Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good Morning All,

Rain will be back today. Today will be spent prepping for dd birthday party tomorrow. Yesterday she continued in her depression and cried most of the day. It was pretty stressful - tho' we did manage to get her out of the house for a few hours. I'm hoping today goes better, it is really getting to me, I'm trying to be patient, but I'm about at the end of my rope. She'll have to be on meds soon if she really can't pull it together. I'm going to try to keep her busy today, and maybe that will help.

Nothing much going on here, Hope you all are looking at something fun to do today,
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Hello VTJEN and all of our friends to follow. Good morning and note my post denoting 99 days left until our next cruise!! . Houston has 76F and chances of T-storms. I know everyone is having a great day so keep it up!!

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM
Captain

Default Good Morning

Good Morinnh Everyonr

I am Back, I know that it has been awhile. Things have been really crazy this year. The cruise last February was great, we are now booked on the Holiday for this coming February. My oldest son is currently in Iraq, but should be home by Thanksgiving and my youngest son is headed back to college next month
The wife and I are both doing great.

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where it's cooled off a bit this morning but supposed to be nice this afternoon. Hoping to get over to my sister's for a relaxing float in the pool. My back has been giving me alot of trouble this week and I need to rest!
Our long-awaited contractors finally showed up yesterday to dig up our driveway and front walk. They're now filled with gravel, and it's anybody's guess as to when they might return to asphalt the driveway and cement the walk. Meanwhile, last night we had to take all the plants they dug up in the process and transplant them in the backyard, hoping to salvage them. That didn't help my sore back any....

donna
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good Morning All! We are still working on the bathroom cabinet redo, but they look great! Houston is hot, hot, hot!

Welcome back Irish! Won't see me much as I onl;y get to post Friday- Sunday. Can't get my act together in the AM when I have to work.

Donna, a float in the pool sounds like a plan to me! If we don't go out in our boat with my son and his girlfriend, think I will do the same here.

Everyone have a great day!

Renee
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003
Old July 22nd, 2006, 09:09 AM
Familiar Face

Good morning to all. Just finished a staff meeting at work and going to spend some time trying to narrow down and pick a cruise for this January. I have been coaxing my DW into a "suprise cruise" for my 50th birthday in September. We talked the other day and she said September thru November is tuff because both our girls are in the high school band and between football games and band festivals there aren't any free weeks for us to disappear. We decided on a Vegas trip in mid-August and a cruise in January. The good problem is she said for me to pick the cruise, but wow, I've spent almost 3 days and am having a hard time picking. I'm leaning towards the Millennium or the Caribbean Princess. The Millennium costs a little more but I know what I'm getting, but I've read so many good things about the Caribbean Princess. Like I said, good problem. Sorry for the ramble, hope everyone has a great week-end!
Caribbean Princess....Jan. 2007
Crown Princess.........Jan. 2008
Caribbean Princess....May 2008
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2009
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2010
Emerald Princess.......Jan. 2011
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I've been up for awhile this morning baking cookies to take to a cook out tonight. Son is off to Universal Islands of Adventures to meet up with a girl (and her dad!) that he met at water polo camp in Annapolis. She's from Miami, he had asked if her could drive down there to see her and of course I said no so at least they get to see each other here. The dad and I actually talked on the phone yesterday....nice to talk to someone who pays as much attention to their kids as we do...and yes, the Ferris Bueller scene where the friend pretends to be the dad and get the girl out of class did cross my mind!
Cruisingalong, I feel your marching band pain about weekends in the fall....our son is in his senior year and is trumpet section leader this year. Our daughter also did band for 4 years so we're ready for this to be over!
God as my witness I'll never sell another fundraiser again!
Angela Z.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sun is shining brightly in the foothills of the Canadian Rockies. Temps in the 90s F forecast... so another beautiful day to be in Alberta.

I'm once again taking advantage of a great day to head to the golf course. You'd think with all the practice of late I'd be getting better... not!
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a rainy day here in upstate NY, but hopefully it does not rain too hard when the niece's party begins. I'm not holding my breath though. The forecast doesn't look too good.

We got most of the packing done last night, so we will be one of the many wrinkled cruisers out there, but you know...I don't really care!

Just got a few last minute things to take care of, and it's time to party. But not too much, we've got an early flight out tomorrow morning. So keep the boards running, and we'll see you in a week.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old July 22nd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...............I'm melting...........I'm melting..........it's already 75 out.....that is almost unheard of here......suppose to make it to the 90's today......maybe even 100!!!!! Help....we're not use to this kind of weather!!!!!

Just trying to stay cool today......

Y'all have a great Saturday!!!!!

Sharon
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Good Morning,
It's 11:58 where I'm sitting in Avon Park,FL and the sun is shining--it's 81 degrees.
Trevor has gone up to his daughter's for awhile to deliver the mirror we're giving them from our living room wall. It has outlived its productivity, a big, heavy gilded one I paid $20 for at one of our workplace flea market sales. It was out in my trunk before anyone else saw it!!! (with some help). Now, we've "lightened" our look and are more streamlined.
I slept in until 10:20AM which was a present to myself!

Not much on the agenda for today. My 2004 CB Princess friend who has posted here before reminded me last night that I'm closer to double digits for my cruise. YEA!!!!!

Take care and happy Saturday!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old July 22nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

It is way past morning here in NH. I was busy all day cleaning and doing laundry. Rainy today in NH' Lakes Region. We have had a stretch of hot and humid weather so this could cool things off nicely. Have a great day CruiseMates!

Laura