Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Thursday

Good Morning CruiseMates!! A lovely day dawning here in NH's beautiful Lakes Region. Work for me today. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to roheme

Hi, good midday from Azurean coast.
Dark sky and wind over Provence today ...
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning folks!!!! End of workweek for me

Not much going on except for work work work .

Everyone have a great day and when stressed out comtemplate this while humming the tune "Some Beach" by Blake Shelton:

Princess Cays

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Come on Friday! This week is just crawling for me. And then the weekend will fly!
Angela Z.
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Admiral

Good morning:

Just got back from my early morning walk. 7 degrees C or about 45 degrees F. Great for walking.

Last Sunday, we drove to Quebec city ( 8 hour drive) with our 12 & 15 year old grand-daughters and had one of our best vacation ever. Quebec city is like two cities into one. There is "Old Quebec" which was founded in 1608 and if you do the math, you`ll conclude that in another 2 years, it will be 400 years old. The old part is surrounded by a rather high wall. It was a originally a fortress. Also, the old part is very European in housing and streets.

The new part of Quebec city is as modern as you`ll find in North America.

We got back last night.

Saw a car sticker one time that said something to the effect: "If we had known grand-children were that much fun, we would have had them first`."

Bill
Old August 24th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

Not much going on today. The boss is out today, so I'll be able to get some work done without interruption. (I hope!)

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Mornin' from Houston area. I'm like the Little Engine That Could... I think I can, I think I can. It has been a long, busy week for me and I have been working extra hours everyday. Friday is sight, though. Keep a smile on your faces .
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old August 24th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Back from the trip to college. Everything went smoothly. The house is very quiet and empty feeling. Not loving it yet.

We toured Gettysburg on the way home. I'm quite ignorant about the Civil War, and decided to learn a bit about it. What a lovely little town Gettysburg is. I loved the walking tour of the town. I still feel under educated about this event in history - it is such a vast study, tho' I did learn some things. From Gettysburg we drove over to Lancaster County and spent the day in the Bird-in-Hand area - mostly eating, it seems. Another beautiful area. Now I'm home and reunited with my dog.

Haven't had time to check the message boards - hope only good things happened while I was away for a week or so.

Off to work - haven't been at my desk for about 2 weeks. I'm sure there will be lots to do. Then I have my son's ex-girlfriend coming for supper tonight, she heads off to college on Sunday, and wants one of her favorite meals before she heads back.

Hope you all have a good day,
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

7 Days Til My First Cruise - "SENSATION"AL

Have a great day!
OTown 8)
Old August 24th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
A cooler day in Beantown today, and nothing too much on my dance card. No cha cha for Trip.

I am now under the gun for my store newsletter, and I feel the need to bead, so that's it.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a chilly Montreal, at 12C it's only 53F! I sure hope it warms up later!
Had a nice dinner visit last night from my daughter who is on vacation this week, so had a little time to spare for dear old mom. She has decided not to go back to school this fall, which is disappointing, but she has good reasons.
I'm hoping she will change her mind by next semester.

Doug, thanks for another wonderful picture this morning. That is one of my best memories of the Caribbean Princess - Princess Cays!

donna
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Good morning, not from Orlando, but from San Antonio! Traveling on business for a few days. Yesterday was going well until I got to the hotel (Sheraton Gunter) and tried to check in to my confirmed smoking room that I booked through their website. I was informed they are nonsmoking hotel. Which is fine, but I like to be prepared. Long story short - they gave me a bar tab and bumped me up to concierge level - so I really can't complain now.

I have a meeting today for about 4 hours, then on my own to roam around Riverwalk. It has been about 15 years since I have been here, so this is almost like it is all new to me.

I have been so busy lately and espcially coming up - in the next three weeks before I cruise, I have two more business trips (Branson and Sacramento) and I am moving over Labor Day weekend. Boy am I ever going to need that criuse - especially since I get in from Sacramento the day before I leave.

Everyone have a great day!

Jodi
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.............there is a chill in the air today.......burrrrrrrrr...............suppose to be in the 80's for the weekend tho........sure hope so......

Not much going on today.......a few errands.......

Y'all have a good Thursday..............

Sharon
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sunshine this morning, after thunderstorms last night, in Calgary. Forecast is for some hot days near 90 F coming up.

A Costco run, and then in to work on tap for me for today.
Old August 24th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good morning friends. Saying "Hi" to all of you and hope all are doing well. Mike get back in the saddle soon my friend.

An update on my ills is forthcoming...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:20 AM
BEACH DOUG

A crappy day in the TC to kick off the best State Fair around.
Old August 24th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Thurday

Good morning from Southern California. Hot, hot, hot!

Doug, many thanks for the picture!
VtJen, glad you went to Gettysburgh. I thought it was a fascinating place.
Trip, I enjoyed chat last night.

Keith and I went to Newport Beach yesterday mainly to get away from the heat at home. Triple digits here and about 80 there . . . sunny and beautful. When I got out of my car, I got a whiff of food from the restaurant we were going to and of the ocean. Couldn't decide which I liked better!

Have a great day, everybody.

Judy
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to roheme

Good evening to all, I go to the soccer match Marseille Olympic vs Young Boys Berne.
French kiss by my team !!