CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Don't start this when retired (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/314975-dont-start-when-retired.html)

Y2C June 2nd, 2006 04:51 AM

Don't start this when retired

Now that I've been put out to pasture decided to tackle those projects that consume a lot of time, the garage.
Holy cow, and I thought I was an organized individual. You can't believe the crud one accumulates over the years. I have unearthed items that I have felt disappeared forever, and it is junk.
It will take me to December to organize this garage. One favorable item is that I can reconstitute items for birthdays and Christmas gifts, daughter and wife won't remember .. hee , hee.

I really should have started with my sock drawer, would have been a lot easier.

Always be positive, never negative.
Have a great Friday everyone.

MaryLou June 2nd, 2006 06:10 AM

Steve: When you are through there, how about a trip to Pittsburgh to help me out?

Lombard June 2nd, 2006 06:27 AM

E Bay?????

nolou525 June 2nd, 2006 07:33 AM

After you help out Marylou, I have a basement that could use some work. Unfortunately I'm married to Massachusett's biggest pack rat.

Maymoona June 2nd, 2006 11:09 AM

I am only 32, and you should see all of the crap I have already accumulated. It's embarassing. It's on my list of things to do, (de-cluttering) but there never seems to be time. =) I feel your pain.

CruisinK n J June 2nd, 2006 11:19 AM

Don't Start This When Retired

Keith caught the same clean-up bug. One night, he dreamed that his nephew in Ohio came out and cleaned one of the storage closets in the carport. A few days later, Keith made it a reality. He tackled another one the other day, and his bod complained. Anybody need a couple of bicyles?

Judy

Phyllbo June 2nd, 2006 12:08 PM

Someone's got to help you find a job fast, Steve!!!!! You're going to pull something or strain something with all this hard manual labor you are doing. :-) I've got all of my fingers and my toes crossed for you.

Phyll

LS80 June 2nd, 2006 12:14 PM

Steve........know the feeling......I've been cleaning things around here....you know the famous drawer that grows........no one knows you've done it but you.........

Like the others said......don't do too much......don't hurt yourself.....

Sharon

cruisinforever June 2nd, 2006 10:28 PM

Don't start this when retired

Remember: George Carlin said we collect stuff. Things that we will never use again, but maybe...I would love to get organized, but since retiring I don't have time!

Betty

crabbie1 June 3rd, 2006 08:48 AM

Don't Start This When Retired

My DW retired earlier this year and started to go through, sort, and get rid of the excess "baggage" we have accumulated in the 27 yrs, in this house. She DID manage to do some of the above, but has now REFILLED all the nooks and cranies with MORE "saveable and useful" stuff.

One step forward, two steps back !!!!!!!!!