Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Good Morning Friday

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Looks like it will be a typical fall day here in NH's beautiful Lake Region. I think I will work 5 hours this morning and take time to take Patty out for a while. Have a great day CruiseMates!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's foggy and chilly outside this morning, but I would trade that any day for what we are going to get this weekend. Occasional showers for tomorrow, but heavy rain and thundershowers forecast for Sunday. Time to get the rain gear out! Oh well!

It's been a quiet week for me, but DW has had a terrible week at work. It always coincides with her boss taking vacation. The "children" do not play well together, so all of the problems seem to come to a head when she is running things. At least it's Friday!

Hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Guess I'm too early for a Doug photo?
Hope everyone has a great day. No big weekend plans coming up...sometimes those are the best ones.
Angela Z.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Everyone! Still crazy at work but the end is in sight and things are winding down. I need a cruise!!!!

Hope Everyone has a great day!!!

Doug Getting What He Deserves
Williamsburg Va

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:18 AM
First Mate

Good morning All

Thank goodness it's Friday.

Vacation now for me....a week to prepare my cruise on the 30th aboard the Caribbean Princess. I can hardly wait til I'm lounging and soaking up the sun...then dancing the night away in the disco.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Good Morning Cruisemates!

Good Morning!

Another beautiful day in Ohio...can we keep this weather forever? !

I'm off to School to sing, sing, sing!

Will be having lunch with the Grandkids and then off to get their pictures taken. Kira will be one on October 10th and Jaden is 5! Have I said lately how beautiful they are? Jaden loves Kindergarten. When asked by his parents how School was, he replied,"They left me outside all day!"

And then one day when asked about School, he replied,"I was the only one there!"

Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning from Missouri,where in our part is is rainning and turned cool.
No special plans here for the weekend.May grab a book,build a fire and just relax.At my age ,one is allowed to do that
Y'all have a GREAT weekend
Old September 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Looking grey at the moment, tho' they say the sun is going to shine. I hope it warms up a bit as it is only 46 at the moment.

Yesterday finished up all my office work for the week. Came home dusted, vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, finished the laundry, washed the dog and made supper (with left overs for tonight, unless dh decides to wine and dine me, then left overs for Sat).

I'm way behind in paper work here for my job, but my printer is not working so I have to wait until dh can take her apart and fix her. I think this is the last time. Next time she breaks down, she's a goner. I have reports due at the end of next week, so hopefully he gets it fixed this weekend as I will have the whole month to do in one week. Yikes.

Not much going on today - son's ex girl friend is in town she will come and spend the morning here so she can do homework and laundry and such. This will encourage me to finish the scrapbook project I have to get done and in the mail by next Friday. A dozen teapots - 6 identical in a Patriotic theme, and 6 identical in a Harvest theme. I seam to be lacking in ideas at the moment.

Tomorrow I have the yearly Diabetes Walk. I hope the rain holds off and that we have a lot of walkers and they have raised a lot of money. It is a great cause.

Ed - sorry your wife had a hard week at work, maybe her weekend will
be fabulous to make up for it
Laura - say "Hi" to Patty for us
Doug - too funny - I've wanted to go to Williamsburg my whole life, who
knows if it will ever happen
Merry - so glad you live close so you can enjoy those grandchildren

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:00 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone. There's an old expression that fits the weather this morning but I can't say it or I'd have to delete it. Let's just say it's raining like a Bovine, relieving itself on a flat, igneous material.

The grandkids are going to be here today so I should still be sleeping. Reiker (boy, 11 mos.) is now walking but chooses to crawl at a blinding speed, is a handful. Thank heavens for those retractable leashes. I'm glad Kramer doesn't mind sharing his, or his kennel.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
Wheee there is a chill in the air in Florida. It feels good for a change.
It won't last though, back up to the 80* by the weekend.
I see we have a few more folks put their pictures in the gallery for Century. Gaile & Harry, Marylou & Gary, Paul & Lou Ann, April,
Larry & Sharon,Wendy & Jerry.

Keep them coming gang. I want to see all of you there.
It is now 98 days to go. :o
Everyone have a good weekend.

GO BUCS I hope they can win this one,Carolina Panthers.
Carole 8)
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Good Morning to all,

It is a beautiful day here in Myrtle Beach
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Familiar Face

Good Morning Mates. It looks like it's going to be a very rainy day for us today. DH has to get a new boat cover so it looks like we'll be doing some shopping. Again.

