Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Default Anne Campbell now gone too?

I just found by accident the post where Kuki is stating she has left this site. Is it true and why? Well I am sure you won't tell us why but is she starting something new? I see she is still listed as moderater?

I must say as a side note this site has turned into something that wasn't many years ago. I know why but I am sure it won't be changed. Maybe the wrong people have stayed. <If you know what I mean>

This used to be an awesome site, friendly and had a sense of community. This feeling is twindeling away I thought I can say my thought considering I have been on this site now for I think almost 5 years.

I need to correct statement above:Maybe the wrong people have stayed. <If you know what I mean>
What I am trying to say is:What I meant to say was if some of the old people that have left would have stayed maybe the site would still be what it was. But the people who are here now have seemed to turn this site into something that wasn't before

I am truly sorry if I offended anyone.
Old August 1st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
I just found by accident the post where Kuki is stating she has left this site. Is it true and why?
Sue.. no reason for me to say she left if it wasn't true, now is there?

She left for business reasons, and any reasons for her making that business decision are purely personal. I loved working with Anne for 9 years, both here and at a cruise site before this.... and have no doubt at all that she and I will remain great friends! I certainly wish her well, and she me!!!

Quote:
I must say as a side note this site has turned into something that wasn't many years ago. I know why
You are certainly entitled to your opinion about any changes you've perceived in the site, but to say you know why is actually kind of absurd. Whatever you may think you know is only opinion and conjecture arrived at through totally baseless gossip, with no knowledge of the facts.

Personally I think CruiseMates has been and STILL IS the friendliest cruise web site on the net, with a wonderful community of members, and as well is chock full of great information about cruising.. which after all is what the site is all about.

Just like any community or neighborhoold people move in and out as circumstances in their lives change. They key to keeping a neighborhood friendly is welcoming the people who move in, and helping them settle in to the neighborhood with a warm welcome.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sue:

Anne has left the site and is no longer a moderator. I am sad to see her leave and I wish her all the best in whatever new endeavors she pursues.

Regarding change, it is inevitable and everything changes. Cruisemates will continue to change, grow and evolve to better serve our overall reader community.

At some point just about everyone involved will leave, other people will come on board and perhaps a few will be around as long as the site is here. People have lives and have to live them and they can't let a business or message board rule them.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Mike,

I am always glad to see you on here.
Old August 1st, 2006, 01:23 PM
Admiral

I agree with Kuki! Things change, and that's the way the world goes nowdays! I too, think this site is far, far better than " the other one", and really feel at home here. Even though the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I have sailed on well over 100 cruises over many, many years, not a day goes by that I don't learn something new, and "meet" another new friend here.
THANKS CruiseMates,

Ken
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I too would like to wish Anne good luck, & best wishes on new endeavors. Anne brought me on to this site,and has been a good friend over the years. I will miss her.

Like in any family, or family like setting, there are sqaubbles, there is that cousin, who you don't want to sit next to at the holiday,an aunt you want to hide from. Some you respect, some you don't...

As it has been said, people come and go, they live their lives, passing through, daily, or when the mood strikes. This board is the best place to share your sorrows, and your hopes, and sadly many over react to the written word, people go, and new people pull up a chair at the table. It's life.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 1st, 2006, 02:20 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

We all wish Anne the best. It is only for Anne to say why she is leaving. I can only say that I have also enjoyed working with her all of these years and I wish her the best going forward.

But it isn't as is she (or anyone else) is disappearing, they are still to be found, and all will be revealed in due course.

Personally, I am now more committed than ever to making this site the best it can be, and if some people do not like me, I hope (and believe) it is only because they do not know the real me. Most people who know me well, on a personal level, sincerely like me for myself.

Things have been a little quiet here lately, because of Y2C's personal misfortune (so sorry Steve!), and Mike was out of town. But I also think that we are going to soon see a resurgence in activity here unlike anything we have ever seen, so stay tuned.

As for Anne - she is my dear friend. Things change over time and people choose to do different things. Most of the staff here have been with CM since the beginning back in 1999. People get tired of doing the same things over & over, so if you sense a lack of enthusiasm once in awhile, it just might be because we are answering that "can I bring my own liquor onboard" question again for the 1000th time. :-)

Meanwhile, we are all still here, and I have had people tell me I don't open myself up enough, so here I am if you have questions for me, please ask away.
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:42 PM
Admiral

I am sorry to see Anne go too, but I know that things do change. She has chosen to not give us any reasons or advanced knowledge of this. I'm ok with that. I just want to let her know that I appreciate the part she played in setting up this site, and adding to the enormous amount of information that has been available here.

I hate change, but it happens.

I've been around here for a while too, and I haven't seen any move towards this not being a great place to come to. I still enjoy the people around here. There are other places with great folks also, and I'm glad for that.

