Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Default Getting married on a cruiseship

Talked to my daughter yesterday, and she said that she and her fiance are now thinking about getting married on a cruiseship next year instead of trying to put together a wedding on land. Sounds good to me. :-) It's too late to do it for the New Years cruise, but I told her to call Nancy and see what she could help them with.

Has anyone ever done this, and does it work as well as it sounds?

Phyll
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've never been married on a ship, but I have made proposals to many women onboard

On Princess they can legally be married by the Captain, and even have guests view the wedding ceremonies on the web cam in the chapel.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 28th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

That sounds wonderful........When Kuki and I were on the Grand Princess, we saw a bride in Pink Taffeta [oh my]. Kelly will be a lovely bride, and you can't beat the setting!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Phyll, while on the Caribbean Princess in May, I witnessed no less than 7 or 8 weddings onboard. The Captain performed the ceremonies, other Princess staff "officiated", most of them were outdoors, aft, in a beautiful spot overlooking the wake, and they were all so beautiful I took pictures of complete strangers! I also know a couple who got married that week in the little chapel onboard, and most of the other weddings had private receptions in one or other of the clubs and lounges onboard, although I did see one entire wedding party eating lunch in the Horizon Court Buffet!
They also got beautiful professional photos taken by the Princess photographers. And as an added bonus, the newlyweds all had Bert Stratton to sing for them all week too.
I think it's a great idea, combining wedding and honeymoon together on a cruise!

donna