Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjyanne
Anyone who thinks service members wear their service dress uniform (or any uniform for that matter) trying to get free stuff or pickup chicks is sadly mistaken (there may be a few exceptions but that applies to anything).
Agreed. And I work in a building with 16,000 service members every single day, 12,000 of which are officers. I know a great many of them, and not one of them has that attitude. Not ONE.
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:38 AM
Admiral

Luanne Russo said: "I don't think CC meant any harm. He just doesn't understand the feeling we have."

You are two for two in the insight dept. this week Luanne.

When I was 12, and visiting the USA for the very first time, my father pulled me aside and said "watch out for Americans, and be careful what you say.... they are 1000x more patriotic than we are, and it can sometimes be irritating to someone who doesn't understand"....

I still don't understand why the biggest and the best has to always say it. Isn't it obvious?

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old August 13th, 2006, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Chit-Chat for Cruisers: Open forum for what's on your mind. Feel free to say it here.

Come on CruzNut, where is your Freedom of Expression Spirit?

Most people who has been following this board for quite some time have learned not to take old CC all that seriously.

Sometimes I agree with CC, most of the time I don't. He puts a different spin on most threads and that's good. Can you just imagine how boring it would be if everbody had the same opinion?

Bill
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW
Chit-Chat for Cruisers: Open forum for what's on your mind. Feel free to say it here.

Come on CruzNut, where is your Freedom of Expression Spirit?

Most people who has been following this board for quite some time have learned not to take old CC all that seriously.

Sometimes I agree with CC, most of the time I don't. He puts a different spin on most threads and that's good. Can you just imagine how boring it would be if everbody had the same opinion?

Bill
I fully support freedom of expression. Everyone has the right to their own opinion as long as it matches mine.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004