Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Admiral

Default Finally Friday

I didn't see another good morning thread - but am sure by the time I post this one will have already been started.

Off in a few minutes to bring my friend from India to meet his ride to the airport as he starts this last leg of his journey before he travels home.

These early morning departures are starting to get to me. DD had friends over last night as well as one was in town only for a couple of days for the whole summer - he leaves today - and it would be the only chance to see him. Everyone left about midnight. DH was on call and worked until 3 am. - So sleep was not so plentiful in our house. Hope I can stay awake on the road.

I need to drive a couple hours - into NH on the Maine border. Will meet a mutual friend who will bring him the rest of the way.
Which I guess will be nice.

Yesterday was long. Appt. went ok. Doc says unless I lessen my stress and get more sleep I will have to start physical therapy again for my jaw. This will not be an easy task, but I'll try.

After appt. brought my friend shopping for gifts for his family. Kohls was having 80 and 90 percent of clothing - so we were able to buy lots of jeans and stuff for his children. Then had to head to Wal-mart to buy extra suit cases. It took a long time to do all this chosing though.

Hope you all have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:29 AM
Admiral

Good morning Jen and those to follow. Overcast day but hopefully the sun will come out.

The windshield in my son's car is getting replaced at the house today so I hope the weather cooperates. My daughter was a bit disappointed yesterday. She didn't get the student nurse job at our local hospital. They gave it to someone who is a year ahead of her in nursing school which is understandable. Her disappointment quickly faded when her boyfriend showed up. He's home from school now and always makes her feel happy.

Red Sox won last night and Jonathan Papelbon got his 16th save.

Hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend.
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning

It's going to be a lovely long weekend in Detroit. I'm going to be on my boat enjoying the city. I hope all of you have a great Memorial weekend.

Carolin

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning all!!! Day off today and DW has a laundry list (one of the things on the list literally) of chores for me. Have to go renew my drivers licence today, practicing my best convict scowl .

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Jen and Cheryl and all CruiseMates to follow. Friday!! another work day for me. I work all weekend too. Jen, your post reminded me that we have not made plans to meet. Now that the good weather is here we could do it soon. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Aiden is coming over, today, so Mommy can go to work..Let the spoiling begin!!!

Have to work tomorrow, and then I can rest I hope all Cruisemates have a safe and happy holiday weekend..Don't eat too much!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 26th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Friday Morning!

Good Morning!

Kinda cloudy and rainy in Ohio...Oh well...the sun will come out tomorrow...I think that's a song...!

Last Friday we were in Princess Cays, Bahamas!

It was the best of days...just love watching the video and looking at our pictures!

Still looking for flowers for our landscaping! Hopefully I can make up my mind today! !

Old May 26th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone! Wish I weren't working today, but next week is only a three-day week!

Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old May 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Friends and Mates. It is sunny and hot for today. I hate mondays on Friday. I am only going to work today and Sat and taking Sunday off. That will give me a 3 day holiday with a Fish Fry on Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe day.
Admiral bigjohn out.
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates from the soggy edge of the Canadian Rockies. Rain forecast in Calgary all weekend, and temps in the 40sF. Feeling bad for my nephew and his fiance who are flying in tonight to spend the weekend with my folks.

Coming into a very busy week or so. Business partner is having appendectomy surgery next Tues., and Mrs K's Dr. appt. to come up with a plan for her surgery. Hoping both are well, and it works out for Mrs. K to leave for NY and our cruise the following week.

And still in the search for temporary staff to work during the Calgary Stampede. Would really like to have everyone in place before I leave the job market in Calgary is crazy at the moment... more jobs than people.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 26th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Default Finally Friday

Good Friday morning from a rainy Southern California.

No big holiday weekend plans for us. But we are thinking about a long weekend next month for our 33rd wedding anniversary.

Today is gym day for Keith and I plan to start the laundry. Boring, huh?

Stay safe if you venture out on the roads this weekend.

Judy
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Florida. I'm trying to get the last of the packing done so that we can head out early tomorrow morning for our journey back up to WI. I've got most of the hurricane shutters closed, and the place is looking pretty dark. It sure feels good to have those things.

Jake arrives tonight from Dallas, and I'll give him the job of fitting everything into the car. :-)

Kuki, hope and pray all goes well for Geela and your Co-worker and your search for employees.

Jen, I think I'm going to come up there and kidnap you, and take you away to a deserted island. Hope you really can take your doctors advise and get some rest.

Merry, I love the picture this morning. Thanks. Isn't it funny how you think in terms of last week when we were on the cruise we were.......?

Have a good one all and a safe holiday weekend.

Phyll
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Hello everybody!!! Houston is hot, hot, hot and humid. Sandra and I will be on our cruise in 16 days yipee!! Life is good . Back later..

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is hot and humid.

School is finally over, and I couldn't be happier. What a long year.

Now is the time to concentrate on our cruise. I have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel this morning, on line, trying to pick the best excursions. Up to this point I haven't had time to do it, much less think about anything else. Because of all the storms last year, we didn't get to do a lot of the things we planned, so I think we are going to swim with the Ray's, and the turtle farm. In Coz we are going to try and swim with the dolphins, at the park. They are due to come back to Coz on the 7th of July.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link