Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker
Default Another cruise ship death

Carnival Legend heading back to New York from Totola said a man jumped overboard after have a fight with his wife at 1:00 am Saturday.

So sad
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Admiral

Hi
We will be on the Carnival Legend in November!
While the event is sad, it's also selfish! Look at the extra time, manpower and money it took to search for him, not to mention the pain the family is enduring having to have it endlessly repeated on all the news shows! Unless they had the option to fly back to New York as a goodwill measure by the Carnival, the wife and family are reliving the event for themselves while sailing back to port. It would be nice if they could switch cabins.

In the man's defense, that was a very impulsive move and if he'd had the chance to think about it, he might not have done it. But, it was too late for thinking, "this is a bad idea."

Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old May 29th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Admiral

There was also a jumper last week on the Inspiration. If this keeps up, Carnival is going to get a reputation as the party boats.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old May 29th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This was a coment from a passenger about the incident..Does this make any sense to you? I thought it an odd thing to say..

"Even though he decided to do that, it was still upsetting for his family and everybody else on board," guest Linda Monterzino said.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Admiral

I sounded really hard hearted in my first response, but I'm really a jelly donut---soft inside. I guess I just haven't been in as desperate a situation as this fellow thought he was in. It had to be impulse. What would compell a person to jump off a ship? Even that kid who fell or jumped off last week had to have known it wasn't really survivable. The first young man had been drinking heavily. Would a fight that was perhaps spontaneous, or at the very least have just started that evening drive him over the edge? Was this his only way out of a horrendous situation for him?

No, it doesn't make sense to me--but--it wasn't me. But the family is going to have to live with it forever. That's the sad part.

Lynne

Ruby Princess