Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2006, 04:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

It looks like I'll start off the day.

It's 3:19 a.m. and I can't sleep. I have no idea why and that's rare for me.

At 8:00 a.m. the plumber is arriving with a brand new water heater. Maybe I'm so excited that I can't fall asleep. After seventeen years the old one just doesn't put out enough and I'm going with one that is more efficient.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mike and all the CM's to follow. Mikey, I can imagine the excitement you are feeling. I had to purchase a new refrigerator to replace my 18 year old one...it will be delivered on Friday and the anticipation is just too much to bear.... I hope you finally fell asleep and had a restful night.
It is going to be the hotest day of the year in the "Burgh". The heat index will be in the low 100's. Oh my! I hope you all stay cool and have a great day.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mike, Mary Lou and all of the other friends to come on today! Houston has 79F already on the way to a clear and HOT day. DF and I are getting close to double digits on our next cruise . Time to move on to work sooo... have a great day everyone.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Admiral

Good Morning!!!! Going to be tropical hot in NYC and NJ today. Only working until Wednesday and then.....WE SAIL ON SATURDAY!!!!

Marj just about has us packed already. Can you tell she is excited too?

Everyone have a great day!!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where there is a high heat and humidity warning out already. Like ML, it could hit the low 100's with the humidity index.
Yesterday when I visited my uncle in Ontario, it was 102 in his backyard, but we were in the pool! Spent the morning in my girlfriend's pool, and the afternoon in my uncle's. It was the only place to be!

Mike, nice to see you posting good morning, even if it was the middle of the night. I should've gotten up and joined you online, I couldn't sleep either, and I'm not even awaiting delivery of an appliance!

I am up extra early though, as I'm doing an earlier shift all week to help cover vacationing co-workers. 9-5, never done that before. Getting up early is going to kill me, but getting home earlier will be a nice treat!

donna
Old July 17th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where the radio says it's already 81...ugh....oh well...we're sort of used to it. I'd rather spend the day floating in the pool than going to work but we know that's not going to happen.
My friend goes home today. It was fun having her around and hope she comes back soon.
Angela Z.
Old July 17th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Looks like the global warming is hitting the northeast. It's going to be in the mid 90's here too. Last night, the new A/C we got for my mother started making really bad noises. So today, we'll have to take it back to the store and get a new one. What a pain!

We had fun at our choir picnic yesterday. Looks like we are getting too old for the volleyball game, but we attacked the pool with fervor. (Not to mention the "bring a dish" dinner.)

Try to stay cool, and have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Triple H's continue to visit. It is already pretty warm, and my asthma has started to bother me so breathing is a little laborious. Will try and get everything done early so I can be in the pool. A friend might come and float around with me. I'll be making some lemonade I think. I have lots of watermelon on hand - it is the only thing I feel like eating right now.

We enjoyed the concert last night that the Youth Group's band put on at the local kids camp. DS is the lead singer and played rythym guitar, 4 of the girls sing backup, also had a lead guitar, bass and drummer. They played about an hour. Guess they have to play again next Sunday night at church. Two in the group are heading to college so they will be breaking up soon and want to play as much as possible before this happens.

Asked my son what he would like for supper tonight since he and dd will be leaving for college in a month - he decided he wanted chili and cornbread. Yikes, a pretty heavy meal for this weather. Good news is that I will throw it all in my crockpot, but still...

Mike - hope that the heater comes early so you can enjoy it plenty before bedtime tonight
Old July 17th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Morning!

Hot and sunny here in Ohio all week....in the 90's! I'm ready for Fall!

Doug and Marj, you're gonna love the Caribbean Princess...Can I come along? ! Say hello to Bert for me! I keep the live cam on my desktop so I can see where she's sailing every week...would love to be looking forward to the Islands again. Have you been on an Eastern Caribbean before?

Princess Cays, Bahamas

Old July 17th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady

Good Morning CMs,
H&H in SE Florida also. Guess summer has really hit us all!
Doug, Have a wonderful cruise and take care of Caribbean Princess for us. We'll be on her Sept. 2nd! 48 days and counting......
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna

Happy Monday!
Greetings from very humid and hot Tampa. Hope everyone has a great week and may the upgrade fairy sprinkle lots of suite and balcony dust all over you
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the snow is 6 feet deep. :-)
(wouldn't that be nice) NOT

Merry, I sure love all your graphics! I bet everyone here would just love to get on that ship. At least you help us to pretend we are there.

Not much doing here. Just have to decide whether to go for red walls or light green walls in our bedroom. Life is good.

Phyll
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A clear blue sky in Calgary this morning, and I can see the Canadian Rockies from my driveway. Temps in the high 70s forecast for today... so a kind of perfect day.

It's back to work this morning, and lots to do as I clean my desk from all the stuff that collected the past 10 days during the Calgary Stampede.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 17th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............still having nice warm weather.......upper 70's for today......suppose to last all week....maybe even a few 80's in there......

Not much going on today except the laundry is calling my name.....

Y'all have a great Monday.............

Sharon
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is hot,hot, hot. We just got back from our Conquest cruise, and had a great time. Probably the best we have ever had. I am sharing my cruise with those on the Carnival board. Would love to see it, and enjoy the excitement we felt.

Have a great day ya'll

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Good Monday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Just add our names to the hot and humid list.

Keith and I couldn't sleep las night either, because of the humidity. Should haved chatted with Mike and Donna. Merry, your graphics are terrific!

Well, my back didn't like all that housecleaning on Saturday, so it decided to give me problems again. And I'm not done cleaning, either! Ironing awaits as well.

Have a good day, all.
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Captain

You all are making me feel cool here. I just ate a gelato. Yummy!

Good day,
Karen
Old July 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Good Molnday Morning

Karen, I had chocolate gelato on Sunday. Yum is right!

Judy