Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning!

Good morning, friends! It is ANOTHER rainy day in the "Burgh". I can't believe how many days in a row we have had rain. ENOUGH!!!!!! The weekend looks promising. I feel bad for all of the May brides in the area.
I'm having computer problems at home which makes me crazy. I love my computer when it works, but when it doesn't....grrrrrrrrrrr! I believe it is a wireless router problem but won't know for sure until I try a different one!
I hope you all have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where we had a gentle rain for most of the day yesterday....not enough to help the deficit but every little bit helps.
Today will be an interesting one at work as my supervisor and I are going to St. Cloud to pick up 60 chickens that will be used for encephalitis surveillance. My job is to take blood samples every other week. Could be a long summer!
Angela Z.
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Looks like the rain has stopped for a while, but it's going to return. There is no sun in the forecast 'till next week. Ugh!

DW and I were looking at her calendar and it seem there is only one week in the next two months where she can take a vacation. I wonder if we can find a suitable cruise???? Maybe, just maybe....

Other than that, there is not much going on.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
We had lots of rain yesterday.
today is sunny and cooler, feels good to have the dust washed away.

Did anyone watch
Boston Legal last night?
Have a good day
Carole 8)
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning ML, Ed, Angela and the rest of you Cruisemates.

Ed, I hope you find that cruise.

Angela, that sounds like an interesting job you will be adding to your work load for the summer.

ML, hope you get the computer problems taken care of.

Have a good one everybody.

Phyll
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning! - its NOT raining here in Massachusetts!!- the sun is out , the birds are singing, i opened the windows and let the fresh air in AAHHH.
Our red-winged blackbird has returned as has our mating pair of cardinals.
The lawn looks like a hayfield and will need to be mowed probably twice.
Trip and Cheryl how are things in your end of our state?
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Lisa, I was going to type exactly what you did. What a glorious day. Too bad it won't last. Looks like rain for the weekend. I have a convention this weekend, so I'll be indoors anyway.

Red Sox won again so that makes even the rain tolerable.

My daughter needs to go back to the dermatologist to get her mole checked. After driving 25 minutes to the office, waiting forever in the waiting room, waiting 15 minutes in the exam room to see her, the doctor tells us that the microscope she likes to use is broken. Then ask if we can come back anytime next week. I wasn't very happy, especially since my daughter is very worried about it. On a happy note, her interview at the hospital for work this summer went great. She needs to go back on Thursday for a tour of the 4th floor (not sure what patients are on this floor) and set up a schedule.

My son loves his new job at the sporting goods store, especially since they replay the Red Sox games on NESN in the afternoons and the store has cable.

They both have summer school classes starting in 2 weeks so their summers are going to be quite busy.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It will still be very wet in northern Vermont today. How many days in a row can it rain? At least we don't have the flooding as other areas - but if we get much more we will be in the same situation. My friends daughter is in Wells, Maine - and it is very bad there.

Thank you for all the prayers for my son. He seems to be coming along - still very swollen and draining lots of gunk and in pain, but no complications.

Yesterday I didn't go to work either. I have just been exhausted. Feel a bit more like my old self today so will head to work in a minute or two.
Will have to do the whole week's work in one day as tomorrow I head to Burlington to have my upper braces put on, and exchange my upper jaw splint for a newly made lower jaw splint. This proceedure will aggrevate the jaw enough to put me back down for a few weeks. Today I get blood work done for my other health problem.

I never had a chance to tell you about my Mother's Day. It all went really well - hardly any left overs. Everyone was very pleasant and we all had a great time. My children bought me the first season of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on DVD. It is the first tv show they remember us sitting down as a family every week to watch together. I thought that was very sweet. They both wrote blurbs in the card - my 18 old son wrote "you're the bestest mommy in the world" and my dd told me I was the coolest mom ever.

