CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   RCI and Celebrity are Returning to South Carolina??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/314139-rci-celebrity-returning-south-carolina.html)

Marc May 16th, 2006 08:37 PM

RCI and Celebrity are Returning to South Carolina???

CruiseMates news really screwed up in their reporting. Someone should tell them that Columbia is well inland. Cartagena is in Colombia, not Columbia which is the capital of South Carolina. Of course, they could have been talking about the District of Columbia which is on both the Potomac and Anacostia Rivers or Columbia University which is on the Hudson.

Angela Z. May 16th, 2006 09:31 PM

Marc,
Isn't Columbia the gem of the ocean? :wink:
Angela Z.

Marc May 16th, 2006 09:49 PM

Angela, true!

I wonder how they explain this one. :)

Marc May 17th, 2006 06:42 PM

I really do try to avoid bumping up my own posts but this time I truly am amazed.

I had assumed that everyone knows that Colombia is the name of the South American country, not Columbia. When this site misspelled the name on their home page, I thought they would correct it as soon as they were informed. Not only is it not fixed, but no one seems to care. What is this world coming to? Are we all so geographically challenged that we don't even know the names of nearby countries?

I guess I should have started out with an off colored joke; maybe then there would be responses.

Kuki May 17th, 2006 06:58 PM

Marc.. it may be possible that a lot of posters don't take a simple typo to be a huge earthshattering event.

And just maybe the person doing the programming is out of the office for a day.

I have no way of knowing, but the new announcement may have even come in from the cruise line with the typo, and it wasn't caught before it was copied and posted.

Did u e mail anyone with your concern, or do you think everyone working for the site should have to read every single post?

Honestly, I can't believe some of the stuff you want to fixate on. I think maybe you need a fu fu drink. Or would that be FOO FOO? :wink:

Marc May 17th, 2006 07:03 PM

Kuki, thanks for the humour. To me this isn't a typo; it is ignorance. You are right that I shouldn't use Chit Chat to try to bring attention to a problem on the home page; Chit Chat is for other purposes.

Y2C May 17th, 2006 08:44 PM

Marc,
When I read the return article and saw the city of Cartegena I knew where it was located no matter the spelling of Colombia, and the typo is insignificant.

Lombard May 18th, 2006 05:54 AM

One man's "typo" is another man's "it doesn't really matter"?

Marc May 19th, 2006 02:58 PM

I have been away a couple of days but am glad to see the "typo" is now fixed. As Colombia was misspelled three times between the headers and article, it would be a big coincidence for there to be three "typos."