Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:46 PM
Admiral

Default Dog the Bounty Hunter arrested!

So here is the guy who is able to do what the FBI, detectives and local police could not do, arrest a guy whose enjoyment was to drug and brutally rape numerous women. And what is his reward? To be arrested by the Mexican police for "kidnapping". I guess the saying is true, "no good deed shall remain unpunished!". They should be on their knees thanking him for getting this monster off of the streets so he can't terrorize other women (now serving a 120-odd year sentence). Instead they treat him like a horrible criminal!

He will have his extradition hearing in November of this year. I hope and pray that he doesn't have to go back to a country who provides a safe haven and a wonderful life for murderers and other horrible criminals! I think it's disgusting that they allow cop killers and others to enjoy freedom there, yet they put SO much effort into trying to prosecute someone who is on the RIGHT side of the law!

I understand that bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico, but that country has a LOT worse problems than chasing someone down who actually catches criminals rather than letting them enjoy a life of leisure.

My last comment on this subject (at least in this post!) is it's DISGUSTING SHAME....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Admiral

All he had to do was turn the guy over to Mexican authorities.... (but then, he wouldn't get paid, right?) and follow extradition procedures (like the Mexicans are doing for Dog).

We have problems with bounty hunters disrepecting our country's sovereignty as well. How about if we sent a bunch of armed yahoos to YOUR country to do whatever they like, break into the wrong house, shoot up your neighbourhood etc.... Not so appealing if the bounty hunters are suddenly foreigners, huh?

The fact that the guy is a scumbag is no reason to disrepect another country, even if it is "only" Mexico. If Dog TRULY upholds the law, he should show a little respect for it.

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old September 27th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Admiral

Yup, he should have known he was doing the wrong thing, but hey! Life isn't always fair, is it? And I believe as in the spirit of the "law" of Mexico, we should harbor their criminal (Dog) and keep him here like they do with our criminals (cop murderers, etc.). They should just spend their efforts and attentions on the REAL criminals, of which they have PLENTY down there...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Admiral

quote Cruise Cynic

"All he had to do was turn the guy over to Mexican authorities.... "

Just 1 month to go until the "Cruise Cynic Mystery Cruise" ... January 2008
Old September 27th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I saw this and thought he had been arrested again, over night. Just a few facts. Dog doesn't carry a gun. He can't by law, because he is a convicted felon. Bounty Hunters have a sleazy reputation, but do serve the police by picking up wanted people, when the police are busy taking care of other business.

I think the whole thing could have been handled better. Several mistakes were made on both sides, but at least this man (The rapist) is off the street.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

The really question is do the ends justify the means. Did Dog have the moral right to break the Mexican law in order to get the bad guy? At what point do we determine the bad guy is bad enough that the laws don't matter? On one hand I want Dog to arrest that bad guy because men like that scare me. On the other hand I'm not sure that Dog should determine which laws he can and can't break in pursue of the criminal. And how I have no hands left. So this arrest has me confused

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old September 28th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Passenger

Dog just forgot to bring his Mexican bribe money for the the outstanding officials.

He is too high profile, He should have grabbed the guy, had a private plane ready and flown back to the states.

Mexican officals could care less about human rights. It's all about the denero!
Old September 28th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Admiral

Katlady, maybe in his mind, he DID have a MORAL right to break Mexican law! Perhaps not legal, but moral, I would say yes!

MORALLY, I think Mexico needs to update their primative laws and stop allowing felons to live the life of luxury in Mexico because their crime was SO heinous, they will not deport them to the US to face their punishment...

His extradition hearing will be in November...I just hope and pray that they don't send him to such a horrible place! He did the world a wonderful thing by getting this monster off of the streets, and it would be a terrible tragedy to put him in a place where people would just LOVE to do him harm....