Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Admiral

Default The Amazing Race!

...is back again! We don't watch a whole lot of reality shows (altho I confess we also watch The Apprentice) but this one really keeps our attention with the different types of people they find and the exciting tasks they have to do all over the world! Much better than Survivor (my own opinion!) where they just stand with their hand on a stick to see who lets go first!

My initial hope for the winner is for the athletes who run triathalons, especially since the gal has an artificial leg! It's also heart warming to see the father & daughter team who didn't speak for 8 months (because she announced she was gay) go through these struggles together!

Anyone else HOOOKED?????

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jean,
I'm right there with you, one of the few I enjoy each week along with Survivor. A very much varied group this time, should be interesting.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Admiral

When Phil said at the beginning that only Eight of the pitstops would be eliminations, I knew that one other team had to be eliminated another way to get down to three teams at the end.

I didn't find many teams to root for. I am glad that the two that got eliminated are gone; I have a couple more that I would like to see go soon.

I was really rooting for the triatheletes until she started using her "handicap" to try to help their cause (e.g., with taxi cab). The first time, it might have been innocuous. Doing it twice leads me to think she will keep trying to use it just like the short gal a couple of years ago.

I wonder why there wasn't a token older couple (this show always seems to have lots of tokens). Maybe there is going to be a lot more grueling physical challenges like last night.

I found a good spoiler site if anyone is interested. Don't want to post here in case some don't have much willpower.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I must confess that I watch several reality shows. This has been a good week for me, with Survivor and Amazing Race both beginning.

I am with you Marc. That was going to be my favorite couple, but was turned off by the handicap ploy.

Did you see the first two guys to be voted off, when they were in the airport? Why would the man not shake hands with the girl? He said it was religion, but did not explain.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 20th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Admiral

I don't know why that guy wouldn't shake hands with the woman, but shucks, Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal won't shake hands with anyone, and it's not due to his religion, he is just a germ-a-phobe, but no one cares!

Guess we all have our little tics....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas