Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Dilemna: short cruise or quick trip to Biloxi

My mom, who lives with me, is 82 and is in good health and still gets around really well. Years ago I made a promise to myself that I would take my mom on at least two trips per year for as long as her health allows. Her favorite thing is slot machines and her second favorite thing is cruising. However, money is reallly tight this year and I was trying to figure out what would be cheaper: a short cruise (get to a port in Fla is no problem for us, we can drive) or a quick trip to Biloxi. The problem is the slot machines are the cruises are generally pretty "tight" and of the three cruises I have taken her on, she has had no luck. (Took her to Vegas - which she absolutely loved- and she had lots of luck).

Do any of you guys have any suggestions, like I said my budget is none existent, I will figure out how to pay for it later, taking her is more important to me than the money. I am tyring to take her Jan/Feb of 07.
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:59 AM
Admiral

You are such a good daughter! I agree that the slots are "tighter" on the ships. That being said, if her first passion is the slots, I would say to go with Biloxi. You would probably get a really good rate on the room right now, so it may cost less than a short cruise. JMO
Mariner of the Seas

HAL Statendam Alaska Cruise Tour - 09/09/12; Disney Magic - 12/01/12; Allure of the Seas - 05/26/13
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Admiral

ready2go: i here about these great package deals people get to Biloxi, it is just with the hurricane damage, I don't know where to stay. I mean I would love to stay at the Beau Rivage (spelling) but they don't have such a good deal. Also, food is free on the cruises, but neither one of us are heavy eaters, we like to snack throughout the day on lighter fare; not much on the sit down and taking 2 hours to eat a meal. flying freaks me out, so I just drink before I go , but my mom loves to fly...
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Old December 11th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

Do the cruise! Sovereign ot Enchantment 4 days. PM me

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08