Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Default Good Wednesday Morning

Good morning Cruisemates! Happy hump day. It looks like the weather is really going to change today and for the rest of the week. It is supposed to become cold and rainy. The weekend looks like it will be sunny, but only in the 50's. Of course, this is the case because Gary and I are going away for the weekend. Last weekend was absolutely beautiful...sunny and temps in the mid-70's. I guess our walk around the lake this weekend will be a chilly one!
I know that I said that I didn't want to get another dog for a very long time.....well, last night I found myself looking at puppies on the internet......what am I thinking???????
RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All!!!! Maybe today I will get to torment the Yankee fans at work, they all took yesterday off -- too heartbroken to come to work and face me . Mary Lou -- sorry about the loss of your dog -- but I think you are being perfectly normal about wanting a new one.

Everyone have a great day and how about a little exercise:

Climbing Duns River Falls, Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's starting to drizzle outside here, and it looks like the weather is only going to get worse. I hope the rain doesn't get down to NYC, because I'm ready to watch the baseball game tonight. Let's Go Mets!

We had our meeting at work yesterday, and it looks like I will be here until the end of the year. Even if I get another job at another plant, this department has the right to hold me until they close up shop. When I first started with the company some 32 years ago, there were about 10 plants in the area. Now there are 4. Some have closed, and others have been sold to different firms. But it's sad to see the loss of so many good paying jobs.

Not much going on today, so...

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Good morning from sunny Florida<sorry guys > I have not been on the computer since last friday. There was such shocking developments here that I was too stressed out to do anything. Our middle daughter gave us grieve...big time. I had told my dh now I am not going to Africa but we are on again. Let's just say our daughter got in BIG trouble in school and right now she is at home We are hoping to reverse that.

Other than that I have bronchitis and in just a few days I am supposed to fly around the globe with that

ML it is normal what you are doing. After we had to put down our first dog I was so sad I ended up getting another "jewel" and she is so cute and fit right in. I say go for it!

Busy today with packing and getting stuff. last night we went to church and we all packed the bags for the stuff we are bringing for the kids <clothes, toys etc> Everyone on our 6 member team has to give up 1 bag which each has 50lbs weight limit. I just wish we could bring more as I know they need it! Have a good day mates!!!!
Old October 11th, 2006, 07:42 AM
First Mate

Well good morning to all

Thunderstorms and rain here in Toronto. It was a chore just walking from the parking lot to my office.

Kids.....aren't they just that kids.....we always worry about them, even when they turn into adults and do their own thing. Hope everything works out for you. Have a safe trip.

Well, have to get my reports going, fun wow....feels like I was never on vacation....

Have a good one all.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Grey and cooler, just like MaryLou's weather. We are scheduled for rain thru the weekend, but I hope that changes.

Yesterday was jammed pack, but got everything done. Annual Business Meeting went well. It amazes me that out of about 200 people at our church only 10 care enough to know how the money is spent and to find out the direction we are planning for the next year. Oh, well, it makes for a really easy meeting. Today I'll type up the minutes and start getting stuff ready for Sunday morning. Then I'll teach my Bible Study this afternoon.

DH and some of his co-workers are taking off after work to drive to see their co-worker, Mike, at the hospital. Of course strong wind gusts are forecast for later this afternoon, so that could change their plans. Hopefully they will all get done on time as it is about a two hour drive to the hospital. Of course I'm sure they will be stopping at some point to eat. I won't expect them too early this evening. The dog and I will enjoy the left over roast pork I guess.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where my computer says it's "overcast and raining". Well, it's overcast, but dry out there at the moment - what does a computer know anyway?
It has definately cooled off, and it looks like we are in for a few days of dull, rainy weather.
My cold is still hanging in there and I'm getting pretty tired of it about now.
Doug, we didn't go to Jamaica on the Caribbean Princess, we did the other route, but I have been to Dunn's River Falls on another cruise. I did NOT attempt the Falls, but enjoyed the warm beach water instead!

ML, about 3 years ago my friend lost her beloved 15 yr old dog. She was so "doggy-starved" she used to come over to my house frequently to get her "doggy-fix" by playing with my dog. One day she asked me to accompany her to the SPCA, and she picked out a 1 1/2 yr old Shepherd/Collie cross with the sweetest nature! Since that day, "Oakie" and my Emma have been the best of friends and visit each other often so their "moms" can catch up on each others' lives!

donna
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates.

I woke up this morning feeling like the beginning of cold woke up with me *sniff*. When I got home from work yesterday I had a headache and my throat was beginning to hurt. I take a multiple vitamin but I know I need to push Vitamin C. It has been years since I have had a cold, so any and all advice will be gladly accepted. How many mg should I take? I'm eating my oatmeal and then it is off to work *sniff*.

MaryLou, the reason you are looking at puppies is because you had such a wonderful part of the family that you lost. The new puppy will work his/her way into your heart the same way.

Send me your cold remedies and have a good day.
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from Central Texas where it is so foggy. I guess this is the cold front coming in. We had wonderful rain all yesterday. I could not settle the students down. I closed the blinds in the classroom, to keep their minds on the work, instead of the rain. One student said"But, Mrs. Russo, it is so wet." We have had rain twice since July. We needed this rain.

Sue, I don't know how you do it. I admire you for your dedication to the kids in a less fortunate country.

I haven't kept up with baseball this year. Is the Joe Torre the same one who was the catcher for the Braves in the 60's and 70's? I think I still have his baseball card.

Doug, I loved your picture this morning. That brought back resent memories. What fun we had.

Mary Lou, You need to once again love, so go for it.

Donna, I am glad to see that you are feeling better. Take care

Ready to Go Stay well...

Eddie, Is it not a shame that after all these years, you can not look forward to retiring with a company. Things sure have changed. Good Luck.

For those to follow..... Take care

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates! Not so warm this morning in NH's beautiful Lakes Region. The weatherman is warning of rain and cold on the way. Work for me today, hard to adjust after having 2 days off. I am having fun ironing out the little details of my upcoming cruise on the Pride. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Sounds like we are all in the same sort of weather pattern... rain and cool in Calgary too.

Had a productive day yesterday. Managed to convince my golf club to donate playing rights for a year to our charity auction. A great auction item that should bring in over $2000 on its own for the women's shelter.

Will spend today thinking of who else I can hit up
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 11th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

Mary Lou: Gee, you even made time for a good morning post after all this mornings clean up. I think you should go for another pup. My suggestion is go for a mutt (mixed breed) unless you have a specific purpose in mind. They have far fewer health problems. Betty, will be heartbroken when Kramer leaves us but has already made me promise that the next one will not shed. (He just looked at me with the "What next one? look)

My wife is doing better today and is off to my daughter's for some help in the remodeling. Have Sander Will Travel.

I will be taking it easy and doing my homework.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old October 11th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning to all. Seems like alot of us are experiencing the same weather pattern, its cool, cloudy and very grey here in Mass.

I am also fighting a head cold, tis the season. As for remedys Mom and Grandma got it right years ago with hot soup. I take blackberry brandy before bedtime to quiet the cough and help sleep.
Old October 11th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Good morning--
well the weather sure was alot nicer when I was walking my dog at 7:00 am compared to now------- not bad exercise but the picture sure makes me want to go back to Jamaica-------and lift my arm a few---- Margaritaville any one ? lol.

Wishing everyone a great day--take care and be good------

cheers
April