Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Monday Monday

Good Morning CruiseMates It looks like another lovely day in NH's Beautiful Lakes Region. Day off from one job today but I do have to work the other one. Have a great day all.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Captain

Good morning,
Nice and cool in NY. Maybe a little too cool after 104 temps. Time to get acclimated.

Bill paying and catch up to-do list.

Have a great Monday all,
Karen
Old July 24th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where we have normal hot summer temps. Back to work today. The weekends are never long enough.
Angela Z.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Admiral

Laura, Karen,Angela Z and all others to come onboard today... Good morning!!! Houston has 75F and mostly clear skies right now. I got rained on last night but I needed the time off so it was ok by me. I need to start exercising and getting back into shape. My knees hurt all the time and I am tired all the time. At least we are another day closer to our next cruise . I have determined that we are now officially off of our cruise high. I had some rye bread last night and that caused me to recall the rye bread on the cruise and drove my PCD home .

Have a glorious day!!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old July 24th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good Morning,
Hot and steaming today. I have the ac down to a comfy 72 degrees.
Still in the packing and moving stages at work. Last day will be July 31. Then it is unpacking and set up.
I hate to move, oh my aching back
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
It's just about 8AM and I'll be hustling for work in a few minutes. It's currently in the mid-70's and sunny in Avon Park, FL.
Sea Trekker, I do believe I would freeze in 72 degrees AC!! Trevor turns it down to 74 or so at night and that is cool enough!!!
There's nothing spectacular on my agenda this week so will just cruise along!
I'm watching my countdown clock wind down. It looks much better than 268 days!
Bye for now. Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal where we had a crazy mixed up weekend. Sat. it rained when it was supposed to be nice, and Sun. was nice when it was supposed to rain!
Today, it's only 19C (66F) this morning but supposed to hit 24C or 75F later.
I'll believe it when I see it.

I've been battling a bad back all weekend, so tried to lay low and not do too much. Got to go back to work today, pain or no pain.
DH spent the weekend researching cruises, I think maybe he has narrowed it down to a few choices, and an announcement will be imminent!

donna
Old July 24th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny, muggy swfl. We had a very boring weekend and now we are back to monday Today we are making an appointment with the health dep. so we can get all our shots done. My husband and I are discussing moving back up north. Just never cared for Florida much. I have the task of looking into real estate and see what is the deal there. Selling our house would take time I am sure.
We will see what will happen, first will come our Africa trip.

Oldest daughter will be 23 in 2 weeks and I am trying to figure out something nice for her. We had thought going to Disney and she would love it but the price for 6 people even with FL resident rates is just outrages. My husband suggested for her and I to go to a resort for a night with a spa treatment. Maybe I do this instead. Does anyone have a good idea?

Have a wonderful day mates
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The sun is back out! Temps are supposed to increase all week. Glad it is warming back up. Love to snatch afternoon moments by the pool. Guess it is the only vacation I'll be having this summer. Asked dh if we could take a few days to do something this fall, as with both kids I really needed something to look forward too. He said no. Might try to talk him into at least a couple days in Maine, it would be off season. But it doesn't look promising. Oh, well.

I think this will be a busy week. Pastor is out of town, so lots to do in the office. Have lunch dates that have to be done this week before people go back to school. Gotta start getting stuff together for the college move.

Family party went well yesterday for dd. Only 11 of us - had food for at least 20, at least I won't have to do much cooking for a couple of days.
We went with a southern menu - sweet tea, cornbread, cheesy grits, bbq ribs and chicken, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes and cukes, banana pudding and peach cobbler.

DH is on call this week - seems like he worked so much last week he was on call then too.

Hope ya'll have a great day~

Donna - thanks for the pm - I responded to it.
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Good morning to all I'm off today, (since I worked all weekend ) got to cut the grass, meet the wife for lunch, and maybe go to Bass Pro Shop today and look around. Its been a couple weeks since I've been there.
We had a cool front move through this morning, and for once the humidity is down, and it fills real nice outside. Mid highs today are to be in the mid 80's. Thats 10-11 degrees cooler than normal.

