Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2006, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Wendell Update

For those of you new to this site, Wendell is Keith's brother. Wendell is 78. At exactly the same time that Keith had brain surgery, Wendell contracted the West Nile Virus. Like his brother, Wendell almost died.

From May to January of 2004/5, Wendell was hospitalized. He has bed bed ridden for nearly the whole two and a half years. He came home Jan., 2005. He "graduated" to a wheel chair with lots of contraptions in between. He now uses a walker and can walk about 2000 ft. a day with it.

In order to continue more physical therapy. he was given four goals to achieve. I don't know what the first three were, but Wendell has achieved them. The fourth is to be able to stand for two minutes without touching anything. Wendell has that up to one minute.

Physical therapy has been the be-all and end-all for Wendell. He works very hard to walk again and have a normal life. In the family, we call Keith and Wendell "the miracle men."

More prayers for Wendell to walk, drive, and have a normal life again would be appreciated.

Judy
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:34 PM
First Mate

Default Wendell Update

Judy, being fairly new to the site, I hadn't heard about Wendell conditions. My prayers go to him and Keith. One of my DW cousins has cancer and has stopped taking cemo. and is just taking the pills. Therefore, I sort of know what you guys are going through.

Trust in God.

crabbie1
Old August 22nd, 2006, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Judy, Prayers for a full recovery for both Wendell and Keith on the way.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain