Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anybody remember "The Anna Nicole Show" her older

The 20-year-old son of Anna Nicole Smith died suddenly in the Bahamas on Sunday, three days after the former Playboy Playmate gave birth to a girl, Smith's attorney said.

A statement from Howard K. Stern, Anna Nicole Smith's attorney, did not provide any details of Daniel Smith's death, and he declined to comment when contacted by Reuters.

"We have yet to learn the cause of death but do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor," Stern said in the statement. "Anna Nicole is absolutely devastated by the loss of her son. He was her pride and joy and an amazing human being."

Daniel Smith was in the Caribbean nation where his mother, 38, gave birth to a healthy girl on Thursday, Stern said.

He appeared in "The Anna Nicole Show," a reality TV series that aired on the E! cable channel.

Since being named Playboy's Playmate of the Year in 1993, the former Vicki Lynn Hogan from Mexia, Texas, has never been far from the public spotlight. In 1994, she married wheelchair-bound oil tycoon J. Marshall Howard, 89, after meeting him at a strip club.

His death, after 14 months of marriage, triggered a legal battle over his estate between Smith and his son, E. Pierce Marshall. Earlier this year, she won a U.S. Supreme Court decision giving her another chance to collect millions of dollars. Pierce Marshall died in June.

Smith has not said who fathered her second child
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I watched her show a few times, and saw her son, and always felt sorry for him.

I trust he is in a better place tonight. My prayers are with the family, for surely there are special ones for the clueless.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 12th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

I know I just heard on morning news. this is so sad. my prayers are with her.

Old September 12th, 2006, 09:06 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Eaky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I watched her show a few times, and saw her son, and always felt sorry for him.

I trust he is in a better place tonight. My prayers are with the family, for surely there are special ones for the clueless.

Luanne

Actually Luanne, Daniel was very much a part of Anna Nicole's life. She loved him very much, if you saw the show, you would have seen that. He was very loved, and very well taken care of. He was a happy, smart, wonderful boy who loved his mother very much. It was so sad to hear this news. Unless I am reading your statement wrong, I think it's kind of rude to say what you have.

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
10-02-05 Valor My favorite yet!
10-23-04 Triumph (Honeymoon of my dreams)
12-24-94 Holiday
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Erin, I think Luanne's statement is a reflection of the mother, not the son. Some of her decisions she has made and her antics on her show would be considered questionable, by some of us. I don't doubt that she loved her son very much and that he loved his mother. I heard this morning that he died from a massive heart attack. My prayers go out to the family for their loss.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:34 AM
First Mate

I guess I get more offended than most. This poor lady just lost her son. To anyone, that would be the worst thing imaginable. Regardless of how she acts....... she also had a horriable childhood, which is why she acts the way she does at times. If I took it in the wrong context, I am sorry..... I just know this is the worst thing that could happen to someone, and I took offence.... sorry if it is my mistake.

Erin

I'll just stay out of this!
09-24-06 Destiny
12-24-94 Holiday
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I didn't mean to offend. I too feel very bad for her loss. I would not want anyone to loose a child.

The reason I said what I did was indeed her lifestyle.

Many people have bad childhoods, but your first thought is not to be a playboy Bunnie, and some of the other things she choose to do. I actually felt sorry for her, before this happened. I have seen interviews with some of her relatives in Mexia, and they are embarrassed as well.

My goal in life are our children. I think it is important that all children have someone they can look up to, and not be embarrassed.

Sorry if my words hurt anyone. That was not my intent.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:15 AM
First Mate

Last thing I will say on the subject, then I am off to deal with more important things. How do you know that her son was embarrassed? So what if she posed naked, that makes her a bad person? She provided very well for her son. I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Just because she wasn't the cookie cutter mom, doesn't mean she was a bad mother. (yes she has had her moments of not doing the right things, but who hasn't?) If her family is embarrassed, it should be because THEY were the ones that stopped talking to her. I've follwed her since she was a Guess model. She had her son very early in life, and all that matters is they both loved eachother very much......Like I said, we will have to agree to disagree....

Erin
09-24-06 Destiny
12-24-94 Holiday
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo
I didn't mean to offend. I too feel very bad for her loss. I would not want anyone to loose a child.

The reason I said what I did was indeed her lifestyle.

Many people have bad childhoods, but your first thought is not to be a playboy Bunnie, and some of the other things she choose to do. I actually felt sorry for her, before this happened. I have seen interviews with some of her relatives in Mexia, and they are embarrassed as well.

My goal in life are our children. I think it is important that all children have someone they can look up to, and not be embarrassed.

Sorry if my words hurt anyone. That was not my intent.

Luanne
These without sin cast the first stone

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Yeoman

People say someone is in "a better place" when they die of cancer ... because that person may have been suffering.

But this was an apparently healthy young man with his life ahead of him. How is he in a "better place"?

I am with Erin on this one, and I think maybe the remark was made without much thought.

Does the poster truly believe that children whose parents are not the perfect role models are better off dead?
That's ludicrous.

Poor Anna Nicole Smith, celebrating the birth of child, then so quickly after that losing another child.