CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   A Very Sad, Sad Day Indeed (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/316332-very-sad-sad-day-indeed.html)

Cruise Cynic June 28th, 2006 01:29 AM

A Very Sad, Sad Day Indeed

CNN and CTV National News here in Canada took 30 seconds or so of my valuable news time, for which I count on them to bring me the urgent global stories that matter most to me, to inform me with the appropriate grave tone:

The dog from Frasier has died!!!!!!!!!

Ho-ly Mackerel.

OMG..... can you imagine the crushing blow this loss means to celebrity canines worldwide. Lassie is spinning in her grave.....

The world will never be the same. I am just devastated...I tell you.... I don't know how I can go on in this life.

(I guess if you ask no questions about WMD, this certainly counts as a responsible journalistic piece nowadays. USA>>> you are getting sleepy.... very sleepy.....)

steph_texas June 28th, 2006 01:56 AM

poor Eddie.... he is probably romping thru the felds like a young pup in Heaven now.... he had a good life & made many people happy.

AR June 28th, 2006 06:46 AM

You're right. Why should the media waste valuable time on dead dogs when they could be using it productively on Rush Limbaugh's latest pharmaceutical hijinks.

I wonder if there are any lawyers out there who can advise us whether Rush's recent adventure will cause him to be officially labeled a hardened criminal.

mehawk June 28th, 2006 07:30 AM

AR, had to work "hard" to get that joke eh? LOL

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2006 07:50 AM

Poor Eddie, I guess his body is stiff by now. Oh hey, the two stories are related. LOL

Luanne

Sailing gal June 28th, 2006 07:51 AM

My Mom is a member of the armchair ,CNN watching politicians of America club. She keeps me updated on the latest. She is also a member of the backseat driver's club. :)

Karen

mehawk June 28th, 2006 08:31 AM

Way to go Luanne :roll:

DougR. June 28th, 2006 08:40 AM

Rush's excuse for not having his name on the ****** label was rather limp in my opinion. Maybe he will get a stiff sentence. :wink:

Eaky77 June 28th, 2006 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR.
Rush's excuse for not having his name on the ****** label was rather limp in my opinion. Maybe he will get a stiff sentence. :wink:

LMAO!!!!!

Cruznut2 June 28th, 2006 09:29 AM

You guys are waaaaay too funny. Did you get a "rush" out of all that?? lol

Laura

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2006 09:40 AM

I don't know about you guys, but I would say that if Rush is caught with his pants down one more time, he is going to be a dead dog.

Luanne LOL

Kuki June 28th, 2006 10:00 AM

Just further proof that media news coverage is "going to the dogs".

At least the Limbaugh story is "hard" news.

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2006 10:04 AM

Frazier is on TV right now. Can't concentrate because I keep thinking of Rush, and well you know. I guess it could be worse. It could be Eddie that needs the prescription. LOL

Luanne

Paul B June 28th, 2006 11:06 AM

Not Eddie. He is already stiff!

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2006 11:13 AM

If only Rush was as lucky! LOL

DougR. June 28th, 2006 11:20 AM

Keith Olbermann of MSNBC on speculation that Rush had a good time in the Dominican Republic:

****** comes in bottles of 30 pills, there were 29 left, so indications are he had A good time. :wink:

Luanne Russo June 28th, 2006 11:23 AM

Doug, He probably dropped that one trying to get the bottle open. LOL

Mike M June 28th, 2006 11:36 AM

First he was caught with all that oxycontin. He said it was because his "back" was sore. :wink:

Take care,
Mike

LisaK June 28th, 2006 11:49 AM

my my aren't we all just so witty today

DougR. June 28th, 2006 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK
my my aren't we all just so witty today

In my case, sometimes that is only half true. :wink:

Fruitcake June 28th, 2006 05:05 PM

This is the funniest thread I have read on this site.
LOL

Guess Rush didn't get so lucky on his trip to the Dominican Republic ...

cruisinforever June 28th, 2006 08:04 PM

A very sad, sad day

Had a friend at work who listened to Rush everyday. I told him his brain was fried; little did I know ole Rush was such a swinger!

Betty

Cruise Cynic June 28th, 2006 09:34 PM

Re: A very sad, sad day

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisinforever
little did I know ole Rush was such a swinger!

Well, he's a "swinger" for about an hour or two. I have scary thoughts about just who would sleep with the guy. Maybe he needs the pills for solitary swinging....

He's no doubt happy the dead mutt's getting more coverage than he is right now....

belgique June 29th, 2006 12:22 AM

This, on top of the earth-shattering news that Starr Jones has left "The View" and the lovely Rosie O'Donnell is replacing her. I can't cope.

Oh, the humanity!

Cruise Cynic June 29th, 2006 01:20 AM

One trivial mutt upstaging another now, to be replaced by yet one more........ when will it end?

I hope Britney has another kid.

Y2C June 29th, 2006 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR
You're right. Why should the media waste valuable time on dead dogs when they could be using it productively on Rush Limbaugh's latest pharmaceutical hijinks.

I wonder if there are any lawyers out there who can advise us whether Rush's recent adventure will cause him to be officially labeled a hardened criminal.

AR, glad to see you back and posting again.

Steve

Cruise Cynic June 29th, 2006 04:32 AM

We now interrupt our regularly-scheduled programming to bring you 24-hour uninterrupted coverage of this breaking news story......

(Live footage via CNN news helicopter over Interstate 10)

"Star Jones! Star Jones! This is the California Highway Patrol! Stop your white Blazer immediately and surrender to the authorities! You have nowhere to run!"

More developments as they arise.....

Fruitcake June 29th, 2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cruise Cynic
I hope Britney has another kid.

I heard she posed nekkid for a magazine cover ...
I think it was Vanity Fair.
Or maybe it was Field & Stream?

Cruise Cynic June 29th, 2006 01:14 PM

Modern Parent magazine?

Desdemona01 June 29th, 2006 02:58 PM

Harper's Bizarre :wink: