CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   good walking shoes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/317108-good-walking-shoes.html)

Sailing gal July 13th, 2006 04:12 AM

good walking shoes

Hi,
I would suggest investing in a good pair of walking shoes for travel and a pair that is broken in. My boss bought two expensive pairs of walking shoes and she can not wear them. I know Italians do not wear sneakers and socks but I am going to buy myself a pair of scarpi di gymnastica-well something like that -which is sneakers.
I have to wear socks with my sandals because my feet are swollen and blistery. Yes, gross!!!!
Any ideas on a good pair of walking sandals? I am clueless when I look in the shops here. Do any of you know a good and comfortable Italian brand?
Thanks,
Karen

CruisinK n J July 13th, 2006 10:53 AM

Good Walking Shoes

I have to get new walking shoes, too. I have foot problems, partly because of bunions, partly because of diabetes. My shoe "savior" is New Balance. Don't know what I'd do with out 'em. We have a free standing New Balance store in Santa Monica (about an 1-1/2 hr. away), but worth the trip. Hope that suggestion helps.

Judy

LisaK July 13th, 2006 11:40 AM

i don't know of any Italian brand walking sandal or shoe. I have had very good luck with the Propet brand for walking shoes. Easy Spirit also makes a very good walking shoe.
As for a walking sandal you would probably be best with a pair of Teva or something along those lines. (mine are LL Bean)

belgique July 14th, 2006 12:45 AM

Try Merrel sandals - not cheap but very comfortable.

Lisa July 14th, 2006 01:41 AM

I have had good luck with Wolky Sandals....from the Netherlands....VERY expensive but well worth the money for me!

reipan40 July 14th, 2006 08:19 AM

Josef Seibel are great! They are pricy though. They have nice walking sandals and have become more stylish. There is a store here in Houston called BRucettes and last Saturday they had sandals at 50% ! Needless to say....

Sometimes Nordstrom's has great shoe sales so you may want to check out their website and Zappos.com When I was in Great Britian mosst of the time I wore a pair of Cole Haan Mules with the Nike heel. They were very comfortable. They also sneakerz that is quite fashionable.

rollerdonna July 14th, 2006 08:34 AM

Well, believe it or not, I got my most comfortable pair of walking sandals at WAL MART!! They are the Earth Shoe brand, nice leather and laced uppers, a wonderfully cushy foot, and soles that look like the treads on truck tires.
Not pretty, but very comfortable. I wore them when I broke my toe and needed support, but open-ness at the same time!

donna

Sailing gal July 14th, 2006 11:21 AM

I went to an Amercanized looking sneaker place and bought the first pair of walking sneakers I could find. My feet are in heaven. Three pairs of socks were 13 euro's but I wanted to put them on right away and get the horrible sandals into the box. The pain is gone already. I was really starting to think I would need a doctor and it was infected.

Karen

Phyllbo July 14th, 2006 02:34 PM

Glad you found something. I was going to suggest the Merrel sandals too.

Phyll

susancruzs July 14th, 2006 07:34 PM

I have the Earth Shoe sandals, too, Donna and they are great. Very clunky looking but comfortable.

I got mine at a Goodwill Store, they still had the WalMart tag on them, apparently someone didn't like them after they got them home!