CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   You might be a redneck (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/320310-you-might-redneck.html)

Floridanamaw September 7th, 2006 10:52 PM

You might be a redneck

According to Jeff Foxworthy: You might be a redneck if your idea of cruising means circling the Dairy Queen (wanna go in the other direction for a while, hon) Now there is a guy that can wear a pair of JEANS!! He can sit at my table any time he wants to. Great story on him in Readers Digest this month.

skymaster September 8th, 2006 10:08 AM

Did you know that Jeff worked at IBM before he got into standup? I too worked there, but unfortunately, never met Jeff. Can you imagine a cruise where you had as table mates Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Ron White, and the other guy (I'm drawing a blank on his name). What a hoot that would be! :shock:

Ken

Floridanamaw September 8th, 2006 11:01 AM

The other guy is Bill Engvall. I would love to have them at my table. I wouldn't be able to eat for laughing. It would be great!! LOL

skymaster September 8th, 2006 07:34 PM

Oh yes,,Bill Engvall. I should have remembered his name as he's played the Lakeland Civic Center just recently. They say he really put on a great show. (I should have gone I guess)
Thanks for refreshing my feeble memory! Thank God that's the first thing to go! :roll:

Ken

Rev22:17 September 10th, 2006 01:46 AM

Floridanamaw,

According to Jeff Foxworthy: You might be a redneck if your idea of cruising means circling the Dairy Queen....

The other day, I noticed a "You might be a Redneck if..." calendar. One of the criteria: "... you go hunting in your front yard."

Norm.

Mike M September 10th, 2006 09:13 AM

Norm:

I have shot many "a critter" from my front and back yard and I own a number of suits and tuxedos. :wink:

Take care,
Mike

skymaster September 10th, 2006 09:54 AM

The latest one I've heard is: You might be a redneck, if getting up to go to the bathroom at night involves flip-flops and a flashlight.

Ken

DougR. September 10th, 2006 10:55 AM

Heard a one by Foxworthy on the radio yesterday:

If you think the last 4 words of the National Anthem are "gentlemen start your engines" you might just be a redneck.

dawcruiser September 10th, 2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M
Norm:

I have shot many "a critter" from my front and back yard and I own a number of suits and tuxedos. :wink:

Take care,
Mike

Mike,

I am lost what do you mean? Just because you own a few suits and tux you can't be a redneck? Being a redneck has more to do with your outlook on life not how you dress.

I own a few suits and 1 tux and preached to 175 folks this morning in church and I still consider myself a redneck. Rednecks are just fun loving-carefree folks who don't let other pressure them into acting differently than they want. Our nation needs a few more rednecks in my thinking.

Don

crabbie1 September 10th, 2006 03:36 PM

You might be a redneck

You might be a redneck if you have your refrigerator on your front porch.

If your idea of a Sunday outing means going to Wal-Mart, you might be a redneck.

Stand up and be counted - rednecks !!!!!!!

crabie1

Lightsluvr September 10th, 2006 05:42 PM

Ya might be...

If the hood of your truck is higher than the roof of your house, you might be a redneck...

LL

crabbie1 September 10th, 2006 07:37 PM

You might be a redneck

If you go to a family reunion to pick up chicks....you might be a redneck.

You might be a redneck if you have to shoo the chickens off the table before setting the table for dinner.

crabbie1

The Cruise Guy September 10th, 2006 09:57 PM

If you think manual labor is a mexican farm worker-----you may be a redneck.

If your mowing your lawn and find the "65 chevy" you misplaced 5 years ago-----you might be a redneck.

If you wear a clean bowling shirt and a new John Deer hat to a formal dinner-----wellllllllllll.

skymaster September 11th, 2006 11:16 AM

Hey Cruise Guy! That's what I always wear on formal night aboard ship. (Norm loves it when I do that!)

Ken

megs1787 September 11th, 2006 02:36 PM

You might be a redneck if you bring along your own bottle of salad dressing to a nice restaurant. Not to mention wearing your best nascar hat and matching jacket! :!:
This, unfortunately, was done by one of my relatives at my grandmothers birthday dinner!

ready2gonow September 11th, 2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megs1787
You might be a redneck if you bring along your own bottle of salad dressing to a nice restaurant. Not to mention wearing your best nascar hat and matching jacket! :!:
This, unfortunately, was done by one of my relatives at my grandmothers birthday dinner!

:D I would have thought that PA would be too far north for a redneck. (Coming from a TRUE Texan!) Did he marry into the family?

megs1787 September 11th, 2006 04:33 PM

We have our share of rednecks up here in PA! He did marry into the family, but is still originally from PA. I guess redneck is just in his blood. LOL

Cruise Cynic September 13th, 2006 06:26 AM

My wife says that the Tamil word "godeya" means unsophisticated country people.

I guess there are Rednecks (I mean godeyas) in Sri Lanka.....