Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Admiral

Default Early Monday Morning

A great and wonderful Monday morning to all of my fellow Cruisemates!! Weather here has the opportunity to turn nasty, we'll see. I hope not as I walk 12 blocks from the bus stop to work and back on two days of the week. Feeling better about myself but still up in the air about the future. I'll make the correct choices, of course.

Have a glorious day!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Admiral

It is just before 5am on the east coast but almost 7pm here in Japan. I have been staying away from starting "Good Morning" threads as you have not even eaten dinner the day before when it is morning here.

Monday has been a wonderful day so you in the states have nothing to fear

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old November 6th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning CruiseMates. Monday!! my day off. taking Patty to lunch today and doing my weekly chores. Michael it is nice to know you are on the mend. Have a great day all.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 6th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando.
Nice to see you Marc. Hope all is well with you and Arlene.
Some sad news from Orlando this morning as Gatorland is on fire. There are big flames shooting from the roof of the gift shop area...hopefully they can get it under control before it gets to the animals.
Angela Z.
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Admiral

Mornin' everybody,

It's a happy day in western NY any time the Bills pull off a win. The weather turned out to be very nice yesterday after the sun broke through the clouds. Oh how I love sitting on the sunny side of the stadium!

I didn't get much sleep last night (don't you hate those nights?), so I hope the craziness here at work is kept to a mild roar.

Have a great day!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone,
Our weather is so changeable.You don't know how to dress for the day.
Not much on the slate for today.Taking the wife to the Mall,and pick up a few groceries.
If I'm good and don't complain about how much is spent,she may buy me lunch.I'm in the mood for Tex-Mex.
Y'all have a nice day!
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:20 AM
First Mate

Good Day All..

A very happy day for you Ed, the Bills finally won. Congrats. Except for the injury to McGahee. He's needed...hope he gets better soon.

Well my parents are heading back from Naples, FLA tomorrow, it's about time, haven't seen them since the cruise at the beginning of October. I really dislike them being away for such a long time.

Weather is supposed to be good here today in Toronto, but calling for rain tomorrow.

My classes start today, so I really won't have a life for the next 3 months.

Take care all, have a good one.
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Jupiter. A little cloudy and windy out there right now, but should be a nice day.

Michael, I hope the weather holds out for you. Walking twelve blocks sounds like something I should get out there and do. Sounds like a long way.

Marc, it's nice to hear from you this morning too.

I had a nice time last night at the seafood boil with my brother's friends. My brother Bill loves to cook, so he made a big kettle of boiled potatoes, corn on the cob, kielbasa, shrimp, and clams. There was enough left over to feed an army!

I'm off to Boynton to spend some time with my other brother today.

Have a good one all.
Phyll
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Admiral

Good morning from beautiful Lakeland, Florida. Only SIX days untill the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I sail on the fabulous "Carnival Miracle" out of Tampa. Can't wait for another seven days of pampering, great shows, and outstanding food. We'll keep you advised!

Ken
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

Very dull and grey today. Looks like we can expect rain - but it will be in the 40's.

Yesterday we went to church in the a.m. spent the after noon at my dh parents house to celebrate his dad's birthday. Played cards, ate pizza and cake. Then back to church for a Gospel Concert, which was very enjoyable.

Christmas Shopping on Saturday did'nt go well. I'm not much further ahead. I just can't seem to find anything I like.

Today I will get in my elliptical (which I didn't do for 2 days), get my paper work done and a few household tasks. Then I need to take my mother to go and find fabric to reupholster 2 antique chairs. Then the dreaded grocery shopping.

Dh is on call this week, so I don't plan on seeing much of him. Plus he is working in a different district all week, so his hours will be longer just from the travel time. Today he has to go to a meeting with the insurance company as they are investigating the accident where his co-worker got electrocuted. He has now had both feet amputated and needs surgery on his elbow. He will be moved to a rehabilitation facility this week.

