Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:13 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning and TGIF!

Mornin' everybody,

Just in case you don't look at the bottom of my post, yes I did book a cruise! They had some really great prices, and the airlines cooperated with a price drop after the holiday. So we took the plunge. Now all I have to do is get travel insurance and find a room in Miami pre-cruise. In order to get the best air price, we had to leave at 5:40am! So we will need a room just to get some sleep. I am really psyched!

A tractor-trailer will be in today for the next shipment of equipment, so I have to watch and make sure the wrong thing does not go out the door (unlike the last shipment...they had to ship some packing material back up from Virginia).

DW already has a shopping plan for tonight, so I've got to get my pack mule outfit ready. Oh, how I love shopping!

Have a great day and a fabulous weekend!

Ed

Norwegian Majesty
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:54 AM
First Mate

Good morning Ed and those to follow.

Ed, good for you booking another cruise. I'm jealous.

Man, what a difference in the weather today. +16c when I came into work yesterday, today very cold and rainy.

Shopping plans for the wknd and volunteering at a Children's Xmas party are on tap.

Have a great day everyone and a wonderful weekend.
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning!

Eddie, I know you are happy to have the cruise to look forward to. I'm sure it will help you get through these winter months. The promise of warm breezes is always incentive. 8)

Temps in the 30s this morning. Yesterday the temp;erature dropped 30 degrees within 7 minutes when the cold front pushed through. Baby its cold outside!

I guess I have go bundle up and go to work. Make it a great day and stay warm!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:18 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All,

It is raining here. It pretty much rained all night, and everything is very soggy. It has dropped about 20 degrees since yesterday. People were out in shorts - it is back in the 40's today.

This has been a horrid week. Yesterday took the prize. A wire let loose on my braces, and to get an emergency appointment to the dentist then will have to call the orthodontist next week, as the office is only open on Wed - the day one of 3 orthodontists comes to town.

All my equipment - printers, copiers went funky. How is it they all decide either not to work or run out of toner all at the same time?

Then my horrid doctors appointment. Had to tell the nurse how I didn't appreciate the fact that their office allowed me to be without meds for 4 days, how they wouldn't sent the presecription to the pharmacy. She was enraged, she'd been on vacation for a few days.
Then I left with a ton of test that have to bee taken. Need to go do the blood work today, waiting to here when my colonoscopy and mammogram will be scheduled. Not really sure why the doctor is testing me for anorexia. I think my lack of appetite is due to the fact my thyroid levels are so far off, when everything is sluggish and you are so tired, eating food isn't high on the list, it just seems like one more thing you've got to do.

Then for the most depressing news. He said if my thyroid levels are not straightened out I couldn't have my surgery to fix my jaw in February. Of course the jaw is half the trouble with my not eating - chewing is painful.

Needless to say I'm now depressed and really don't feel like eating.

Also dealing with my sister, she has been very hurtful to me this week. It came out of now where and just blindsided me.

And my "friend" that I had lots of trouble with last year has reappeared in my life. After the last stunt she pulled on me with stealing she really evaporated from my life - has hardly spoken to me in months. Now that her father has been diagnosed with cancer and she needs $1000 dollars of dental work done she has started coming to my house again and calling me several times a week.
I am trying to be supportive and am working past the hurt, it is the distrust I can't seem to get past.

Ed - so glad you are posting again. Have fun shopping. I can see you
now at the mall with the pack mule - shovel in hand just in case
he drops a few "presents" of his own.

Hope you all have a nice day. I should go do some shopping, but can't muster up the energy.
Old December 1st, 2006, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from a miserable Montreal. 1C and freezing rain, and it feels much colder. Rain is supposed to turn to snow later on. I guess winter is officially here.

VTJen, sorry you are having such a tough week. Hang in there girl!
Did you happen to see the tribute to Bill Haughland on the CFCF news last night? He's retiring after 40-some years at the station, and going to enjoy his home in Vermont! I never knew he lived there! I've been watching the guy on the 6:00 news for as long as I can remember....

fasteddie, congratulations on your new booking! I'm sure the anticipation will make the next 2 months of miserable weather much more bearable!

Ready and MissKMM, looks like we share the same weather!

Better go get some breakfast and off to work... have a nice day!

donna
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning everyone and the temps are beautiful here; actually "short" weather, but not for long, I guess we are going to get a cold front any day now

Well the holiday season is kicking off, first holiday party I get to go to is tomorrow. Yeah..... Unfortunately, with the holiday parties starting so soon, I haven't had time to put on CHristmas decorations.... the heck with it, maybe I will just book a cruise and enjoy their decorations (I wished......)
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! A slight warming for our weather in Calgary. Still in the 30sF, but not below zero for now.

Took my folks to the airport bright and early this morning... and sent them off to Pheonix for 3 months. They've rented a condo, and hopefully being out of this cold climate will be good for them. Plus they'll enjoy being around all my sister's kids, and their great grand child.

I came home from the airport, grabbed a shower, and am heading into work for our second last day of operations.
A big Customer Appreciation party today over the lunch and afternoon. Prize draws, a few stories told, and hopefully a fun day. Then tomorrow at 6 P.M. we shut down the bar for good!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning Everyone,
What a beautiful morning! Ice on the trees and the sun shining thru makes a beautiful scene.
RayB need you to take a picture of this!
Y'All have a Great Day!
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Morning all from the Tidewater of Va. where our temps are supposed to break a record today. In the 80's,,,, Hey it works for me !!!

But this evening it's all doing down the drain,,,down into the 40's for a high tomorrow. So I'm going out and enjoy this day,,,,

Hope eveyone has a great Friday,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........temps are back up.......40's during the day......I can take that......uppers 30's for the morning so not bad at all........

A few errands today.........

Y'all have a good Friday...........

Sharon
Old December 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Default Good Morning and TGIF

Good morning from Southern California. Still cool, dry, and windy. There were freeze warnings out last night for some areas.

Eddie, nice to talk to you on Chat last night. Congratulations on your cruise.
VtJen, take good care of yourself.
Everyone else, have a good day.

Judy