Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Does anybody here watch hells kitchen

That show is crazy I am not sure if I would like to work for Chef Ramsey. What I can't understand as I read some boards why do women find Chef Ramsey so sexy.
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Chef R. is SATAN! :evil: :evil: :evil:

I watch the show, BUT Chef R. is a real SIMON COWELL (A$$).

Old August 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

I'm a fan, can't wait for the season finnaly tonight. I was rooting for Keith. I can't stand Heather, but I'll vote for her over Virgina anyday.

As for the appeal of Chef Ramsey.... I'll admit there is a bit of attraction. I think it's the accent, and the attitude.... I don't know, I also think Simon Cowell is a good looking man....

Erin

PS, ousoonerfan.... How is Baton Rouge treating you?
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have watched a number of this years episodes but have shaken my head at the contestants. I just can't imagine any of them being an Executive Chef and doing the full job. An Executive Chef is more than just cooking and running a service.

I did eat at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant on Hospital Road back in 2001 when I was there on business. At that time I had no idea who he was. I will say it was one of the best meals I have had. It was truly worth the three star Michelin rating he has earned. I am glad that I didn't have to pay for it. I think the total bill for three people was over 500 pounds with good wine. I didn't know who he was until a year or so later when I saw a BBC America program with him on it.

I don't know if he was in the kitchen at the time I was there nor did I hear any screams coming from the kitchen.

I have a friend who is VP of education of the Culinary Institute in New York and as he has said that Ramsay is actually one of the best chefs in the world. One thing that he does is grow chefs within his organization and basically makes them partners in his restaurants when he expands. They have to maintain his standards to the letter and if anyone does not they are dropped like a bad habit. Ramsay has now found that the real money is in television and in the limelight and is prostituting himself out just like Emeril, Wolfgang Puck and all the other celebrity chefs. His angle is that he is the psycho chef and he is playing the part to its fullest.

I worked in the restaurant business when I was in college and I found that most Executive Chefs are psychotic when it comes to what comes out of their kitchens and they should be. It's when they are not is when the restaurant goes down the toilet. If the owner doesn't let them maintain the standards they set then they should move on.

As to why women find him sexy, it's probably because that he is probably a pretty nice guy once you get him out of the kitchen and I guess he isn't bad looking.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 14th, 2006, 01:53 PM
Admiral

"Hells Kitchen" is one of those shows that is like watching a train wreck, You don't want to watch it, but you find that you are drawn into it and can't turn away. I don't watch it all the time, i will catch it here and there.
I don't find Chef Ramsey sexy at all in the context of his show. I could see it under "normal" circumstances.
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaky77
I'm a fan, can't wait for the season finnaly tonight. I was rooting for Keith. I can't stand Heather, but I'll vote for her over Virgina anyday.

As for the appeal of Chef Ramsey.... I'll admit there is a bit of attraction. I think it's the accent, and the attitude.... I don't know, I also think Simon Cowell is a good looking man....

Erin

PS, ousoonerfan.... How is Baton Rouge treating you?
Eaky you seem to watch all of the shows I watch hey AI auditions are going on now. Chef Ramsey reminds me of every abusive husband that is seen on Maury. He called Sara a fat cow through the entire show and I was glad Keith told him off. Baton Rouge is ok I am getting in the grove again of being a TA after being away for 6 months it is different being in a walk in rather that internet. I am just trying to get a following. My older son seems to be doing better. I am bumed about the upcoming football season I doubt that I will get to see the Sooner play but I found a way to get the streaming video off the internet.
Old August 14th, 2006, 03:28 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

We do seem to watch a lot of the same things!! I watched the show last year too, and loved it. DH and I were waiting for it to come back.

I'm excited about all the auditions for AI. I've seen a lot of stories about it on Entertainment Tonight and such. Seems like it gets bigger every year. I always enjoy watching people make idiots out of themselves. I do tend to get embarrassed for them though....lol

I'm glad things are calming down for you. I bet it makes you feel a whole lot better with your son doing better. Hopefully you all can get back to normal, and start your lives in Baton Rouge!!

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:26 AM
First Mate

K-Grease was my favorite and Virginia was the best eye candy.
Fascination 7/07