Sue, have you thought about giving her a 3 or 4 day cruise

Have a great day all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Admiral

David YES I have!!!! I did check into pricing for Disney and the the price was good in my opinion but not in my husbands With our Africa trip money is very tight<I guess you can't do everything>
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

It is another beautiful day in L.A. (Lower Alabama). Unfortunately I have to go back to work tonight, but it does pay for our cruises.

John
8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It was a wonderful weekend. A group of friends got together at my brother's and friends lake places and we had an almost perfect weekend. Betty showed everyone how a pro can ski and even wake boarded. She didn't do any flips but still jumped the wake and did more than those 30 years younger. I was even dragged around the lake on an inner tube. The most fun was just sitting around the fire pit and talking until the wee hours.

It has been decided that my brother and I will be heading back to England at the end of August. We will be going with our friend who is a pilot for American Airlines. He also has family in England. This will give us a chance to actually have a chance to visit with the family instead of going over for a funeral as we did two months ago. The tickets have been arranged so there is no backing out. They're also at a greatly reduced price so you can't complain.

Michael: I don't know if exercises will work on the knees and the fatigue. I think your problem is because you're in love. The fatigue is caused by staying up all night and the knees are because you are on them begging for forgiveness. Believe me, I've been married for 23 years.

I hope everyone has a great Monday and wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:55 AM
First Mate

Good morning from WC AR. I have not posted for awhile because of company and seeing our kids and grands in CA.

We had DW's brother and wife visit us for a week. They are from WA.
After they left it was getting things ready for our trip to So CA.

DW and I flew out to CA on July 13 and returned July 20th. Had a super visit and it was nice to see family again after 8 months. The twins are growing leaps and bounds. The oldest grandsons are now 14 and getting real tall.

When we were in the Costa Mesa, Newport Beach area, I thought of Judy and Keith when they go to their favorite resturant in CM and Fashion Center in NB.

We will be having more company beginning this Saturday and then later on during the week, another couple will be here for a visit. All are from our old hometown of Payson, AZ. We are looking forward to their visits.

Looking for a high of 92-94 today and humidity is on the rise. Hopefully rain will be here somtime during the week.

Everybody have a great day.
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Evening thunderstorms last night in Calgary, and more forecast for tonight. But the day time temps are supposed to be in the mid 80s F.

Heading to work shortly... though I am going to skip out just a bit early for... yes you guessed it... another round of golf. Got invited to a beautiful golf course a friend belongs to, so just couldn't pass it up
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue
David YES I have!!!! I did check into pricing for Disney and the the price was good in my opinion but not in my husbands With our Africa trip money is very tight<I guess you can't do everything>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No we can't Sue, but for your own, we do try I know we do.
I'm sure you'll come up with something good Mom's usually do

Have a great day all ;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Monday Monday

Good monring from hot muggy Southern California. Nineteen days and counting for temps over 100. I didn't know it could get this hot!
Mid-Sunday morning, there was a tremendous crack of thunder that scared all the dogs, cats, kids, Keith, and me! After that, we had a very short but intense rain.

Gym day for Keith, then the eye doctor.

Frank, I thought about going to Newport Beach and/or Costa Mesa over the weekend but never did it.
Donna, I've been battling a bad back as well.
Mike, sounds like a great weekend in Minnesota. Wish DH and I were going back to England, too.

Enjoy your day, all.

Judy
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........we're still melting here.......very unusual for us not to go down into the 50's for overnight.....it's 72 right now....that's 7:45 am.......we're not use to this kind of weather!!!!! house is still over 80!!!!! ack!!!!!! Ok....I'm thru whinning now.......

Laundry is calling my name.........

Y'all have a good Monday........

Sharon
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default I hate Monday's

Hello all. Here it is Monday morning already. The weekends just fly by. Its going to be another hot week here in Minnesota. No rain. BWCA is still burning. But I hear the received some rain over the weekend. 27 more days until we cruise to Hawaii on the Pride of Hawaii. Havent received our documents yet from NCL but hear they are coming this week. Bought some new luggage this weekend. Flouresent Green. Its not very good looking but we will be able to spot it anywhere. I just hope that the airlines doesnt loose it because we have to change planes in Chicago. Nothing much more happening here. Just hot and humid. Shouldnt complain because it will be cold and snowy before we know it. Happy Monday all.
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Good one, Mike, good one!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.