Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 26th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Default Northeast Has Worst Drivers

No surprise. Here is the story and link to test:

Quote:
Test scores are in: Northeast still has dumbest drivers
Insurance company exam indicates one in 11 drivers would fail state licensing exam.
May 26, 2006: 12:44 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - The tiny state of Rhode Island still ranks rock bottom in terms of driving knowledge, according to a national test conducted by GMAC Insurance. Oregon drivers answered the most questions correctly.

The test revealed that about one in 11 licensed drivers in the United States would fail a state drivers test, according to GMAC Insurance.

Rhode Island ranked last year, also, with an average score of 77. Last year, Oregon's average score was 89, which still placed at the top of the rankings that year.

Based on average scores, northwestern states generally ranked highest while the bottom-ranking states were mostly in the northeast. One exception was Vermont, which ranked third. Washington state drivers ranked second. Drivers in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia ranked at the bottom, with D.C. finishing just ahead of Rhode Island.
http://www.gmacinsurance.com/SafeDri...drivertest.asp

As I am not from the Northeast, I scored 95 on the test.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Sponsored Links
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You need a license to drive down south??

Move up here to Canada, where you can drive if you can reach the pedals, and don't need to know anything about anything.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 26th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Admiral

From my experience, the worst drivers are in Florida, but they probably came from the Northeast.
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Yeoman

Default Northeast has the worst drivers

TRUST ME, Marc is correct. Just retired from driving a van for Seniors (7 years). Had a guardian angel on each fender and still had close calls daily. Enough was enough. Now I take care of them in their homes, one by one by one.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Admiral

cruisinforever, seeing that you are from haverhill, reminded me of the few years I lived in Lowell. The Camaro was the favorite car of the Cambodian immigrants; only problem was that they didn't know about snow tires. It was always fun to watch them drive.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Northeast has the worst drivers

Heading out at 7 a.m. in a foot of snow with no plows in sight was always fun. New rules around here: plows head out AFTER it stops snowing! Oh, how I love Spring and an occasional cruise.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old May 26th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Passenger

That's why the smart cookies take the "T" 8)
Old May 26th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Admiral

Vermont only scores so high because we have so few people that the roads are for the most part deserted. There is never any traffic.
Old May 26th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Any NH native will tell you that the worst drivers are from Massachusetts. When I first moved here from MA it used to make me mad but I just don't listen anymore.

Laura