I think the folks who make this place available for all of us need our support right now as they reorganize, and try to keep this all running for us, and others looking for good cruise info.

Phyll
Old August 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I would like to add my best wishes for Anne. I have had the opportunity to get to know Anne through her articles as well as a few e-mails. I hope that whatever she chooses to do, it will bring her much happiness.

I also hate change but I have learned over the last couple of months that changes do happen. Sometimes it is wise to let everyone know, and sometimes it is better to ease out quietly. We just have to respect that person, and wish them the best.

I have also gotten to know Paul more, and yes I have been one to encourage him to speak out more. Paul, is a totally different person than what we might be lead to believe, and I wish others had a chance to know that.

I also don't want Sue to feel bad about asking. 6 months ago, I also had "why" questions, and then I caused others to ask "why" of me. I think in my case it was asking "why" because I would miss them so much, but it all worked out for the better, and it will this time too.

Good Luck Anne........ God Bless!!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old August 1st, 2006, 03:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

HELEN AND I wish Anne the best in her unannounced endevors. What Ever they are we wish you the Best. And do not leave us without a forwarding contact. We wish to be with you whereever that is.

We can remember the Cruise on Golden Princess in 2002. There we celebrated our 60th Wedding Anniversary. And Anne was part of that Celebration. She will always be remembered and I have pictures to prove it.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old August 1st, 2006, 04:00 PM
Admiral

I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy visiting this site and participating in discussions and activities. I have never met Anne, but I am sure that she believes it is the correct thing.

As with the rest of you, I wish her only the best.
Old August 1st, 2006, 04:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Thank you for your positive comment, Luanne. Anne is not disappearing, she will be announcing a new project very soon. No one wants to tip their hand before they are ready, but Anne has a lot of spark in her and will be at the lead of something new & exciting you will be hearing about soon.
Old August 1st, 2006, 05:39 PM
Admiral

Default Anne Campbell Now Gone Too?

I, too, want to wish Anne all the best in whatever she does. If she remains with CruiseMates in a different capacity, maybe she'll be able to post more often thereby keeping in touch. Good luck, Anne, and I hope we continue to hear more from you!

Judy
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

You Stay Away From The Board For A Few Months & See What Happens?

Capt Ron and I would like to wish Anne the best, wherever her path may lead. Hopefully, some day our paths will cross.

Shar
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:47 PM
Admiral

I also want to wish Anne well. Thank you for making Cruisemates the site it has become and I'm sure Paul will continue to make it even better. I've enjoyed the time I've worked with Anne and wish her luck in her new endeavor. As the others have said, change is inevitable. If it weren't this would be a very boring world.
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:52 PM
Admiral

I just want to say that no matter who comes and who goes, CruiseMates is still my favourite place to come to and brings me great pleasure each and every day. I miss some of the "old" posters, but I also welcome the new ones. Change happens, and we need to accept that. I also wish Anne the very best in whatever she chooses to do now. Thanks Anne and all the rest of the CM moderators for keeping this site the friendliest place to be!

donna
Old August 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Admiral

I've always found CruiseMates to be very friendly and full of information about cruising. Yes, there are posts of concern and news, but it is a 'CRUISE' site. You don't have to scoll for pages to find something relating to cruising, and I have never gotten nasty emails from anyone on CruiseMates as I have on other sites, just because I didn't agree with what had been posted.
Old August 1st, 2006, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Paul a side note: It is not "Das Kapitan but Der Kapitan" <at least now my german comes in handy >
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Thanks for the correction, Sue. I don't know, is "das" plural? I have gained a few pounds lately, maybe I need to be plural, as in having my own zip code.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:53 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Der is male, Die is female and Das is nuetral.

I always got confused in German class.

Der Kapitan das schiffs

Take care.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Mike you are somewhat correct. Der Kapitan des Schiffes sounds better in my opinion Or Der Kapitan vom Schiff German is a difficult language to learn.
Paul you are too funny<I think I have my own zip code also>
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sue:

A friend of my mother's once said that I speak excellent German. If I was a five year old child.

My German comes from old family members and high school and college courses. I am just a poser compared to someone who's a native.

Thanks for the correct phrasing.

Take care,
Mike (Today is a good day. I learned something)

Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Sue nothing in life, at work, or in our personal lives ever remains the same forever. But sometimes things get better. this is still a fun place with interesting people, and an opportunity to discuss both serious and lighthearted subjects relating to our mutual passion, cruising the 7 seas -- oh, and trying to get liquor aboard.

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old August 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Admiral

RichStacy, you are right the bottom line is our passion, which is cruising.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

I don't post as often as I would like, but I do surf the cruise websites and by far this is the best! I love the comraderie on the site!

Anne Campbell writes great articles and I wish her the best at her "new" endeavor.

Renee
11/10/05
Explorer of the Seas 9/19/2004
Rhapsody 9/2003