Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo
Default Please Let Next Week Be Better

First of all, thanks to all of you on the morning thread, who said such nice things. I really needed it. Next I want to explain what has happened to me this week. It might require a stiff drink, and maybe a tissue, but here goes.

Last Friday night, I lost my only aunt. She was my favorite relative in the world, excluding my kids and hubby. I was clearly not going to make it to her service, so I ordered flowers. I called the florist in Georgia, and within 10 minutes, got a call back, saying the flowers had been refused. She had left instructions that nothing should be done for her. No service, no flowers, no nothing. I am sure she did it, because she didn't want a large expense for her family, but that hurt. It took me several days before I could make it through the day, without crying.

Monday I went to work, and found out that a viral strain is going through one of the schools I work at, and would be needed each day this week, in different classes each day. I work mostly with 5th through 8th grade, and all change classes. I am certified by the State of Texas to teach, and for many years I have done this, but this week was different. (I counted today, and I taught 644 students this week.) Normally this would not have bothered me, but add in the fact that at least one parent was missing from these kids families now. That equals sadness, and behavior problems.

Wednesday night I came home from work, and there was a message on my machine. "Hello, Mrs. Russo, We are aware that loved ones in your area are at war, and maybe you have already lost a loved one. If you vote this coming Tuesday, we will bring all the soldiers home, before they all die." My kids heard it first!!!!!!!!

Thursday, I got a call from, I am not kidding, and if the sales person is reading this, I stand by what I said, He was selling CASKETS

Now I am in person, a very loving soul. I am basically a good person, and I have very little temper, but last night I lost it. I said things about his mother. I questioned his legitimizes, and I even told him some sexual things he could do to himself, that included his casket.

Today at work, I watched the clock, and by 10:00 I had quit 3 times.

For dinner tonight I had chocolate.

Tomorrow, I am going to take a long walk, and readjust my life, while it is in limbo, and start all over again.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Luanne, you have survived a very hard week; next week does have to be better. Enjoy the weekend with your kids.

Good Luck!

Marc
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Luanne, I'm sorry you had such a hard week, but I see your sense of humour survived. I laughed out loud when you told that guy what to do with his casket!
Hope you have a better weekend...

donna
Old November 4th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Gosh Luanne,
This next week just has to be better!!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 4th, 2006, 06:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

What an awful week you have had. I do hope things will get better soon. ((((((((((((((((((((LUANNE)))))))))))))))))))))))) I hope a hug helps. Take care Luanne, I am sending Prayers and good thoughts toyou.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 4th, 2006, 06:39 AM
Admiral

Yikes,
I'd be eating chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Will pray that next week is perfectly lovely. Hang in there...
Old November 4th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Sea Trekker

(((((((LUANNE))))))
Hugs and lots of love from me!
I hope you do not have another week like that.
I have had bad days too. They are a part of life. Just know we are here for you to vent and release the stress.
Carole
Old November 4th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Luanne;

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I are here for you. If we can ever, and I mean ever, do anything for you and yours, please just ask. Things are going to get better, and better.
Hang in there.

Ken
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Yeoman

Hello my good friend and God Bless you and heal you from this terrible week. Know that I am with you!
Your response to the casket salesman was funny.
When my DW passed away this past July we had her cremated. Several days later I received a call from a company selling monuments. I told him that I did not need a monument as her remains are with me at home. He immediately asked if I wanted to pre order a monument for me and I could get it at a discount. I hung up.

Regards,
Ben
Old November 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Luanne, I think in addition to that chocolate dinner, you need to schedule a massage (you can pretend you're on a cruise) FAST!

Have you thought about having your own little memorial service (maybe just you) for your aunt? Funerals and memorials are designed to help the living saying goodbye to the departed. It sounds as though the part that is still missing for you is saying goodbye.

Thoughts and prayers with you, dear.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old November 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Luanne,

It will be another week and you will always have someone to share it with you. That's all that matters.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 4th, 2006, 10:34 AM
First Mate

Luanne,

What a terrible week you had. Next week will be much, much better. Hang in there.
Old November 4th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Luanne..............that was a terrible week!!!! Like the others said.....next week will be better..........just take it day by day........

Chocolate for dinner??? Isn't that a once a week meal?!?!?!?!?!

Hang in there......we're here for you........

Sharon
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Admiral

David and I are very sorry you are having a difficult time. We will keep good thoughts for you. Things should turn around soon, all be it a slow process.

Hang in there!
Old November 4th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Please Let Next Week be Better

Luanne, next week WILL be better. Count on it. You are in my thoughts. Think of it this way: What would we do without chocolate?

Judy
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Luanne,
One day at a time.
Watch the Conquest sail on your webcam.You are the one that got me started watching it.I enjoy it.Thank you.
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

This is the e-mail I received from Hubby a few minutes ago. See my week is already getting better.

Well BD I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you. But you know I send my loving arms, hugs, and gentle pecks on the cheek for support.

Miss you
Love JIm
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Luanne, you have been in my thoughts and will continue to be in my prayers. I know you must have felt totally overwhelmed with emotions. May you days ahead be brighter. Sending warm hugs ((((((Luanne))))))
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 4th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Hi Luanne,
I'm just catching up with the news. Too bad you can't erase the week from your calendar and either pretend it never happened or it won't happen again.
Of course, I echo and ditto all that has said. No one deserves a week like you had.
You are strong and will persevere. There are just some very heartless people in the world and administrators who don't think straight. Your answer on the phone to that one person probably gave you lots of satisfaction. I'm not easily ruffled either--BUT-there comes a time, and you found it!!

Please accept my hug as well. Take care. Love, Lynne
A nice bubble bath with scented candles all around and light music might be nice for you, too---after the massage!

Ruby Princess
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Admiral

Luanne,

I think Dorothy has a good idea. Is there a particular charity that you know you aunt supported or had interest in. You could make a donation to that with the money that you were going to spend on the flowers. Or even send flowers or a plant to a nursing home or hospital for someone to enjoy. Or bring them to church and have them on the altar in your aunt's memory.

If she liked children maybe you could donate books to a shelter or a backpack filled with school supplies - a teddy for a crises center. If she liked animals you could make a donation to the local humane society. Or if she had a specific illness to that, say the heart fund or cancer fund, diabetes association.

Going through the process of actually doing something special with her in mind, that will bless someone else, might bring you some peace.

Bless you Luanne. Glad you dh send you such a sweet email. I pray many blessings ahead for you and your family.