Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2006, 11:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Skype™ to fllady
Default Crown Princess human error

http://www.wesh.com/iteam/9555476/detail.html

Just read this from a Orlando TV station.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Very interesting,,,,and frankly, it all makes a lot of sense! I'm absolutely sure that the NTSB, and the Coast Guard would NOT let the ship sail again with passengers aboard, if they thought there was any malfunction in any of the major systems. I, for one, wouldn't hesitate to sail the Crown. In fact, the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I were just talking about booking the Crown for next year. See you aboard.
Ken
Old July 22nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
Yeoman

Default Crown

I have read everything I can on this unfortunate incident and we will be on the Crown for the 9/30 sailing. Some did cancel today's (Saturday) cruise, but not many. Guess some called Princess trying to get on at 50% cost, but Princess would not allow the bookings. My take is that if this was human error and a Jr. officer overcorrected as reported. I could accept this more readily that autopilot/computer glitch. Anyway, everyone is waiting for the NTSB/Coast Guard report for clarity on this issue.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Hi
I did get to this article from a different site, as well. Apparently, the listing situation has turned up on other cruises but without as much media attention over the last few years--as I learned from some older roll calls. One of the ships was the one we'll be sailing on in November. I think the scariest part would be the surprise factor. As long as we know one is possible then if the ship starts to list we'll at least know what it's from. The sames goes for a rogue wave--also more prevalent than thought-but that would probably unnerve me more.
All of these "machines" including computers are created by humans and can be corrected by humans. In the case of the Crown and others, the problem was "over correction".

Happy Cruising! Only about 124 days or so left before I can get onboard!
Lynne

Ruby Princess