DH is giving me a day and the spa and treatment of my choice. So many to choose from. It will be at the Topnotch in Stowe Vermont. I'm leaning toward something with aromatherapy, but there are so many I can't decide. With the treatment you get access to their pool, jacuzzi, sauna and lounging area for the whole day. You can check it out at topnotchresort.com. Let me know what treatment you would get. Now I just have to find time to book a day - right now it doesn't look like I'll have time until July.

Angela - I'm so afraid to be close to birds. You are very brave to do this. I love watching them, but they really freak me out if they come to close.

Ed - you guys really need a break - I hope you find that Cruise
ML - I can commisserate on the computer problems
Sue - sorry to hear about your dad, and that your middle d skipped school the other day. Will continue to pray
Nolou - hope your dd appointment goes well and all is ok. Congrats on your son. What about our Sox! Pretty awesome!
Kuki - hope Geela gets a good report from the Dr.

Hope you all have a great day,
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Passenger

Good morning fllow cruisers : )

Same report for MD. It's been rainy and cloudy and just down right blah!!! Yesterday we escaped rain but had chilly air......same today. We have rain forcasted for this afternoon though and it's suppose to rain for the next few days. I came home from our cruise last week so happy, but it has quickly turned to depression because of the weather. Can't seem to get myself motivated : ( Hoping the tides will turn soon or I'm gonna hafta book another cruise...ha ha ha ha ha !!!!
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Another happy Massachusetts camper here, the SUN is shining! Today will be my one work day this week since I will be on the Freedom Saturday....wahoooo!!!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 17th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Default VTJen-- Spa treatments,

what a lucky lady you are! you deserve it. Get a hot-stone massage. MY DH had one it really relieves tension and muscle tightness.
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where we are having our 6th straight day of rain. It's supposed to rain (with thunderstorms!) Wed. Thurs. and Fri., and for Sat. and Sun. it's "chance of showers"! I can't wait to get away on our cruise!!

Yesterday was a productive day. Had my mammogram (OUCH!), ran a bunch of errands, made a bunch of phone calls, and bought all the stuff I need for our bathroom mini-renovation. My handy-man friend from work came with his truck to pick it all up, delever it to my house, and he spent 7 hours removing all the old stuff, and installing a brand new counter, sink, taps, plumbing, and toilet. Itr looks great! Now the old pink bathtub looks yucky, and I will look into one of those "cover-up" tub and walls, because we can't rip out the tub and tiles and be without a bath for days!!

Off to work today....in the rain.....* sigh*

donna
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........third day of 85+ degree weather........can't get much better then that......

Y'all have a great Wednesday.........

Sharon
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Calgary is getting the same type of weather as Sharon in Washington state. Yesterday was the warmest May 16 in 135 years.
I remember two years ago, right around this date we had a severe snow storm. I like this WAY better!

Mrs. K got permission to travel, so if all goes well we'll be cruising on NCL Dawn June 10, with a few days in NY pre-cruise.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California where people are in their shorts and t-shirts, and we can finally have the windows open. I always enjoy early spring before the a/c needs to be used.

DH and I spent a lovely afternoon at the Pasadena Showcase House for the Arts yesterday. We walked through a 14,000-plus sq. ft. house on two acres, all beautifully restored and relandscaped. The house was built in 1928. I wish I knew who owned it now, to be able to afford such a large property in a prime Pasadena area. These events are all over the country. If you ever have an opportunity to attend one, I urge you to do so. Oh well, back to reality.

It's gym day for Keith and there's a pile of laundry awaiting me along with some errands.

Have a good hump day, CM's.

Judy
Old May 17th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon Mates...sunny and nice here in the Springs.
Got up this morning with my back out again, but I managed to make in to work.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and evening. We were so busy when I clocked in and it is just now starting to let up or maybe just a break.
It will be a busy weekend for us, if my back can get better. Our Oldest son is graduating from Medical School on Sat and lots of festivities on tap Fri and Fri night, along with all the graduating on Saturday. We sure are proud of him.
bigjohn out.