Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:41 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Rise and Shine Kiddies!!!

Good Morning all!!! It is hell week, the last before the end of the Federal fiscal year, but I am well ahead of the game this year, hopefully there will be no big suprises.

Hope everyone has a great day and wouldn't you rather see this sunrise today:

Sunrise over St Thomas

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Captain

Good morning everyone,
Doug, I would like to see that sunshine in a month or two. Right after the fall foliage and the trees are looking bare.

I am going apple picking with my son and his school. Time to make an apple cake.

Good day all,
Karne
Old September 25th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando. Doug, that sunrise looks much nicer than the one I'll be seeing over the 408 and the 417 in a few minutes.
How can it Monday again so soon?
Angela Z.
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:10 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a dark and gloomy morning here in Western NY, and I'm not talking about the weather. Yeah, the Bills lost another game, and unfortunately, I had to see it in person.
DW did not go to the game because the day before, her mother had a broblem in her groin, and the MD in the clinic thought it may have been a strangulated hernia, but could not get her in to get a CT. So yesterday morning, she had the scan and other tests which revealed an infected lymph gland. A few days ago, MIL tripped and bruised her toe very badly, and the Doc thinks the infestion went up her leg to the lymph gland. So now she's on Cipro to combat the infection. Never a dull moment!

It's another Monday, so it's time to go to work.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Gloomy here just like Ed - due to the Red Sox losses, the Pats loss and the weather is dull and grey. At least the winds have gone. They took lots of the leaves with them, the colors are not going to be very great this year. What a disappointment. DH got called out in the afternoon - even tho' he wasn't on call. Too many outages due to the wind for one crew to take care off - it will help pay the monthly college bills. He starts his normal on call today.

Got my printer working so will be putting nose to the grindstone this morning and really try to get things done - a month of financial paper work in a week. Also have to make a dish as tonight is the monthly women's meeting at Church - we have a potluck and meeting each month. Also have a wake to attend for a church members brother. He had throat cancer.

Yesterday was noneventful - church, then a late breakfast, then the Red Sox game then later on the Pats. It wasn't pretty. Oh, and cleaning up after the dog, who kept throwing up on the living room carpet. Thank God for shampooers.

SIL informed me they are going on a cruise in Feb. But due to the fact I don't know when my jaw surgery will be scheduled I can't book anything.
I'm trying not to be depressed about it, but it is getting hard.

Ed - hoping your mil has a speedy recovery.

Hope you all have a great day,
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning .
Beautiful picture,and would I ever like to see a sunrise that beautiful!
It's starting to dry out in our area after all the heavy rains we've had.
Y'All have a wonderful day!
From the Show Me State
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is nice and cool, but the sun is not up yet. I love your picture Doug.

Yesterday was filled with cleaning, organizing, and football. What a great game that was with Cincinnati, and the Steelers.

Hubby has less than a week now. I have taken the week off, and we have something planned each day. Updated Powers of Attorney. Wills, Insurance, my passport. I get a free one, so that's not to bad. This is the first year that the kids are put as beneficiaries. The rest of the time, we will just spend together. His diet is going well, and his numbers are very low, so no problems there.

I hope that all of you are well today. Have a good one!!

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

Good morning all CM's
another beutiful day in Florida.
Lots to do today, sea ya !!
Carole 8)
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Cruisemates!

Doug, what an awesome picture to start my day with. The day here in the Houston/Galveston area will be beautiful today, but I'm moving a little slowly. Went to bed with a headache last night and I'm not quite with the program.

Ed, I hope your MIL is better soon.
Luanne, you and your husband are in my thoughts.

Well, I'm off to work, ready or not .

Make it a great day, everyone!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Bright and sunny here, and that deserves a big yayay! Not much on my dance card today. Want to cha cha?

Doug, if I close my eyes, and concentrate real hard, I can almost hear my waiter say, and, for you M'am? <Sigh> December cannot come soon enough for this chikita, I need it bad Keep em coming, if you run out, we will all pitch in to get you on a cruise

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 25th, 2006, 08:26 AM
First Mate

Good morning Everyone.

Bright and Sunny here in Toronto, but darn chilly. I don't think the sun will last all day. We're expecting showers this afternoon.

I'm on holidays this week, preparing for my cruise on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal where it's a might bit chilly at 8C (46F).
Yesterday it was unusually warm and humid, but I felt like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz - the winds were so strong! I tried hanging laundry out on the line, but it just kept blowing away!

Doug, I'll never see a sunrise like that, even on a cruise because you'll never find me up that early!

Jen, we had alot of power outages here too yesterday. Also alot of leaves fallen before they had a chance to turn colour!

fasteddie, good luck to your mother-in-law.

Sailing gal, enjoy the apple picking. I too am going apple picking this week with the daycare kids, Wenesday, I think.

Have a great Monday everyone!

donna
Old September 25th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates!! Thanks for the great pic this morning Doug. That is the second beautiful sunrise I saw today. My employer came knocking at my door this morning to tell me to go to the great room and see the gorgeous sunrise over Webster Lake. It was stunning a bright red glow over the lake that was smooth as glass. That and the foliage made a beautiful sunrise. Day off for me today. I am meeting friends for lunch. Have a great day CruiseMates.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 25th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Good morning from WI where I have enjoyed the beautiful sunrise that we've been having this morning. Nothing as spectacular as the one you posted, Doug. That is awesome!

Ed, I'll keep your MIL in my prayers. Hope she doesn't have any further complications.

Not too much on my calendar today except a trip to the doctor. Hopefully she'll tell me I'm as good as I feel. :-)

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida. The weekend was busy and great. Went to Sanibel with dh to go to the Spa and afterwards we went to the cheesecake factory. wow that food was good! Besides the $500 from church my dh called me this morning and someone else donated another $500. I am hoping we can get the money together that is needed to finish the kitchen as they have to take in 8 more kids.

Have a wonderful day. I have to go to the post office and my dh is coming home early today and tonight ministry classes.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates. A busy weekend with family. And today it's back to work. Yesterday we hit the 70s F in Calgary.. so a bit of Indian Summer here.

Guess my "15 minutes of fame" isn't quite over yet, as today the local newspaper did a feature "profile" on me. They had googled me, and found me here at CruiseMates... so made that part of the story.

I didn't include a link because you have to register to get to that part of their website.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........the weather has changed to warm again.....mid to upper 70's for the week.........a nice change.....

Well......it's Monday so laundry is calling my name yet again........

Four more days!!!! Yeah!!!!!

Y'all have a good Monday...............

Sharon
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Good morning.

Its going to be a partly cloudy cold day in Detroit area. I guess summer is really really over. HAHAHA

How about those Tigers?

Have a great day everyone.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old September 25th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Admiral

Default Monday, Rise and Shine Kikddies!

Good morning from sunny Southern California, albeit a late one. Hot, hot, hot predicted all week.

Doug, nice picture. Can't wait til December! Our sunrises in SoCal are very colorful because of the big fire in the Los Padres Mtns.

I forgot to tell everyone what happened on Sat. When I put my hand on the car door to get in, a skunk ran by! A full grown one, too. Why he didn't spray, I don't know. I was very lucky that time.

Gym day for Keith, laundry for me. Lunch at the local Mexican restaurant.

Have a good one, all.

Judy
Old September 29th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

That picture is really nice.