Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good Morning All,

The thunderstorms, high winds and rain have passed. A brisk breeze is still blowing and I think we are to be looking for snow today. It was a wild night for sure - peculiar time for so much thunder and lightening.

Dh actually came home for an hour last night before he got called out. We knew the calls would start coming due to the weather advisories so we scarfed down a frozen pizza before he had to leave, and as soon as he was done eating he started restoring power. He has been out for about 14 hours now, not sure how much longer he will be gone. He just called and is hoping to come home soon, at least for a nap.

I will be playing catch up on my paperwork today and laundry. Didn't accomplish much yesterday. Decided to eat 3 meals, and ended up with severe stomach problems. Today I think I will try to eat a little bit every couple of hours or so. How I wish I could find something tasty to eat.

I should go fill all the bird feeders, they have been picked clean, and I'm sure the birds and squirrels are wondering where their breakfast is.

Hope you all have a nice day.
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Angela Z.

Good morning from Orlando where it still feels like summer.
Is everybody sleeping in this morning? I'm waiting for the cable guy or I'd probably still be asleep!
The football playoff last night was a heartbreaker but probably the most exciting high school game played in this area in years. It started out as a 3-0 snoozer at the half but Boone had the 3 so we were happy. The 2nd half was a real tug of war with 62 points scored but we fell short (after grabbing the lead with 1:13 to go!) and lost 34-31....sigh.....on the bright side this means no trip to Miami next Saturday and I can do a lot of the holiday baking I'd been planning.....not that it's all about me, right?
The Century countdown is looking great!
Angela Z.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates! Looks like most of the country now has cold weather and some areas ice and snow. Be careful out there. I hve some running around to do today, beginning with having my truck washed. I just hate a dirty vehicle! DH is working 12 hours today. I am so tired of him being gone. Jen, I can only imagine what you must go through.

Have a great weekend!
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 2nd, 2006, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good Morning from central Texas where it is cool, but sunny.

I have a whole list of things to do today.

Angela, Our little team is also in the finals. Last night they won 30-27. Next week it is on to the simi finals. Texas is so big, that we had to close school early yesterday, so that everyone would have time to get to the game, at Texas (Cowboy ) stadium. It is heart breaking when they loose, but a pain to get to the games.

I know a lot of you have had some really bad weather this week. Take care.

Everyone have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 2nd, 2006, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Morning All, from Montreal, where I'm very surprised to see the sun shining this morning. Last night was a nightmare with the weather. I left work at 6pm in the middle of a nasty rain/ice storm. After waiting 1/2 hour, the 20 of us shivering in the train shelter realized the train would not be coming (power was out all over town) 4 of us who go to the same destination decided to find a cab and split the cost. Could NOT find a free cab after standing out on the street corner in a blinding icy rain for 15 minutes, so we all herded on a bus, which took us to a metro (subway) and then to 2 other buses. All the way home, we saw power outages everywhere, ice-coated trees and branches down in the road, or overhanging the streets where they scraped the bus as it went by. Not to mention seeing transformers blowing everywhere and incredible lighting as well. It was a very scary, cold, wet, and hungry 2 1/2 hour trip home ( a trip that usually takes me 17 minutes by train!). Thank goodness our power was still on when I got home!

Overnight, the winds howled, and are still howling, despite the sun being out. Our poor dog woke us up crying at 6 am, hyperventilating out of nervousness of the wind creaking the house!
The temperature has dropped below zero, and we are expecting snow next.
Welcome to December! I cannot wait till the Century cruise!!

donna
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! The cold snap in Calgary is at least temporarily over. It had to be bad when temps in the 30s and 40s F feels warm

Had our final wrap up party for the hotel/bar yesterday, and it was a fun event. There's even going to be some faces from the place I'm going to miss
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:19 AM
Captain

Good Morning All

It is a beautiful day here in Alabama, just 72 days until we cruise. I cannot wait. The big event this year is Christmas and we will have both of our boys home this year. I can't wait till I have them both home

Luanne Good luck to your team. Hope your DH is doing well and keeping safe. We continue to pray for the quick and safe return of all of our Warriors. God Bless them all.

John 8)
Sensation - 2008
Miracle - 2009
Fascination - Feb 2010
Destiny - 2010
Miracle - Feb 2011
Dream - 2011
Elation - 2012
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning CM's,,,

Woke up to a chilly day,,,temps when I went to bed last night were in the mid 70's,,,now in the low 40's But we didn't get much rain,,,so I'm grateful,,,sounds like some of you got hit hard. Hope it's better soon.

I was just on line buying tickets to see Rod Stewart. He is coming to this area Jan 28th. I'm excited. I just love him.

DH was called out to work this a.m. ,,,,one of the guys didn't show up so,,,,, the show must go on <bg> He was NOT happy !!

So guess I'm heading off to do some shopping all alone,,,,my kids just flew off to Orlando/Disney for a week this a.m. I'm left dog sitting. <bg>

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Going to get those suitcases down this afternoon and start getting things ready for the Century. Let the packing begin,,,,

"Attitude is determined by latitude"

Geoff Peterson for President.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........warming up here.......snopw is gone, freezing temps are gone.......back to our normal weather......low's in the 30's highs in the 40's.......

The Century is getting closer.........can't wait........

Not too much going on today....maybe a little shopping.......

Y'all have a good Saturday..............

Sharon
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Default Good Saturday Morning

Good morning from sunny Southern California.

Looks like the Holiday Look In will have perfect weather for the mansions tour. Keith and I plan to put on our walking shoes and go to Pasadena and do just that. We'll see four very large houses decorated for Christmas. Hope it helps get us in the spirit.

The big rivalry between UCLA and USC takes place at the Rose Bowl today. Hope we're no where near that! There are plenty of mansions in that area, but I don't think any of them are on the tour this year.

Have a good day, and happy Century!

Judy