Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2006, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77
Default San Juan Hotel

Well, I waited too darn long to book a hotel room. Anyone know a decent hotel in San Juan???? I just went to the the site for Sheridan, (the old Wyndam)and they are booked. Anyone know of something different, that would be close to the pier? Does anyone know of a hotel that has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and then one to the pier?? This is my first time leaving from San Juan, and don't know what to expect.

Thanks for any thoughts!!!

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Radisson Ambassador Plaza was pretty nice if I remember right... but that was 2 years ago... there was a burger king right across the street...
Im not sure about airport and dock shuttles... you would have to check into that... it should have them though...
Horizon - July '03
Rhapsody of the Seas - Thanksgiving '03
Golden Princess - June '04
Carnival Ecstasy - May '05
Explorer of the Seas - July '05
Infinity - Doomed Voyage - July '06
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Admiral

About 4 years ago, we stayed at "Wind Chimes Inn" in San Juan. this is a moderately priced Inn, just 10 minute walk to all the big hotels, 5 minute walk to a very nice beach. Taxi fare to the pier was not expensive, just get a rate.

We stayed there for 7 days before our cruise and enjoyed the location. It's not 5 star, but clean and centrally located with good restaurants within walking distance.

You'll probably find taxis allmost as inexpensive as shuttles and much more convenient.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Old August 8th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Captain

We've stayed at the Caribe Hilton and the Wyndam Condado twice. Both very nice but the Hilton definately has the better pool.

Don't worry about shuttles, take a cab. They're cheap and readily available.

San Juan is my favorite port from which to sail. Often times there are four ships in port and they all sail at 30 minute intervals. It's fun to be the last to go and watch all the others sail away. Be prepared, though, they begin sailing at 10:00 pm and it's not unusual for them to delay that if air passengers are running late, since they usually don't have much distance to travel. On one of our Princess cruises they were waiting for a group of 12 and we gave up and went to bed at midnight. Think we finally sailed at 1:00. Wasn't a problem.

Since you're new, you might want to go to several different boards here. The First Timers board answers all the general questions, there's a hotel board and then of course, Destinations for your specific port questions.

Enjoy!