Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2006, 05:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default NE, Northeast Get Together, Please read

Hi,
The date I was looking at is the weekend of September 30 October 1 either day. The next weekend I have my class reunion. Also to arrange the cruise on the lake we need at least 20 to get a group discount and the buffet. Not being sure if all want to do the cruise please let me know if you would rather do the cruise or do a restaurant. I will do what the majority want.
I can also help you find accommodations in the area if need be. Where I live and work there are no workshops scheduled so We will have 3 rooms at the main house available and the farmhouse will be available too. We rent the rooms to those attending the workshops here. We do not do meals but there is a small kitchen and limited cooking facilities. there is a large sunroom overlooking Webster Lake in which to dine. At the farm house the rooms can be rented seperately with shared common areas like the living room and the kitchen. Private beach available at both locations. Of course there are many other accommodations available in the area.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Sounds great Laura, I'll vote for the cruise! I'll check with hubby to see if it's do-able that weekend and let you know!

donna
Old August 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
First Mate

Laura

What price are we talking about?

Carnival Miracle
Old August 17th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Picture of the Mt. Washington on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Thanx for posting the pic Cheryl.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 18th, 2006, 09:31 PM
booboo4031

Hi Laura

Either day and either venue is OK for me. I'm from this area so it really have no preference.

Diane
Old August 18th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Admiral

As of right now that weekend works for me. I start my new job on August 28th and Saturdays are involved but will do my best to have that Saturday off. My husdand also will be coming. Either the cruise or the restaurant is fine by us.
Old August 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Yeoman

Default Northeast get together

I would be there in a New York minute, but we sail from Brooklyn on Sept. 30 on Crown Princess (9 days). If you go, enjoy. The lake is awesome. I will salute Lady Liberty for all of
you.

Betty
cruise #19 booked: Crown Princess, 9/30/06

cruise #20 booked: Carnival Liberty, 1/14/07
Old August 19th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Admiral

As of now it looks to be Saturday the 30th of September. So far I am not thinking we will have enough people To get the cruise and buffet with the discount. I will start checking restaurants . there are many really good restaurants in this area. I can still book the cruise though without the discount. I will call them today and see hwat the final price will be. Betty we will all be thinking of you, have a great cruise.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old August 19th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Laura, I do not know New Hampshire at all. Can you tell me which city with an airport is closest to where you want to go?

donna
Old August 20th, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Donna, Laconia has an airport but I am not sure they have commercial arrivals. Might check a TA. there is an airport in Concord about 25 miles south of here. not sure about them either. the main airport is Manchester about 40 miles south.

Laura
---Mark Twain

Old August 20th, 2006, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful time. The reason I have not posted with any imput, is that I had such a limited window of time available, It didn't seem fair.

I work on Saturdays, & my boss has his daughters wedding that weekend as it turns out, so I am minding the store.

I hope you all have the best time and raise a foo foo, for all of us who, wanted to, but couldn't join you!!! Oh, and we will need lots of pictures...
ready, aim shoot xoxoxoxoxoxox

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 21st, 2006, 05:14 PM
booboo4031

Donna

You can come into Manchester and drive up with me if you want. There are no commerical flights into Concord or Laconia. Manchester (MHT) is the closest with most of the major airlines coming in.

Diane
Old August 21st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Admiral

BooBoo, I'll keep that in mind! Keep me posted!

donna
Old August 22nd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

That day is good for me too. I'll probably just drive up for the day.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 22nd, 2006, 02:31 PM
Admiral

rollerdonna,

Can you tell me which city with an airport is closest to where you want to go?

As of right now, Manchester (MHT) is the only airport in New Hampshire with scheduled service by major carriers, and its flights are somewhat limited. It's about two hours from Lake Winnepsaukee by car. There was a resurrected Pan Am flying into the Pease World Tradeport in Newington a couple years ago, but I don't know whether it's still in business or not.

The following airports with commercial air service in neighboring states are also within about four hours by car.

>> Boston, MA (BOS)

>> Burlington, VT (BTV)

>> Portland, ME (PWM)

Hope this helps.

Norm.
Old August 22nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
booboo4031

Pan Am is no longer flying into Pease..
Old August 22nd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Donna,
Manchester is only 1 hour from Laconia by car. Easy to connect to interstate 93 from the airport and go north to Laconia.
Logan (BOS) is 2 hours from Laconia. Taking interstate93 from the airport to Laconia. Let me know what you are going to do and at the time I will give you more detailed instructions as to how to get to the dock at Weirs Beach.

Laura
---Mark Twain