Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday already?

Good Morning All, from Montreal, where it seems I am the first one up this morning! I can't believe it's Wednesday already! Yesterday, going back to work, was a bit of a blur...suffering from jet lag, allergies and a delayed hangover (?!)
Had a great long weekend in Nova Scotia, nice weather, and lots of driving around, not to mention sampling local wines in the evenings!

Hope everyone is fine, and that I didn't miss anything while I was gone, I'm still trying to catch up!

donna
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:43 AM
First Mate

YEAH!!! school starts today. I have a substitute teaching job until Oct 18 maybe it will go longer. Cant believe my son is going into the fourth grade,

Have a great day all.

Carnival Miracle
Old September 6th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Donna all all who follow!!!! We are having a division meeting to discuss "efficiences and changes in the way we do business". The rumor mill is burning up. I prefer not to participate in the paranoia. In case of the worst, I am also up in the front of the line for transfer to another Federal job becuase of my status as a Vietnam era Vet.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!

Duns River Falls, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a damp and drizzily day here in upstate NY, where it's another day closer to the beginning of football season. Can you tell I'm getting excited? Almost as excited as going on a cruise, but let's get real here folks!

Not much going on today. Just the way I like it.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. I'm hoping the afternoon rains hold off until after my son's swim meet this afternoon....somehow I just know if I burn a few hours of vacation time it'll get rained out!
Doug, hope the rumor mill doesn't make you nuts. Thanks for taking us to Jamaica this morning.
Angela Z.
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good Morning, from Texas!

Today it is off to work and then choir this evening. We are having a couple of days of nice weather, so I'm happy. It will be gone by the weekend, but I am sure enjoying it while I can.

Doug, I am glad that being a Vietnam Vet will count for something, for you. My husband is also a Vietnam veteran.

Make it a good day, everyone
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 6th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
Rain, and more rain. My yard looks like a jungle ...lol
Finally getting some rest from our trip to Ohio. It was cold and rainy to.
Well, cold to us Florida folks , 50 degrees. It wouldn't be so bad if the sun was out.
The scrapbook store is open ( while we were away)
Wow is it beautiful. I have to work a few nights.
I may not get into the evening chat some due to the late hours.
Everyone have a great day.
Carole 8)
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
The sun is shining in Avon Park, FL and it's in the mid-70's. Like AngelaZ our rains have been coming, sometimes heavily, in the mid to late afternoon hours.
Doug- I must really have been on a lot of Western Caribbean cruises because I recognized Dunns River Falls before seeing the caption! Actually, I've only been there once and observed the climbers from a patio off the side of the obligatory souvenir shop!!

Not too much going on out of the ordinary today. Our big church news is that our choir director who had the 2 surgeries and will be starting chemo at the end of the month, will be at choir practice tonight and will play in church next Sunday. She's been in church in the pew the last two Sundays. Hurray! She's a fighter!

Bye for now. Enjoy your day!! Lynne

Ruby Princess
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Good morning from muggy Florida....nothing much to tell from this end of the world. That's a good thing!

have a good day mates
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Cruisemates from Central Texas where the morning is cool. It sure is a welcome change from the last couple of months.

I planned our next cruise last night. We had debated doing the Liberty to Panama next summer when hubby comes home, but they want to do Conquest again. "But Mom, we wanted to do that cool excursion we heard about." So, we have decided on 10th of June 07 on the Conquest. Will use the money that we would have used for air fare for upgrades of our rooms.

Not much going on today.

Have a great one.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone. Have a great day.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 6th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

The skies were very grey when I first woke up, but now the sun is peeking out, and the neighborhood is awash in a golden glow. A break in the clouds, before the rains begin. It is lovely. Yesterday the sun shone for a bit in the morning, but then the clouds rolled in and the day was very overcast. I like the sun!

Off to work. Lots to do to finish up the fiscal year, then back home to teach a one-on-one Bible study.

Tonight - the Red Sox of course. Glad to see the team getting well. So many shut outs last night, pretty crazy.

Doug, the Falls look great!
Lynne - glad to hear your choir director is gaining strength. Our choir director suffers from MS.
Carole - I bet the new store is fantastic!
Luanne - glad you all have that cruise to look forward too. It will help the days fly by. It is always good to have something to look forward to.

Lovely Day to you all,
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2gonow
Good Morning, from Texas!

Today it is off to work and then choir this evening. We are having a couple of days of nice weather, so I'm happy. It will be gone by the weekend, but I am sure enjoying it while I can.

Doug, I am glad that being a Vietnam Vet will count for something, for you. My husband is also a Vietnam veteran.

Make it a good day, everyone
Let me make it clear that I am a Vietnam Era vet, not a Vietnam vet. The Air Force chose to send me to Germany during that time. All the slots in Vietnam in my career field were spoken for well in advance.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where the sun is shining. Don't know how long it will last, but it sure is nice right now.

Doug, I was thinking about you when I heard the news that there had been a bus accident on the way into NYC. I'm real glad to see your post!

Carole, we'll miss your frequent visits in chat. It must feel great to have such a nice new store to work in. Stop into chat as often as you can.

Lynnne, that is good news to hear about your choir director. I hope she continues to improve and doesn't have too many bad side effects from the rest of her treatments.

Congratulations on the cruise booking, Luanne.

Welcome back RD. Did you see any interesting property in Nova Scotia?

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........sun is out......gonna be a nice day......still no rain in sight.......

Not much going on today...........

Y'all have a good Wednesday............

Sharon
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Admiral

Phyll, yes.

donna
Old September 6th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Mrs. Kuki made it home last night, and I was kind enough to pick her up at the airport

She was BEAT from a 24 hr travel day.

Another day in the 80s F for Calgary, so I'm headed to work... but for the morning only, and then off to the golf course!
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Houston is coooool this morning! Orthro visit this afternoon and I just got a telephone call from the apartment management and I can have my belongings moved from my apartment because someone is leasing it so I don't have to pay for a place where I don't live anymore!! But I have to do something in a couple of months... Yesterday was a day of soreness all day but today is better. I'll let you in on the news after the appointment...

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:12 PM
Familiar Face

Good late morning from a cloudy and cool northern MN. Yesturday it was 90 and today it's jacket time.

I'm waiting for a new stove to be delivered. Guess there'll be no cooking as gas won't be hooked up until early evening. Oh well, everyone needs a break once in a while.

Everyone have a great day!

Karen
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Admiral

Good Morning Mates!
Autum is coming much too fast around here! some trees are already starting to turn color. That is about 1 month ahead of schedule. All signs are pointing toward a long, cold, snowy winter here, the squirrels are very busy, lots of nuts around(wait let me rephrase that ) lots of acorns around. Time to winter fertilize the lawn and plant perenial bulbs.
Its good to hear from the "Mikes"
Old September 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday Already?

A late good morning from Southern California. Yet another hot one . . . no rain here.

Gym day for Keith. Ironing for me. Lunch in an Italian restaurant later.

Have a good day, all.

Judy