Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dina
I'm sure he will report on the pieces of the cruise that he can remember.

Rescuedad - Please don't take big signs with you rating your fellow passengers... WalMart Not Walmart .. You will find out exactly how far it is from the Lido deck to the water surface. We want to hear your review.
Signs!!!! Dina your a genius! I can't believe I didn't think about that! That is not like me. Although the difference between Walmart and non Walmart people is very evident at first glance!

Elaine=Walmart!!! But your taking a limo to the pier! Walmart people don't do that. I'm so confused now! But, you are taking your entire family,friends and Maw and Paw with ya! That is kind of redneckish! Did you marry into this dilemma? You said you were from Brooklyn! Ohhh I had such faith. I'm in a quandry now!
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:11 PM
Yeoman

[
Quote:
REDZONE, your new to this thread, so be aware of the immortal words of John Rambo "I'll give you a war you won't believe" and understand what your getting yourself into here!
Hey Rescue I think I know who John Rambo is , I saw That movie on the oldies channel. Was I suppose to be intimidated? Sorry I wasn't , I refuse to be intimidated by your words or the sound of your gums smacking. They do sell POLIGRIP at WALMART . Remember "employee discount". "Another reminder" when you arive at the airport , Airport hospitality will be happy to give you a lift to your Concourse .We would not want you to be overexerted before your big trip. In fact carnival will even push you in a wheelchair to your cabin. So you wont fall asleep before first dinner seating. I am happy to say that you would make a good spokesperson for walmart, slowly but surely your attitude has become more genuine and I can sense a strong future with you and Walmart. Does anyone else agree? I have done some research for you rescue.Click link for Walmart career http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=131479 Also with your age and all. http://www.seniorcitizensguide.com/

Happy Birthday Dina

Victory 12/2004
Triumph 10/2005
Victory 06/2006
CELEBRATION 12/2006
SENSATION 01/2007
Liberty 05/2007
Victory 10/ 2007
Spirit 12/2007
Imagination 5/2008

Miracle 12/2008 PLATINUM (Aft Suite)
Back 2 Back
Imagination 12/2008
Old June 30th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Yeoman

Rescue I almost forgot,"They have bingo on board "I bet that makes your day. 8)

Victory 12/2004
Triumph 10/2005
Victory 06/2006
CELEBRATION 12/2006
SENSATION 01/2007
Liberty 05/2007
Victory 10/ 2007
Spirit 12/2007
Imagination 5/2008

Back 2 Back
Imagination 12/2008
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuedad
Signs!!!! Dina your a genius! I can't believe I didn't think about that! That is not like me. Although the difference between Walmart and non Walmart people is very evident at first glance!

Elaine=Walmart!!! But your taking a limo to the pier! Walmart people don't do that. I'm so confused now! But, you are taking your entire family,friends and Maw and Paw with ya! That is kind of redneckish! Did you marry into this dilemma? You said you were from Brooklyn! Ohhh I had such faith. I'm in a quandry now!
I believe I've created a monster.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Yeoman

I think everyone has rescuedad's #.........I only wish I were on this cruise.....sounds like it's going to be a riot.
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:26 AM
Admiral

If they had popcorn on board, I'd pull up a deck chair and enjoy the show.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
You spent all of your wife's hard earned stash when you went to Walmart... which, by the way, is based in Arkansas, so it is the capital of the hillbillies.
Hey, Michael, I resemble that remark! I live in Arkansas and I'm not a "hillbillie"; I just don't like to wear shoes !(BTW, my dear Father sold paper products to "Mr. Sam" when he owned a chain of Ben Franklin stores in Arkansas!)

Thanks, Dina for the receipts ! I'd lost mine and was desperate!

