Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning!

Am I the first one up? I know it's early....but I have to go in early for a fieldtrip today. We're going to the Vieux Port (Montreal's Port) to see the IMAX presentation and the Science Centre. I'm pretty excited about the IMAX show becasue it's all about the underwater Caribbean, fish, etc. It'll be like snorkeling on a cruise!
Maybe I'll see a ship or two in port, I'll let you know...

The mystery has been solved. It looks like we will be booking HAL's Noordam from N.Y.C. for next April!

donna
Old July 28th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning Donna, and all to follow.
Where was everyone last night?
I went to chat at 9:10 and no one was there.
That is so strange. oh well, maybe tonight we can get together.
Carole 8)
Old July 28th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Captain

Good morning,
Back to reality and my normal work schedule today. I just wish I could make it to 9 pm for sleeping.

I think a hot one is in store for us in NY state.

Donna,
I hope you enjoy the show. Sounds very relaxing.
Mike,
I hope it is a non grouchy day but grouchy days can also be very productive.
Karen
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI. Another hot summer day ahead here. We had some wild storms come through yesterday afternoon. Lots of flooding in the streets and cars submerged in the town just to the east of us. We could do without that.

Carole, I was in chat a few times last night, but only one other person, who just seemed to want to stir things up, was there each time I checked. Sure missed everyone. Sorry I missed you.

Take care everyone, and stay as cool as you possibly can.

Phyll
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Good morning from Baytown, Texas where we are rain free- two days in a row! Well today was my last Friday off before school starts, but I am going to work because we are too busy! I plan on a three hour work day there and that is it!

Donna: Congrats on the cruise, have fun at the IMAX!

Last night I visited the Chat (second time ever) and there was only one person there as well. I'll have to try again.

Everyone have a great TGIF
Renee
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003
Old July 28th, 2006, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

We are still under the triple H weather. It is already almost 80. It never did rain yesterday - I would assume that some thunderheads would build today. My house is about 85 too hot in the office to do paper work. If it rains tonight I'll attack it first thing tomorrow morning.

Had a nice lunch with old friend last night, then a walk with my niece making our loop to end up at the Gazebo in the park to enjoy the end of the Band Concert - which my dd plays her French horn in and my brother plays the baritone horn. It was much cooler done there by the river, and not overly buggy.

Today lunch at an older lady from our church home. She has invited a few of us for to join her. She lives at the bottom of my street so I'll just walk down.

Have tons of errands to do before and after. The grocery store will be nice and cool.

Nothing planned for the weekend - dh is on call so we can't go anywhere anyway. Maybe dd and niece and I will think of something fun to do.

Hope you all have fun plans for this weekend!
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyllbo
Carole, I was in chat a few times last night, but only one other person, who just seemed to want to stir things up, was there each time I checked.
Phyll: I told you I was grouchy yesterday. (I'll go check the log and see if they were too nasty)

No: I was in bed quite early last night and accomplished very little.

Today will be "Chew out the water heater guy." We had a new water heater installed to replace our 17 year old one that wasn't running as well as it used to. Well, the new one is worse. I gave them the ultimatum to put in one that gives me at least 50 gallons of 130 degree water or upgrade to a more expensive model. I'm so tired of dealing with incompetence. You pay a crap load of money just to end up with something that is worse than you had. They said they'll make it right with no extra charges. They better, I'm not nice when I'm angry.

He'll be out at 10:00 a.m. If it isn't fixed I will unleash my WBD. Weapon of Betty Destruction. Now that's scary.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a FANTASTIC weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

I was missing from chat last nite. The cat must to have gotten to the MOUSE. At least my mouse was not working so without a mouse you cannot eat the cheese.

Well anyway this morning the mouse came out of hiding and I am in business.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:28 AM
First Mate

Good morning mates. They are calling for a 50% chance of rain today. We had some yesterday but it was like the Pacific NW kind......drizzle all day.

While DW is at the beauty shop today, I will be getting a few errands done in town like picking up an Rx from Walgreens and a few things at the market.

While out today, that's a good excuse to have lunch at one of the eateries here in the Village.

We are looking forward to a dear couple who will be visiting us from AZ starting tomorrow. They will spend three nights with us and right after their visit we have another couple in for two days who are also from Payson, AZ. How often this happens......no company for months on end and then two back to back. We are looking forward to their visits and we can catch up on the "news".

Everybody take care and have a great weekend.
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I was in chat twice briefly last night We need to be there, or be sqaure Boy, I just dated myself

Looks like soon,my Fridays won't be Aiden days, his Daddy's schedule will be changing I guess I will have to volunteer to watch tha babala But tomorrow they has a wedding, so he will be here.

MY new computer arrives today, so by Sunday I should be up and running with all the bells and whistles, that work AND a flat screen monitor,yayayyyayay!!!!!

It's another scorcha as we say in Boston!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Another hot day in Massachusetts.

Lots of daycare kids today. Can't wait until August 18th, my retirement day.

My son left this morning for a quick trip to Tampa. The shuttle picked him up at 3:30 am so needless to say, I'm working on little sleep.

Going to the nursing home with my mom tonight to clean out my grandmother's room. I got three large boxes from work at WalMart last night and we have 2 contractor size trash bags. Hopefully this is enough. We ahve 3 years of "stuff" to pack. Hoping this won't be too emotional for my mom.

Hope everyone has a great and safe day.
Old July 28th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........cooling down a bit......only 60's this am.....suppose to be low 70's today......so the house is starting to cool off finally.........farrimco.....no drizzle here........for now anyway......they say we might get some on Sunday....we'll see........

Not much going on today.....have a appointment for a oil change this morning......fun huh????

Y'all have a great Friday.........

Sharon
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Got woken at about 5 AM by a very loud thunderstorm rolling through. Hopefully it's going to clear as forecast and give Calgary a mid 70s day.

It better!! I have a golf game scheduled for this afternoon But for now, it's off to work.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 28th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Still hot and humid. The weather mavens tell us that the humidity will start to go away.
I'll belive it when I see it. At least temps are double and not triple digit.

Gym day for Keith. Finish off the ironing for me, then a manicure this afternoon.

Not very exciting, bujt I guess that's a good thing. The rest of the world provides enough excitement!

Judy