Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Admiral

Default Birthday Getaway- Cruise Fix (Back to Back-ond day cruises)

I just booked 2 one-day cruises for David's birthday present. We leave 9/23 from Seattle to Vancouver on the Dawn Princess. Then we spend much of the day in Vancouver before heading back to Seattle on the H.A.L. Veendam. It is a pain checking in twice and two disaster drills (UGH!) but...

The good part is there will be no plane ride required and the fares for each passenger is about $79 each way for outside cabins. This should prove to be a nice little weekend getaway as a birthday gift. We've had vacations this year to Peru and Oaxaca but no cruises. This will have to do for our cruise fix of 2006.

If we went to the Washington coast for the weekend and stayed in hotels we would spend as much or more, so what the heck.

Now I'm just hoping these ships are sharing the same terminal in Seattle so that our car will be waiting patiently in the parking lot and we won't have to hop a cab to get to our vehicle. Hmmmmm

We did this last year on the Diamond and the Zaandam and the car parking worked out perfectly. I'll be glad when the old docs come so I can find out this little bit of info.

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Chuck.........sounds like a great plan.......Hal & Princess still share pier 30 so you should have no problems with your car.......That is a great deal.....thought we got a good deal on Mercury for a 3 night Seattle to Seattle but sound slike yours is better.....enjoy....have fun!!!!!!!

Wave as ya pass thru............

Sharon
Old August 12th, 2006, 01:31 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

What a nice birthday present Chuck!!!! Now, if someone besides me would give me a cruise for my birthday I would be extremely happy!

And yes, Princess and HAL still share the same docking facilities, so it should be good to go!