are a WINNER!! :)
Lynne

Trip May 16th, 2006 08:47 PM

A nice slap on the back..congrats!

CruisinK n J May 16th, 2006 11:20 PM

Great News

Wonderful news, Jodi. I'm sure you've worked hard, and now it's paying off for you. More money for more cruises, too! :) Congratulations!

Judy

Lisa May 17th, 2006 01:30 AM

Congratulations, Jodi!!!!

Cruznut2 May 17th, 2006 05:20 AM

You GO Girl!!!! Congratulations on your promotion.

Laura

MaryLou May 17th, 2006 06:02 AM

Jodi:
Congrats! I never had any doubt! All of your hard work is paying off!

Phyllbo May 17th, 2006 07:17 AM

Congratulations Jodi! I am so happy for you.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Phyll

LisaK May 17th, 2006 08:08 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Definately an occasion to toast with a glass of champagne on your upcoming cruise!

nolou525 May 17th, 2006 08:13 AM

Congratulations Jodi. Just proves that hard work pays off.

VTJen May 17th, 2006 08:17 AM

That is good news! Congratulations

LS80 May 17th, 2006 10:15 AM

Congrats Jodi.........if ya get to travel & get to Seattle......let us know......we'll do lunch.....dinner......we're only 30 minutes south.....

Sharon

Anne Campbell May 17th, 2006 11:30 AM

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you deserve this promotion!

skymaster May 17th, 2006 12:29 PM

I knew your superior performance would pay off. Congratulations on a job well done. You no doubt have earned this promotion!
Ken & Vita