I agree with criscomia, I wish we were going on this cruise! It would be a "hoot"!

rescuedad, only 9 days left!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Admiral

REDZONE

Obviously more education is needed if you plan on competing with me on this thread. Your posts must be relevant otherwise they have no merit. saying i'm old and in need of wheelchairs and poligrip when i'm only 43 will not put criscomia on the floor laughing. I am not taking a plane to the port! again not relevant. I give you credit for trying though for......oh wait a minute! I see now your from virginia! well there you go, no education. I understand now! Virginia thats worse than Texas and thought that was impossible! Walmart is like the Bloomingdale's of Virginia! and speaking of poligrip! in virginia how do stores keep it in stock? everyone knows to a Virginian having real teeth is frowned upon! are Virginians like mutants that when there baby teeth fall out nothing grows back!! But i can understand where your anger comes from it seems to be common among you suthanas....... You lost the war get over it! Keep your daggers coming if you need to. I got 9 more days or rounds left in me! Criscomia get up off the floor now!
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehawk
You spent all of your wife's hard earned stash when you went to Walmart... which, by the way, is based in Arkansas, so it is the capital of the hillbillies.
Hey, Michael, I resemble that remark! I live in Arkansas and I'm not a "hillbillie"; I just don't like to wear shoes !(BTW, my dear Father sold paper products to "Mr. Sam" when he owned a chain of Ben Franklin stores in Arkansas!)

Thanks, Dina for the receipts ! I'd lost mine and was desperate!

I agree with criscomia, I wish we were going on this cruise! It would be a "hoot"!

rescuedad, only 9 days left!

Ohh god this gets better and better and easier and easier

Arkansas=not a hillbillie??? ok ok I'll let this one go for now but I have one question. If they are not in Arkansas where are they? HAHAHAHAHA I know there in Virginia!!!

I have to ask...what receipts are you so desperate for? Please tell me!

Dina's Birthday!! How about a picture of you in your birthday suit!
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Admiral

I'm enjoying this thread.
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
I'm enjoying this thread.
Will, Will, slow down, don't throw all of you humor and personality into one post like that, you must be tired after that post. That post is like being a peeping tom looking at us through a hole. come in and join the fun. Besides I need the posts for more material. BTW peeping is ok if your looking at dina in her birthday suit though!
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:30 PM
Admiral

Nah... you are the man...you have ALL these women to your self.
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I feel totally left out. He started insulting me long ago, and then all of you got his attention, and now he never talks to me anymore.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:34 PM
Yeoman

Rescue, I understand if you are upset. Nobody in Va. has raised a white flag. But if have offended you I do sincerly apologize as a matter of fact I am pushing the Big 40. I am glad to hear you help in your community. I myself train the instructors that train firefighters and emt's here.Hope you have a great cruise and Keep up the good work.

Victory 12/2004
Triumph 10/2005
Victory 06/2006
CELEBRATION 12/2006
SENSATION 01/2007
Liberty 05/2007
Victory 10/ 2007
Spirit 12/2007
Imagination 5/2008

Back 2 Back
Imagination 12/2008
Old June 30th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDZONE
Rescue, I understand if you are upset. Nobody in Va. has raised a white flag. But if have offended you I do sincerly apologize as a matter of fact I am pushing the Big 40. I am glad to hear you help in your community. I myself train the instructors that train firefighters and emt's here.Hope you have a great cruise and Keep up the good work.
No reason for an apology! I welcome the banter. It is a fun release and in doing so have met some fun people with what is know in my circles as fire dept humor. It's the kind that is thick skinned, one that can give as well as take and should never be or be taken personally. I often say when people say "don't you worry what people think of you?" (Which is usually my wife) My only answer is "I only care what 3 people in the world think of me" and they are all in their beds right now!

That being said, my bipolar friend ( I say that because your 2 posts are polar opposites), Your approaching 40! and you make fun of me? Let me tell you something young man I still get carded sometimes buying beer in the store, usually by people as old as Luanne! people her age still think i'm a kid! so it makes me feel good.

And!!!! again I AM NOT AN EMT!! :evil: if you teach people who teach people that teach FF than you should know the educational difference between that and a Paramedic AND I am an ER and ICU nurse on the side!
And I know the kind of people you teach, believe me! No rocket scientists coming out of that group! Those people are 1 step away from working in Walmart!
Old July 1st, 2006, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

I dont know what i am going to do for entertainment once rescuedad and luanne go on their ships.... i was thinking we should start a collection and get them internet access while onboard, but had to give up on the idea out of fear of the spouses sending a hit man after me!!! enjoy your trips!!
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old July 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Hawk, You could start your own entertainment while we are gone. All you have to do is find someone who is being very helpful, and make fun of them and make them feel unloved.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old July 1st, 2006, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
Hawk, You could start your own entertainment while we are gone. All you have to do is find someone who is being very helpful, and make fun of them and make them feel unloved.

