Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Default Question for Catholic cruisers

Does anyone carry a Saint Christopher's medal with them when they cruise?

I remember riding in my grandmother's car one day and she pointed out her medal hanging from the passenger side sun visor. She and my grandfather used to drive to Arizona from Washington state and back every year to visit my great grandmother, and never an accident. (As an aside, they are both good drivers and there is no reason I would expect them to get in an accident with or without a medal!)

When I got my first car, I bought my own medal to hang from my rear-view mirror, and I have never been in an accident either -- but I have been in a few scary close calls, all due to the recklessness of other drivers. (I am a very cautious and conservative driver. I can't afford tickets for traffic violations!) After I met my fiancé, whose family travels more than mine does, I started putting the Saint Christopher's medal in my purse whenever we'd drive or fly somewhere. It's just something that makes me feel better subconsciously when I am traveling.

Does anyone else carry a medal around with them? I know Saint Christopher is the patron saint of travelers but not necessarily specific to maritime travel. Just curious how many people still carry them!

-Angela C.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Passenger

Yes , in my wallet. And it never sets off the metal detectors..
Old November 9th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Captain

Yes and always my Rosary

John
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012