CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Don't watch "The Wicker Man" Stupid, stupid movie! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/320192-dont-watch-wicker-man-stupid-stupid-movie.html)

sue September 5th, 2006 12:19 PM

Don't watch "The Wicker Man" Stupid, stupid movie!

Yesterday my dh and I went to the matinee and because Nicolas Cage is in it we went to see the Wicker Man. I don't think there was one person in that theater that liked the movie. I was asked at the end how I liked the movie<The guy indicated he hated it> and I just rolled my eyes up. This is one of the few movies I was upset I spent money on.

What's up with Nicolas Cage anyway? he is a great actor but has been in a lot of stupid movies lately.

dina September 5th, 2006 12:22 PM

Thank you for the review. It confirms what I thought when I saw the previews. Oh... another one of THOSE by him. The last movie of his that I actually liked was National Treasure. Everything else has been so depressing.

jonoxl September 5th, 2006 12:32 PM

Re: Don't watch "The Wicker Man" Stupid, stupid mo

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue
Yesterday my dh and I went to the matinee and because Nicolas Cage is in it we went to see the Wicker Man. I don't think there was one person in that theater that liked the movie. I was asked at the end how I liked the movie<The guy indicated he hated it> and I just rolled my eyes up. This is one of the few movies I was upset I spent money on.

What's up with Nicolas Cage anyway? he is a great actor but has been in a lot of stupid movies lately.

I'm going to see it anyway just to compare it to the original which I had to
watch a few times to fully understand. I don't think this version will be too demanding on my grey matter tho'. :roll:

skymaster September 5th, 2006 12:51 PM

IMO Hollywood hasn't made a decent movie in a long while. Just the same old Cr@p over, and over again. Violence, Sex, and Stupidity! No new ideas at all!!!! Well, now that I've vented,,,,I feel much better.

Ken

sue September 5th, 2006 05:52 PM

Ken I agree! Nothing out there worth spending a few bucks. To top it off my dh brought home a movie from the video store with Nicolas Cage in it and after 15 min of torture we turned it off. The entire family of 4 said it was very very stupid. It was called something "war" I think.

Maybe movie people think we are all just a bunch of dumb people? The last good movie I had seen was "Cinderella Man" and I don't even like boxing :wink: :wink:

Y2C September 5th, 2006 08:21 PM

Have to admit the movie industry takes titles from the past and remakes the movie. In my opinon very poorly.

Paul B September 5th, 2006 09:50 PM

I also wasted my time and money of "The Wicker Man!" DON'T GO!!
However, I thought "The Illusionist" was great.

richstacy September 5th, 2006 10:07 PM

Got it: No Wickerman. We have been meaning to see Cage's other new movie about 9/11, World Trade Center, I'm just not sure I'm up to it. It 's gotten very good reviews and apparently even Oliver Stone who ordinarily can't resist the temptation to modify history, didn't. Guess I'll just buck up and go see it , before 9/11.