Ready - hope you hear a good report on your dil's mother and you all can sail!
Marc - glad to hear today is going to be good, and glad it is going well for you.
Phyll - glad you arrived safely back in Florida
Angela - Gatorland! I have some really great pictures of the kids there
from one of our trips to Orlando. I hope it is contained and
the gators are all safe. How scary for them and their trainers.

Wishing you all the very best of days,
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Good morning, Mates!

I woke up feeling great.... anticipation is building!
It looks like DS, DIL and precious grandbaby WILL be able to sail with us Thursday. DIL's mother seems to be doing pretty well. They removed the catheter used for dialysis yesterday afternoon and gave her antibiotics through the IV, while at the hospital. They will reinsert a cathether tomorrow, then it is a wait to ascertain that all infection is clear, and they will operate to put in a permanent port. The soonest they see that happening would be some time next week.

Marc, its great that you know how our day is going to turn out! psst, did my cousin win his bid for re-election as County Judge on Tuesday?
Phyll, spending time with brothers sounds nice. I miss that.
Ken, don't get the way of the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita)'s packing!
Michael, glad that your are feeling better. The better you feel, the easier it will be to make the decisions you will be making.

Everyone have a great day!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from Central Texas where it is thundering, and very muggy. I had to close up the house yesterday, because everything seemed damp.

Today is the beginning of my new "better" week. No work, and a little play.

Marc, it is so good to hear from you.

Michael, That's a lot of exercise. Take care

Phil, sounds like you had a full weekend.

Ed, Congrats on your Bills

Did anyone see the Washington game? What a great ending.

Everyone have a good day. Stay safe

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Morning All, we're back to shades of gray in Montreal again, but the temperature is +5C so the snow flurries will now be rain showers. Looks like a "mild" week, but rainy and dull.

It's back to work and "Lice Check" today. See who comes clean and who needs to be sent home! Hoping it won't be any of us teachers!

Michael, you're walking 12 blocks? I'd be exhausted! It's amazing you can walk at all considering what you've been through - good for you!

VTJen, I did some "accidental" Christmas shopping this weekend. I accidentally found 3 perfect gifts while out shopping for a birthday present!
Phyll, sounds like a great time at your brother's, glad you enjoyed it.

Skymaster - a 6 day countdown? Whoo Hoo!

Mike, hope you and Betty are doing better?

Marc, nice to hear from you. Must be strange being a day ahead of everyone else!

Well, I must get ready for work. have a great day all!

donna
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default marc

Marc--Nice to hear from you. Hope your house hunting is getting along. What part of town will your place of work be? Will it be close to Yokota? We lived in Fussa awhile before moving on base. Watch out for the trains they move quitly and fast. They don't blow their horns at the crossings.
Keep in touch.

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old November 6th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well, I am hobbling ariound, after wallpapering yesterday, I stepped on some of the molding we had removed..I had a Chinese slipper on, and this honking nail,went right through the sole.

A trip to urgent care and a tetanus shot later, then a stop at the dollar store made it all better..[almost]

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......can you say rain!?!??!?! The rivers are rising & they say there will be flooding.......glad we live on upper ground.......no flooding here.....thankfully.....hopefully the low lands won;t get hit TOO hard.......

Michael.......hope the weather hold for your walking.......

Mike.....hope you & family are doing better.......

Phyll.........glad you had a great time with your feast........

Luanne...........hold in there.......

Y'all have a good Monday...........

Sharon
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A decent sort of "winter" day in store for us in Calgary, with temps in the mid 50s F.

Just a 3 day work week for me this week, and then off to Florida, and a short sailing on the Century. Lots to do in the 3 days though, so I'm hoping things go smoothly.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old November 6th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Admiral

Default Early Monday Morning

Good morning from Southern California. Gonna be toasty. It was 86 yesterday.

I'm gimpy, too, Trip. I slipped on a wet bathroom floor and sprained my right foot, not the ankle, tho'. It's sore and bruised around the little toe area. I've been wearing a good walking shoe with lots of padding, so I'm mobile.

Painter's colmikng soon, so better get moving.

Judy