Luanne
You call advising me to go to Walmart help? who would do that to someone on purpose? Telling me to buy Slacks!! what am I 90yo? You know how they are now selling prewashed jeans and such at high end stores? well I hear Walmart is selling faux broken in slacks... they come with fake dribbled urine stains on the front and are sold with free tan orthopedic shoes with straps instead of laces. my god... slacks...geez. And then you tell me to get fake Polo shirts. the reason the polo guy is there is to let everyone know your not a cheapskate As soon as people don't see it on your shirt they are like Ohh he must shop at Walmart.

Luanne even though you have been held captive by this board and feel used and unloved and remain compelled to continue to post here I can only come to one conclusion... you have fallen in love with your captor... it's very common you know, don't feel bad! you will be released in 9 days!
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Luanne , say it's not so!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:10 PM
Passenger

My very first cruise isn't until December!! Don't you know my friends and family, even dh are tired of hearing about it and another 5 months to go! Just finished up buying nearly all of my new clothes since by December it will be hard to find summery things. Guess I'll just hang them in the closet and go look at them every so often to remind me that I really do get to go on a real cruise! Don't think my day will ever get here -just like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid! Marcia
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanacres
My very first cruise isn't until December!! Don't you know my friends and family, even dh are tired of hearing about it and another 5 months to go! Just finished up buying nearly all of my new clothes since by December it will be hard to find summery things. Guess I'll just hang them in the closet and go look at them every so often to remind me that I really do get to go on a real cruise! Don't think my day will ever get here -just like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid! Marcia
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia (couldn't resist lol) Everyone is tired of hearing it?? Well let me answer for everyone BUT me! ( say this in a whiney voice) Ohh congratulations/ It'll go by quick/ I remember my wait for my first cruise/ Ohh talk to us we love to hear about it/ keep staring at your clothes and dream it'll get your mind away from the rest of lifes troubles for a moment/ask us anything we'd love to give advice blah blah blah!
there I saved you from having to read 10 posts.

Here's what I say"build it and they will come" I continue to rant about my cruise to people. 2 of which have gotten so sick of hearing about it they are now cruising also! 1 with me and another booked a later cruise! so keep bugging people you never know, a few may wind up joining you!
Old July 1st, 2006, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Rescuse, I have to admit, that yes I did tell you to go to Wal Mart for the fishing thingy. I am guilty. But, someone else told you to buy slacks, because I hate that word, so I would have never used it. I would have told you to buy Dockers.

It is tuff sometimes to recommend places to shop, because you don't know who you are dealing with, and you don't know how long they have been off their medication.

I have in a way become attracted to you. I have gone from thinking you were a told jerk, to thinking you make good sense.

I appreciated the chance to "View your web cam" last night, and ladies, he is a stud. Sort of a cross between Brad Pitt, and Bozo the clown.

I must admit, that the lack of clothing on your part, was a bit of a
surprise. I am afraid I was not watching in my rear view mirror, so things did not appear larger than they seem.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old July 1st, 2006, 06:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
The "receipts" Dina posted for Roasted Sassafras Possum and Coon Hound Possum Gravy! I'd lost mine and there's a possum just outside my door that needs eatin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne
I am afraid I was not watching in my rear view mirror, so things did not appear larger than they seem.
Nice shot, Luanne!