Not much planned for the weekend unless the sun comes out. It's time to start storing the summer stuff.

Everyone have a great day and funfilled weekend.

Karen
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:26 AM
Passenger

I am going to be shopping as well to cover my 14 ft bass boat, if you find any deals online let me know.
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:36 AM
Admiral

A special good morning this morning to all of us Double Digit Midgets! Isn't that exciting!! A whole lot better than the over 365 days we started with!

It's another cool one here in Montreal, 11C (51F) but that's ok because last night I went shopping and bought myself a nice new PURPLE polar fleece jacket, nylon-lined to keep out the wind.

Doug, your pic this morning reminded me of my gynecologist's office. He has photographs all over his waiting room of Williamsburg Virginia! I don't know why.

Mike, I remember when I first came on CruiseMates and you made comments about your Hard Liquor and Handguns Daycare, I knda wondered about you! But now your comments about keeping the little one on a retractable leash just make me laugh!

Have a great weeekend everyone, I'll be glad when this week is over!

donna
Old September 22nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Admiral

Hey Donna, The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are single digit migets! Two days! I'm going to think about packing any day now. See you aboard the Century too!

Ken
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Can I tell you just how upset I am, it's the LAST day of summer

No more heat or humidity till we get to FLL in Dec, for the cruise, although when we crusied the NY eve Golden, when we got back to port, we saw our breath! As we entered into the terminal, the man welcomed everyone
to Alaska! [oy]

I may venture out to see if I can get that new Tickle me Elmo doll, for Aiden. The little bugger will be turning 3 in Oct!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Good morning, all!

I overslept this morning. I must have been resting really well . The alarm was going off for 40 minutes before something caused me to stir. DH c-pap was too close to my ear so all I was hearing was whooooooosh of the air. Must be a good white noise. I didn't have time to dilly-dally so I was ready in no time and still had time to get a quick bite of breakfast with DH before coming to work.

We are off in the RV today with the local Good Sam club. I'm ready to be out of Dodge for a couple of days, even though rain is in the forecast.

Mike, I just love your sense of humor! It is always unpredictable and just keeps me rolling!

Everyone have a great weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 22nd, 2006, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida where they say we will reach 90 but less muggy
Just got off the phone with the travel lady, we booked the Thanksgiving cruise. I love the ports, not sure about Carnival but hey we will see. I booked 2 cabins, one for us and one for the girls. But we might not take them, we will see Its still a long ways away and we might go back to Africa next year then we can't do the cruise. But at least we are booked
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning from rainy WI. We are taking the train down to the big windy city this afternoon. It'll be a weekend dodging rain, but we'll make the best of it. I"ve got the cards in the bag and the cribbage board. It's time to relearn some of those old games.

Doug, I love your pictures.
Mike, you make me laugh too. And Merry, your pictures are always great to see in the morning. I've really enjoyed reading all the good morning threads today. We have a great family here!!!!!!!

I'm envious of all the grandkids. I got a letter the other day for the meeting of my god-child at the Head Start center in Florida. I can't wait to get down there and play grandma for a little bit. :-)

Bon Voyage to those of you lucky enough to be cruising this weekend. Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Brisk would be the opertative word for Calgary weather today. High's approaching 60F.

It's only a half day of work for me today, and since it's cool for golf... not much on my agenda. Maybe an afternoon nap
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Friday

Good morning from an ov ercast Southern California. Not for long, tho'. Tomorrow is the first day of Fall, and it will be 90 degrees! Sounds very wet every place else. Guess I don't want to give up the shorts and t's quite yet.

Mike, too funny!
Doug, I have one of those Williamsburg pics, as well.
Merry I like your "merry" posts.

My mother celebrated her 90th birthday yesterday.

So we're DDM's . . . wow, that'll fly by quickly, won't it? I bought new walking shoes yesterday for the cruise. Gotta start putting away summer things before we go to Arizona in October. Gym day for Keith, finish the ironing for me.

Have a good day, everyone.

Judy
Old September 22nd, 2006, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Morning..it still is here............from the Pacific Northwest.......'puter still isn't working right so just got on to check things......

Had fog this morning.......airport was ok tho......suppose to be back into the 70's for the weekend.....

Only 7 days 6 hours......but who's counting.....til Mercury.....I am READY for it!!!!!

Y'all have a great friday............

Sharon