Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Admiral

Default Apologies

Quite some time ago, I made a decision not to participate in nasty debates on this site or any other sites for that matter. Nobody ever win.

Yesterday, I got so frustrated with a reply from a CruiseMate that I got involved in a thread that the moderators did, and rightfully so, deleted.

If I offended any CruiseMates, I apologize.

Sincerely,

Bill
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Admiral

BW
We are free to interject our own feelings and comments. Sometimes a topic will just trigger us and we just HAVE to respond. No harm done, as well as it's well intentioned.
I sometimes find that after adding my two cents the posters delete or move it way down to oblivion by not responding. When that happens, I don't keep responding to no further comments and the post eventually fades away to page 2 and beyond.
Everyone has a right to speak, just not to be mean. I didn't see your post, but I can't picture you as a mean person.

Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Admiral

I did not see or remember seeing the post you are referring but I can understand your frustration. There are some people that just like to stir up trouble by posting things that get under your skin. They usually post something mean or controversial (sp) and then disappear. By then the damage is done.

Awhile back I had my feelings deeply hurt by another poster. I decided to take a break from the boards until I got some great advice from "a famous moose". He reminded me that this is an internet site and that we shouldn't take seriously what people say. We really don't know who is at the other end of the keyboard. After a heartwarming PM from this moose, I decided to come back. I am so glad I did. The people that I feel close and connected too certainly make up for the others.

I can tell that you are a wonderful person just by the fact that you are apologizing. Thanks for being you.
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Admiral

I can vouch for the fact that BW is a really nice guy. He's the only CrusieMate I have met in person, so far!
Bill, that was decent of you to apologize. For what, I don't know, I must've missed that post. I too get frustrated with certain posters who try to stir up trouble. I'm trying hard to ignore them.
The rest of the people here are too nice and too much fun for me to leave because of one or two...

donna
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Admiral

BW, what a guy! I sure can relate to knowing how hard it is to not respond to some of the stuff that gets under my skin around here. Fortunately it doesn't happen often, and I can usually control myself, but sometimes........

I don't believe that you shouldn't respond when something is offensive, but I understand how it can just keep a thread at the top and keep fueling the fire. Fortunately the moderators around here work hard to keep things calm, and relatively peaceful.

Phyll
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

BW.. best thing (though hard) is if you see a post that offends you, hit Report a Post, instead of the keyboard.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 15th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Just out of curiosity how many of my posts have been reported. I have a few extra fingers and toes if you need them. I agree sometimes you feel the need to get back. I alwas try and remember to not be the attacker. If you are attacked I find it best if I really feel the need to respond is to make the person look really stupid fro what they posted but it is best for to not even respond to the poster and theyfade away and you can keep your thread. but a heated debate is always fun. Then again you can send Kuki and Mike after them.
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Apologies

Gee, I must have missed whatever it was that was offensive. But I do know what you mean. Somebody just nailed me (on another board) for what they thought was a silly question.

Anyway, it takes a real adult to make an apology.

Judy
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Anyway, it takes a real adult to make an apology.
This is why I never apologize HAHAHAHAHA

The post I believe was on the carnival board cause I was involved but did not do the offending. BW just snapped on a guy and from what I see was uncharachteristic for him. believe it had to do with bring alcohol on board and he snapped at parrot bob or beach doug I forget but the thread disappeared.
Old August 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM
BEACH DOUG

I asked a question regarding a quote from some years ago that a long time celebrity made, and the whips and chains came out. It went something like... "didn't such and such say blah blah blah about that," referring to a previous posters inquiry.
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:03 PM
BEACH DOUG

Default Re: Apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW
Quite some time ago, I made a decision not to participate in nasty debates on this site or any other sites for that matter. Nobody ever win.

Yesterday, I got so frustrated with a reply from a CruiseMate that I got involved in a thread that the moderators did, and rightfully so, deleted.

If I offended any CruiseMates, I apologize.

Sincerely,

Bill
Old August 15th, 2006, 01:15 PM
BEACH DOUG

Default oops

This post was supposed to be a new thread!

Old August 15th, 2006, 11:42 PM
Admiral

A knock-down drag-out not instigated or fanned by moi truly....? imagine that.

I'm definitely having feelings of inadequacy.....

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008