Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Default Anyone in Global Vacation Network?

Just looking for information about this network. My Dad and step-Mom just bought into it and all us kids get to use it, too. Discounted cruises could get me in trouble!! Just wondering if anyone has been in the network and what you thought of it? Thanks!!

Kris

Carnival Triumph- 1st Cruise!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Kris,

I have never heard of it. Tell us more.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 19th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

I just looked at the web site. It seem to be a "buy into" somthing like a time share with different levels.
I don't think I would like this, it is to confining for our life style.
We have friends that bought into time shares in Hawaii, Very expensive!
Old September 19th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I looked through the site and especially the cruise portion. None of the cruise prices are very good at all. Perhaps with some credits after a number of cruises you may get a deal but otherwise you are being overcharged.

The current Preferred Member Cruise that is offered on 1/14/07 on Carnival Victory has outside cabins for $500.00 plus taxes of $202.73 for $702.73. A large cruise agency is offering the same cruise for $619 for the total cost.

I think I would look at another alternative unless there was something really big that I missed.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

In all honesty, I have not found any kind of time share club that includes cruises to to have very good prices on cruises. And there are many out there. In other words, based on what you pay for "points" in the time-share community, the number of points you end up spending to get on a cruise ship is not as good a value as if you were to just buy the cruise.

If you are interested in a cruise time-share operation you can join the Carnival Vacation Club which is cruise-only and allows you to choose from among all the ships in the World's Leading Cruise Lines fleet. (that being: Carnival, Princess, Holland America, Cunard, Seabourn, Windstar, Costa, P&O, Aida and a few more...).

My understanding is that some people who researched the CVC last year didn't think it was such a great deal (mostly due to complications in using the same points for the different brands within the Carnival Corp. family). However, last I heard, many of those issues have been worked out and it is now a much more workable program.
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Passenger

I'm interested because apparently I have access to it because my Dad and Step Mom have bought into it. I didn't think the cruise prices looked that good, either. I was told we could get inside cabins for $350 pp. But that's with out the taxes and so on apparently.
I was kinda hoping someone here knew a bit about their land vacation options and the facilities they offer as rentals. I now, it's the wrong place to ask about land vacations but...
Thanks for all of your input!!

Kris

Carnival Triumph- 1st Cruise!!