Sea Princess 2014
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
The "receipts" Dina posted for Roasted Sassafras Possum and Coon Hound Possum Gravy! I'd lost mine and there's a possum just outside my door that needs eatin' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne
I am afraid I was not watching in my rear view mirror, so things did not appear larger than they seem.
Nice shot, Luanne!
"receipts"?? ohh Fern I didn't realize we were supposed to pay Dina since she posted them in an open forum!!...Oh wait did you mean to say ....recipes??? How was the ride to school everyday on that little yellow bus???
Old July 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Rescuse, I have to admit, that yes I did tell you to go to Wal Mart for the fishing thingy. I am guilty. But, someone else told you to buy slacks, because I hate that word, so I would have never used it. I would have told you to buy Dockers.

It is tuff sometimes to recommend places to shop, because you don't know who you are dealing with, and you don't know how long they have been off their medication.

I have in a way become attracted to you. I have gone from thinking you were a told jerk, to thinking you make good sense.

I appreciated the chance to "View your web cam" last night, and ladies, he is a stud. Sort of a cross between Brad Pitt, and Bozo the clown.

I must admit, that the lack of clothing on your part, was a bit of a
surprise. I am afraid I was not watching in my rear view mirror, so things did not appear larger than they seem.

Luanne
Ok people let's start hitting the spell check here!!

You mean I look like Brad Pitt and have the humor of Bozo the clown? How nice of you! Good thing you weren't looking in the rear view mirror you would have thought Godzilla was chasing you!!
Old July 3rd, 2006, 01:15 PM
Yeoman

Rescuedad, Fern, Luanne........please don't forget us after you have gone on your cruise and when you come back. We poor souls will need to keep chatting until our cruise leaves.
Just for you "rescuedad"..........308 days left.
Plus, I'm sure all of us can't wait to read your reviews. I'm sure there will be plenty of humor in them to keep me laughing on the floor.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Admiral

I am planning on taking my lap Top, so I will be able to give you the impression that you are with us. I would love to take all of you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old July 3rd, 2006, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I am planning on taking my lap Top, so I will be able to give you the impression that you are with us. I would love to take all of you.

Luanne
Your bringing your laptop? You said your hubby is going away for quite some time. my guess is he'll be keeping you busy between the sheets! When are you going to have time to go on CM?
Old July 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
"receipts"?? ohh Fern I didn't realize we were supposed to pay Dina since she posted them in an open forum!!...Oh wait did you mean to say ....recipes??? How was the ride to school everyday on that little yellow bus???
I said receipts, and I meant receipts ! Apparently, its an older "Southern" thing!

From Merriam Webster:

"Main Entry:1re•ceipt
Pronunciation: ri-'sEt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English receite, from Old North French, from Medieval Latin recepta, probably from Latin, neuter plural of receptus, past participle of recipere to receive
1 : RECIPE
2 a obsolete : RECEPTACLE b archaic : a revenue office
3 : the act or process of receiving
4 : something received -- usually used in plural
5 : a writing acknowledging the receiving of goods or money "

I walked to school (and carried my lunch ), then, when I was 16, I drove to school! We lived in town! The only people who rode the bus lived waaaay out of town ! (I think I'm giving away my age here . )

(BTW, I don't think even our Luanne could spend THAT much time in the cabin! She might find a few minutes to send us a post!)

Sea Princess 2014
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:28 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
I said receipts, and I meant receipts ! Apparently, its an older "Southern" thing!

From Merriam Webster:

"Main Entry:1re•ceipt
Pronunciation: ri-'sEt
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English receite, from Old North French, from Medieval Latin recepta, probably from Latin, neuter plural of receptus, past
participle of recipere to receive
1 : RECIPE
2 a obsolete : RECEPTACLE b archaic : a revenue office
3 : the act or process of receiving
4 : something received -- usually used in plural
5 : a writing acknowledging the receiving of goods or money "

I walked to school (and carried my lunch ), then, when I was 16, I drove to school! We lived in town! The only people who rode the bus lived waaaay out of town ! (I think I'm giving away my age here . )

(BTW, I don't think even our Luanne could spend THAT much time in the cabin! She might find a few minutes to send us a post!)
Fern, was this back when you said your dad worked for Ben Franklin( I knew i'd get to use that one sooner or later) who was on your lunch box Betsy Ross? Riding a horse and buggy does not count as driving in my book!! Anyone can stay in their cabin when they are tied to their bed!!
Closed Thread